lju713

If we can get NFCCG play out of Hageman....top 5 D

20 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

We know what Jarrett and Poe bring to the table. After rewatching the Champ game, Hageman **** near was the defensive mvp of that game. He had a sack, a few tfl, and he lived in GB backfield all game. If big Sheed can do that for us atleast 9 games out the season watchout. That kind of play is impossible to replicate every game, but has shown flashes of dominance.Hopefully Coach Bryant Young and our rotation keeps everyone fresh enough, especially Hage

Edited by lju713

Definitely with Clayborn and Shelby coming back with addition to Crawford and Poe. With the improved play of Upshaw and Reed. With the explosiveness of Beasley, Jarrett and McKinley. With a Splash of Garland. Watch out that right there is a worthy front 4 rotation to complement our Shutdown Secondary, plus the speed at linebackers Campbell, Jones and Ish/Riley. Hageman shouldn't have any problems duplicating his playoff performance. Same defense same playbook he has that now he just need to keep finessing his craft.

Tim Mazetti likes this

Posted (edited)

Yeah, it's too early to tell but this group looks like it can be dangerous. No real holes on defense. We've got positioms that need to prove themselves but everyone has a chance to be very good.

Edited by MD-FalconFan13

I hope all the additions and returning players don't keep him inactive or off the field too much. I think he is a player that surprisingly gets better with more reps in a game

This is a big part of why I'm so glad they brought Poe in.  I'm glad that as the Falcons went further and further Hageman played better.  The question is was that an epiphany for his career?  Or was it him playing at a level we could/should have seen much more of by now? 

The changes in coaching might help some in finding out. 

When Quinn took over playcalling on defense, i think he took a more hands on approach with the DL, especially Hage and Jarrett. It showed in the playoffs 

3 minutes ago, lju713 said:

When Quinn took over playcalling on defense, i think he took a more hands on approach with the DL, especially Hage and Jarrett. It showed in the playoffs 

True we ran a lot more stunts towards the end of the season.

But that could be attributed to our defense having more experience at that point as well.

Tim Mazetti likes this

20 minutes ago, falcon057 said:

I wish he had some trade value. Anyone think he does???

I had a 1983 Chevy Chevette that had more trade value. Hageman has substantial ability and came alive during the NFCCG. I hope it was a sign that he is putting inconsistency behind him and becoming the player we want him to be!

14 minutes ago, ShmevinShmarris said:

But that could be attributed to our defense having more experience at that point as well.

Im just glad we have a coach that is all about player development. Hage,Poe,Jarrett,Crawford,and Garland is a nice DT rotation. Not to mention Shelby and Upshaw will play inside too. Watch out

2 hours ago, ShmevinShmarris said:

The entire unit improved collectively. Dan Quinn certainly knew the right buttons to push calling the plays,  but there was a massive growth spurt throughout the defense at that point too.

It all goes hand in hand imo. 

This entire team will be a beast to deal with. I'm glad I root for them and not against them lol. Speed is something you cannot teach and this is a track team on O, D and now Special teams. A lot has to happen especially on the injury front but I could totally see this team beating mid to low range teams 45-17 every week. 

When he comes to play, he plays like a MONSTER.  Have to admit I didn't like the pick or his attitude during Hard Knocks, but he's come a long way.

It makes me wonder if the staff thinks he can take that step since they brought in Poe. Not gonna pay them both this coming off-season 

It makes me wonder if the staff thinks he can take that step since they brought in Poe. Not gonna pay them both this coming off-season 

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, 1989Fan said:

I believe you can never have to many quality players. You always need depth. You can't ask a guy to play all the snaps all season long. DQ subs a lot and players have to step up. I feel, wether we signed Poe or not, Hageman was and is going to get plenty of snaps. It does seem he was one who needed to get playing time to develop. He just has to play balls out all the time. Not just when he feels it! 

Posted on another thread:IMG_4850.JPG.e05768fc026202d7ab645561304

Edited by TexasFalcon4Life
MilleniumFalcon likes this

I'm glad he has improved but I still think he is the weakest link in our line. Before Quinn took over I went on record as calling him Peria Jerry 2.0; flashes of domination but usually wildly inconsistent. Im very happy to be proven wrong so far in the second half of the season.

DogIsYourName likes this