5 hours ago, RandomFan said:

Player Team Position Total Snaps Off Snaps Off Snap Pct Def Snaps Def Snap Pct ST Snaps ST Snap Pct
97-G.Jarrett ATL DL 700 0 0.0% 630 56.7% 70 14.7%
99-A.Clayborn ATL DL 585 0 0.0% 583 52.5% 2 0.4%
50-B.Reed ATL DL 680 0 0.0% 425 38.3% 255 53.7%
95-J.Babineaux ATL DL 528 0 0.0% 426 38.3% 102 21.5%
93-D.Freeney ATL DL 415 0 0.0% 415 37.4% 0 0.0%
94-T.Jackson ATL DL 396 0 0.0% 329 29.6% 67 14.1%
91-C.Upshaw ATL DL 330 0 0.0% 310 27.9% 20 4.2%
77-R.Hageman ATL DL 296 0 0.0% 265 23.9% 31 6.5%
90-D.Shelby ATL DL 302 0 0.0% 245 22.1% 57 12.0%
98-C.Matthews ATL DL 48 0 0.0% 44 4.0% 4 0.8%
54-M.Goodman ATL DL 34 0 0.0% 27 2.4% 7 1.5%

Ok.  So he only had 265 total defensive snaps, so probably barely hit the limit of 130 pass rush snaps.

As opposed to Donald in that same statistic, who probably had 500 pass rush snaps.

So we're probably talking about 15 pressures on 150 snaps for Hageman, which is an impressive percentage, but is a tiny sample.  As compared to probably 65 pressures on 500 snaps from Donald, which gives you a good sample.

Well, again...hope he can keep it up, and do it with increased reps.  It would only help us.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, vel said:

Because Hageman is an interior rusher, not a 5T. Once they moved him, he found his groove. Not as much thinking, just reacting. Yall will learn one day some players just aren't able to process what some positions require, even if they have the size/athleticism. 

That doesn't explain why he sucked at 3-tech in 2015.

8 hours ago, vel said:

Because Hageman is an interior rusher, not a 5T. Once they moved him, he found his groove. Not as much thinking, just reacting. Yall will learn one day some players just aren't able to process what some positions require, even if they have the size/athleticism. 

Yup...Most folks just don't grasp this simple fact about players.. He played very well once he moved inside. 

1 hour ago, Power I said:

How in the world did he only have 20 more snaps than Shelby? 

Because Quinn kept him as the lowest man on the totem pole in the rotation all year long. But he's finally about to bust out ya'll...In year four.  :rolleyes:

I really hope he does, but I'll believe it when I see it. Poe and Crawford were signed for a reason, and I doubt that reason is because Quinn was amazed by how 'well' Hageman played down the stretch last year.

I hope for the best with Hageman, and I agree that he played well down the stretch last yr.

I have always supported him and I hope he is a beast this year.

However, I agree with RandomFan somewhat on Hageman. The DL rotation is loaded when everyone is healthy. I wouldn't be surprised to see him inactive week 1 like last year. Someone is going to be and probably Upshaw or Hageman like it was last year until injuries.

Of course guys are going to get banged up, and Shelby and Clayborn are coming back from significant injury, but I think he needs to show something during camp in order to get snaps.

Don't get me wrong, I hope he dominates and becomes a big part of the rotation behind Poe and Jarrett. I just know it could go the other direction for him.

Edited by jeffro2000
2 hours ago, RandomFan said:

Because Quinn kept him as the lowest man on the totem pole in the rotation all year long. But he's finally about to bust out ya'll...In year four.  :rolleyes:

I really hope he does, but I'll believe it when I see it. Poe and Crawford were signed for a reason, and I doubt that reason is because Quinn was amazed by how 'well' Hageman played down the stretch last year.

And it's not like you haven't been wrong plenty of times before.....

I'm willing to be proven wrong, but I don't think Hageman has the right natural mentality to be a great NFL player.  That is the only thing that has ever held him back and it will probably continue to do so.  People can change, but to reach the elite level of any profession your base personality needs to align with what you're doing.  I think it's likely that Hageman maxes out as a useful rotational guy.

14 minutes ago, DogIsYourName said:

I'm willing to be proven wrong, but I don't think Hageman has the right natural mentality to be a great NFL player.  That is the only thing that has ever held him back and it will probably continue to do so.  People can change, but to reach the elite level of any profession your base personality needs to align with what you're doing.  I think it's likely that Hageman maxes out as a useful rotational guy.

