Is this the year Sanu break out?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Sanu did have a break out year. He has lived up to his contract so far and with all the weapons on this historic offense he's not going to have 1,000 + yard season nor should we want him to. Sanu just need to continue being reliable and another physical presence on the other side of Julio.

hes among the best WR 2s in my opinion 

11 minutes ago, Lornoth said:

He's not going to break out stats-wise unless we suffer some bad injuries, so I hope not. 

Exactly...we have an explosive playmaker at #3, expectant rising TE statistics, 2 backs catching a lot of passes....and then the #1 wideout in the NFL across the way.

We dont need him to have 1000 yards, 8 TD's and 75 catches.

We just need him to take off some heat from his teammates, add physicality to the perimeter, and occasionally have a game or two he takes over.

14 minutes ago, Flying Falcon said:

Understood, but for the money we paid, you all don't expect more?

He can only do what's asked of him to do. If he is only targeted twice a game, it's not entirely his fault. He doesn't control how many touches the running backs get. Etc

18 minutes ago, Flying Falcon said:

Understood, but for the money we paid, you all don't expect more?

Nah I'm not worried. We paid him to do exactly what he did last year, if he never does any more that's fine. He's also good insurance because if something were to happen with injuries he can pick up the slack. I just don't hope that he needs to. If he's getting more catches then someone like JJ, Free, or Turbo are getting less. We have the best problem ever, which is that we don't have enough touches to give all the playmakers on our offense.

27 minutes ago, Flying Falcon said:

Understood, but should there be a Big discrepancy between your #1 WR and your #2?

http://m.espn.com/nfl/teamstats?teamId=1&season=2016&category=receivingYards

That's 756 yardage difference.

WCO. I explained this to y'all when Kyle 1st got her. Go look at the differences in most #1's and #2's in this offense. Look up the difference on Jerry rice and John Taylor. A lot of times John Taylor was 4th in yards on the team behind Jones and craig. It has nothing to do with production and more about how the players is used in the offense. Most wco teams go thru the #1 wr, RB, and TE. THEN #2 wr. 

4 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

WCO. I explained this to y'all when Kyle 1st got her. Go look at the differences in most #1's and #2's in this offense. Look up the difference on Jerry rice and John Taylor. A lot of times John Taylor was 4th in yards on the team behind Jones and craig. It has nothing to do with production and more about how the players is used in the offense. Most wco teams go thru the #1 wr, RB, and TE. THEN #2 wr. 

Understand that, but for the amount of money that was paid. I'm just saying that maybe we could have paid alot less if he was going to be the 4th or 5th option like you stated.

5 minutes ago, Flying Falcon said:

Understand that, but for the amount of money that was paid. I'm just saying that maybe we could have paid alot less if he was going to be the 4th or 5th option like you stated.

And gotten a lot worse of a player allowing the defense to focus more on those other options on offense.

Always gotta have something to complain about though.

8 minutes ago, Flying Falcon said:

Well that wasn't gonna happen. He got paid market value for a wr of his caliber. And having him helped us get to the SB. These type of scheme specific teams are built a certain way. Very calculating and design based. Even with his numbers he does more than meets the eye. All those long runs Julio and the rb's had I guarantee sanu was somewhere giving a key block. Sanu has to be accounted for. If it's just any guy then the offense doesn't work. Throw out that traditional #1 and #2 wr thinking. The wco aint that. The only time you've ever seen it with a 1a 1b type was Chi's Carter and Randy Moss. And that's cause Carter was about to be gone so Randy could take the #1 spot. 

42 minutes ago, Flying Falcon said:

Understood, but should there be a Big discrepancy between your #1 WR and your #2?

http://m.espn.com/nfl/teamstats?teamId=1&season=2016&category=receivingYards

That's 756 yardage difference.

WCO is usually heavily catered towards your 1WR, TE, and RB in the pass game. Bill Walshes offenses were lopsided with touches. Jerry had often twice the catches of everyone else and next in line were RB (if good in pass game) and TE. Wr2 is usually a possession receiver or job is to pull zone coverage so 3 or RB can get yards. 

When Julio was injured last year Sanu did his job. Plus he's clutch and blocks well. 

Edited by droopy1592
1 minute ago, droopy1592 said:

WCO is usually heavily catered towards your 1WR, TE, and RB in the pass game. Bill Walshes offenses were lopsided with touches. Jerry had often twice the catches of everyone else and next in line were RB (if good in pass game) and TE. Wr2 is usually a possession receiver or job is to pull zone coverage so 3 or RB can get yards. 

When Julio was injured last year Sanu did his job. Plus he's clutch and blocks well. 

Ain't no if about the RB I'm the pass game. He HAS to be good in the pass game to play on the WCO. 

Sanu has done what was asked of him in this offense and I would rather has a good talented #2 that see limited usage and fits a role then a crap #2 that sees limited use and when does is crap at it... Sanu is a heck of a blocker, made clutch catches last year when needed, helps keep teams from just putting all the size against Julio cause he's a big boy too and when he catches and gets up-field he's a finisher and lays into defenders.

Edited by malak07