1 hour ago, g-dawg said:

How can Shelby have had more passrush snaps than Shede?  Shelby played what? 4 games (w/ no impact) before going on DL?

that  cannot be right can it?

That's not pass rushing snaps, that is total snaps. And yes, those numbers are correct. Shelby was taking more snaps than anyone else on the D-Line before he got hurt. Hageman was taking the least all season long. That's how Hageman only ended up taking 20 more snaps than Shelby.

For some comments from other posters in this thread. as I said I hope Hageman does have a breakout year, but the odds of that happening aren't in our favor. Typically by year three the player shows you who he is going to be -- not always, but typically. Last year was Hageman's third year. I hope he balls out, but I'm definitely not going to be getting my hopes up for it because it would be abnormal. 

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, RandomFan said:

That's not pass rushing snaps, that is total snaps. And yes, those numbers are correct. Shelby was taking more snaps than anyone else on the D-Line before he got hurt. Hageman was taking the least all season long. That's how Hageman only ended up taking 20 more snaps than Shelby.

For some comments from other posters in this thread. as I said I hope Hageman does have a breakout year, but the odds of that happening aren't in our favor. Typically by year three the player shows you who he is going to be -- not always, but typically. Last year was Hageman's third year. I hope he balls out, but I'm definitely not going to be getting my hopes up for it because it would be abnormal. 

I just don't believe Hageman has that inner drive to be great - generally you either have that gene/desire or you don't.  If Hage's did ball out this year - he could be another Albert Haynesworth - who seemed to play at a very high level only during contract years.

9 hours ago, Mid-Nite-Toker said:

Hags had to learn how to be a professional first...and the staff had to figure out where to use him best.

I anticipate a solid year for him...it was all about his attitude/work ethic.

I saw that professional light switch flip on for this guy last year, and he played very well accordingly ...this is an important contract year for him, and he'll be an important part of DT rotation..

most likely will move on next year to another team ...bigger contract, starter role 

Just now, Vandy said:

I saw that professional light switch flip on for this guy last year, and he played very well accordingly ...this is an important contract year for him, and he'll be an important part of DT rotation..

most likely will move on next year to another team ...bigger contract, starter role 

He wasn't a Quinn guy so Hags always had an uphill battle...change in regime.

Nevertheless, I thought Hags showed he could be a Quinn guy in the p/o.

This is his last and final chance to prove he wants to be a Falcon.  We need him to step up so we know what to do with Poe. I hope the light stays on with Hags.

22 minutes ago, Mid-Nite-Toker said:

He wasn't a Quinn guy so Hags always had an uphill battle...change in regime.

Nevertheless, I thought Hags showed he could be a Quinn guy in the p/o.

This is his last and final chance to prove he wants to be a Falcon.  We need him to step up so we know what to do with Poe. I hope the light stays on with Hags.

Toker, All I know is what I saw....the Guy balled down the stretch and into playoffs. Took on double teams which freed Jarrett and Lbers up....Nobody was able to effectively run against us during that stretch, which was a HUGE problem of this defense before Hage started playing a bigger role ....he helped pushed the pocket to collapse against the QB....he did his job, and anyone who didn't see that either doesn't know football or just has a bias dislike of the guy. 

Falcons defense played its best football of season when Hageman was in there...

15 hours ago, g-dawg said:

I just don't believe Hageman has that inner drive to be great - generally you either have that gene/desire or you don't.  If Hage's did ball out this year - he could be another Albert Haynesworth - who seemed to play at a very high level only during contract years.

Maybe he's just starting to figure things out. All of this is just speculation on our part. As DQ always says, "Sucess is a choice". 

Edited by TexasFalcon4Life

Problem was Hageman needed to adjust to schemes and the overall NFL game.  Its all about him getting time in the system and understanding what he needs to do.  Great player, just needs the pieces and system around him to be really productive. I am pretty sure he has it here just needs to keep playing with a bit of fire. 

5 hours ago, Vandy said:

Toker, All I know is what I saw....the Guy balled down the stretch and into playoffs. Took on double teams which freed Jarrett and Lbers up....Nobody was able to effectively run against us during that stretch, which was a HUGE problem of this defense before Hage started playing a bigger role ....he helped pushed the pocket to collapse against the QB....he did his job, and anyone who didn't see that either doesn't know football or just has a bias dislike of the guy. 

Falcons defense played its best football of season when Hageman was in there...

He played like a mad man in the GB playoff game so much so late in the game I believe on the Rodgers scramble that Alford performed the greatest flop ever on, Shede started to pursue and just fall over apparently dead cause he was gassed from going all out I truly thought the guy knocked out haha...

13 hours ago, R_The_Great said:

Problem was Hageman needed to adjust to schemes and the overall NFL game.  Its all about him getting time in the system and understanding what he needs to do.  Great player, just needs the pieces and system around him to be really productive. I am pretty sure he has it here just needs to keep playing with a bit of fire. 

Right... You have to coach up his production. It's rare when you have a player that you can line up anywhere and say "dominate" and they do so. Even though he was picked in the 2nd round, I thought he would be that type. Right now he has starter-level talent. Now my question is will he play at star-level, because I want him to be a star. He almost lost me last year early on but it looks like he's starting to put it together.

On 5/17/2017 at 0:24 PM, WeDemBirds60 said:

Somebody gotta step up and take few hundred snaps from Brooks Reed 

Reed had a bunch of those snaps on ST... but yeah, I'd love to see someone get more production out of those snaps (though Reed was doing a lot more at the end of the year and in the playoffs). I think Campbell will be taking some of Reed's snaps this year.