Hageman has the proper tools to be a regular Solid DT who can wow you with his athleticism at times... but his ability is all tempered by the role he is assigned and his attitude. He's very much like the Hulk...he's most effective it seems when he's just pissed and angry which is contrary to nature of a professional player you got to execute play in control etc but for him the attitude leads to just less effort for whatever reason but when he's seemingly angry that meanness just makes him 2 inches taller and 2X times stronger

Edited by malak07
15 hours ago, RandomFan said:

Player Team Position Total Snaps Off Snaps Off Snap Pct Def Snaps Def Snap Pct ST Snaps ST Snap Pct

**** my boy Grady with that 700 doe

Nice job Hags, congrats man!  Go get some more this year... Then you can stare down some of the posters who will always find a way to minimize your production.  Please remember the dude's background folks.

My favorite post was the one that mentioned that Hags came in extremely raw with very little in the way of refined DT skills. We knew he was a developmental guy with great physical prowess.  I think he's on schedule man.  

We don't want to have to rely on one or two guys along our Dline to do all the work.  When you add Hags to the mix along with Poe, Jarrett, Crawford, Upshaw & Shelby... there is absolutely no forgiveness.  For an Olinemen, you start off at "Oh fk" & rapidly wear down to "I can't keep up".

Not to mention I left out Mister Beasley and our newest, relentless dog McKinley...  My God we may have finally reached those Gritz Blitz days again! 

We need to give Jarrett some snaps off to stay fresh...(that's frightening to some Dlinemen) & Babs snaps will soon be divided up between Crawford, Upshaw & Shelby I would imagine.  Maybe next draft we snag another beast.

7 minutes ago, Jesus said:

Babs was a roadblock to him getting more snaps. With Poe in there to replace Babs  snaps we should see Hageman and Poe get more pressure than Babs and Hageman ever did.

Ridiculous......LOL!!! Nobody was a roadblock to him getting more snaps. His attitude was just jacked up, so he sat on the bench more.

14 minutes ago, Jesus said:

Babs was a roadblock to him getting more snaps. With Poe in there to replace Babs  snaps we should see Hageman and Poe get more pressure than Babs and Hageman ever did.

I'd like to see -generally- Jarrett & Poe on 1st and 2nd downs, and Hageman and Jarrett on 3rd or obvious passing downs. Upshaw to relieve Jarrett as a true backup, rather than pure situational.

11 hours ago, vel said:

This is what DQ is preaching.  Don't think, just play ball...get after the ball, get after the QB.  If Bryant Young can get the same performance (all year) out of Hage that Cox was getting out of him at the end of last season, the guy could be an absolute monster.

3 hours ago, RandomFan said:

So what has Crawford done to warrant this 'reason'. Crawford was brought in because we were thin at DT, especially without Poe being signed at the time. We lost Babs and Jackson. Upshaw was not brought back at the time. We potentially could have lost 3 interior lineman. Also, Clayborn and Shelby coming back from injury. It is more to it than just Hags sucks so lets sign a guy from a Dallas defense that did not produce.

Also, what year did Roddy breakout, year 3?

I think Shede (as well as Vic, Grady) started clicking once we got a real D-Line coach... Freeney.  From the interviews of Vic last year, it sounds like they never developed personalized game plans on how they were going to attack an offensive lineman til Freeney got here.  That just seems crazy.  

Brian Cox wasn't getting the job done (as proved by his firing).  I think Bryant Young will be an upgrade but it would be nice to have Freeney back helping Takk along.

I'm actually predicting a big year from RH.  Reasoning is as follows:

1.  Contract year - He screwed off his first 2 years and was likely on the verge of getting cut last year as he was inactive for a few games.  He came back strong and showed 'some' of his potential.  I think he will continue that to progress to keep the gravy train running.  

2.  Maturity & experience - He now understands what the NFL is about (see point 1 above) and what it takes to be successful.  He has the physical skills and seems to have finally found some inner motivation to allow those skills to be realized in the form of playmaking.  

3.  Strength - This guy has some serious raw strength.  Several times last year I saw him come off the ball and just flat out pancake an NFL starting offensive lineman on his way to the QB.  I watch a lot of football and starting NFL lineman seldom get put on their back.  They may be pushed back a few steps or someone may get around them, but not directly over them.  Like I said, he did it a few times last year and if he can continue to do that... it could be a great thing for our Defense.  

On Monday, May 15, 2017 at 6:54 PM, RandomFan said:

How can Shelby have had more passrush snaps than Shede?  Shelby played what? 4 games (w/ no impact) before going on DL?

that  cannot be right can it?