Devonta Freeman plans to run with more disrespect for opposing tacklers

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/237819/devonta-freeman-plans-to-run-with-more-disrespect-for-opposing-tacklers

FLOWERY BRANCH, Ga. -- Two-time Pro Bowler Devonta Freeman always runs with a purpose. But the Atlanta Falcons running back wants opponents to feel him even more in 2017.

In talking about things he plans to do to enhance his game, Freeman gave opposing defenders a warning.

"Just little things like breaking arm tackles, running through," Freeman said. "I feel like that's what I can get better at helping the offensive linemen out because those guys, they bust their butts. They don't get to rotate. The only time they get a break is if we score a touchdown, then when the defense goes on the field. But if we have an 18-play drive, they're on the field all game. So helping those guys out by giving them a blow by breaking a big tackle.

"Last year, I left some runs out there. Also in the open field, continue to make guys miss, punishing guys. I just want to be real disrespectful this year when it comes to football."

Freeman finished ninth in the league in rushing last season with 1,079 yards on 227 carries with 11 rushing touchdowns. He had 350 yards after contact, which was 18th among runners with 160-plus carries. Miami's Jay Ajayi led the league with 656 rushing yards after contact, followed by Dallas' Ezekiel Elliott with 632.

In 2015, Freeman had 404 of his 1,056 rushing yards after contact. But the Falcons had a much better run last season in making it all the way to the Super Bowl.

1 hour ago, Goober Pyle said:

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/237819/devonta-freeman-plans-to-run-with-more-disrespect-for-opposing-tacklers

FLOWERY BRANCH, Ga. -- Two-time Pro Bowler Devonta Freeman always runs with a purpose. But the Atlanta Falcons running back wants opponents to feel him even more in 2017.

In talking about things he plans to do to enhance his game, Freeman gave opposing defenders a warning.

"Just little things like breaking arm tackles, running through," Freeman said. "I feel like that's what I can get better at helping the offensive linemen out because those guys, they bust their butts. They don't get to rotate. The only time they get a break is if we score a touchdown, then when the defense goes on the field. But if we have an 18-play drive, they're on the field all game. So helping those guys out by giving them a blow by breaking a big tackle.

"Last year, I left some runs out there. Also in the open field, continue to make guys miss, punishing guys. I just want to be real disrespectful this year when it comes to football."

Freeman finished ninth in the league in rushing last season with 1,079 yards on 227 carries with 11 rushing touchdowns. He had 350 yards after contact, which was 18th among runners with 160-plus carries. Miami's Jay Ajayi led the league with 656 rushing yards after contact, followed by Dallas' Ezekiel Elliott with 632.

In 2015, Freeman had 404 of his 1,056 rushing yards after contact. But the Falcons had a much better run last season in making it all the way to the Super Bowl.

Image result for gif of shaking head yes

32 minutes ago, droopy1592 said:

LOL cuz yeah there's no possibility the contract is done later in the season like Alford's. No possibility at all. 

What does that have to do with anything I said? Like when i told you Free will get more than $6 mil a year I'm telling you Free will get paid off what he did on the field. Not words from a press conference. 

29 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

Just let the team figure out the numbers.  Nobody is stupid enough to listen to a clip and give a guy more money.

As long as they reach terms, I like the fire inside of Free.  He's a demon who breaks ankles for a living... and I like angry too.

I didn't think it was that hard to comprehend. 

I don't want him to change the way he runs.  He is a smart RB that takes mostly glancing blows.  If he put his head down and takes on even more contact, he will not have the long career that I wish for him.

He needs to spend time with Warrick Dunn.  

1 hour ago, etherdome said:

I don't want him to change the way he runs.  He is a smart RB that takes mostly glancing blows.  If he put his head down and takes on even more contact, he will not have the long career that I wish for him.

He needs to spend time with Warrick Dunn.  

Yeah that's true. But he actually runs like Marion the Barbarian Barber. And he didnt last long. But Free has Teco. And the Falcons dont run Free nearly as much as the Cowboys did Barber

1 hour ago, youngbloodz said:

What does that have to do with anything I said? Like when i told you Free will get more than $6 mil a year I'm telling you Free will get paid off what he did on the field. Not words from a press conference. 

You act like a woman sometimes. 

3 hours ago, droopy1592 said:

Trying to boost contract numbers?

No, hanging out with THE PUNISHER over beer and pizza. PUNISHER rubbing off on Freeman. Hopefully Hill intends to do same thing: PAIN between the CHAINS! :bang: I really hope Harlow joins this Motley Crue! Sociopaths always welcome! Contract or not, do it Freeman!