Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ShanghaiDirtyBird

Any predictions about what we do in free agency now?

22 posts in this topic

We going to pick up another linebacker or a swing tackle between now and the regular season opener? I'm sure they'll be combing through cuts looking for buried treasure. Think we might find another Gabriel this year?

Falcon mama likes this

Posted (edited)

The coaching staff may feel we're pretty much set as a roster, unless a great deal falls into their laps, but it will only be for the right situation. LB maybe, like you said, I can see happening.

In terms of this year's version of Gabriel, I believe they're going to give Hardy every opportunity to be that guy. He wants to be a part of what makes this team great, and I think the staff believes in him enough to give him that opportunity. So hopefully we already have that answer on the roster.

We're so young (and talented) at so many different positions that you could see them target veterans at certain positions like TE, OT and LB, just to have more of that presence in the locker room and on the field. Witherspoon may still be an option to return.

The best thing about it is there are no glaring holes or weaknesses. Great problem to have.

Edited by uga_falcons_braves

We have to add a vet OT for backup depth.  That's the only spot we're still lacking depth.  And we are desperately lacking depth there.  If Mathews or Schraeder gets hurt, we're all going to get sick to our stomachs. 

We're good everywhere else.  Even LB.  In fact we're probably going to cut somebody unexpected from the DL, which is pretty over-crowded. 

vitaman, fallc1, AndySG and 1 other like this

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

"There are so many holes on this roster that it will take 2 more years to compete".

Words not posted on afmb during the 2017 off-season 

Among this crowd, that's nothing short of a miracle.

Edited by ShanghaiDirtyBird
Shelley#37 likes this

I think we're set. We've got solid depth at QB, wr, TE, RB, OG, DE, DT, S, CB. Maybe a OT or a vet LB/ST player...but I don't see anymore major moves 

GATXBOI likes this

I agree with those who think that TD will be on the lookout for a swing tackle. Whoever it is will probably come a lot later, though, once players start getting cut. 

Not sure there's anywhere else that I really see a player being signed at the moment. 

5 hours ago, uga_falcons_braves said:

The coaching staff may feel we're pretty much set as a roster, unless a great deal falls into their laps, but it will only be for the right situation. LB maybe, like you said, I can see happening.

In terms of this year's version of Gabriel, I believe they're going to give Hardy every opportunity to be that guy. He wants to be a part of what makes this team great, and I think the staff believes in him enough to give him that opportunity. So hopefully we already have that answer on the roster.

We're so young (and talented) at so many different positions that you could see them target veterans at certain positions like TE, OT and LB, just to have more of that presence in the locker room and on the field. Witherspoon may still be an option to return.

The best thing about it is there are no glaring holes or weaknesses. Great problem to have.

Any thoughts on Fuller? --he is said to be very fast

30 minutes ago, AndySG said:

I agree with those who think that TD will be on the lookout for a swing tackle. Whoever it is will probably come a lot later, though, once players start getting cut. 

Not sure there's anywhere else that I really see a player being signed at the moment. 

last year they went through about 18 player changes during this period (mid may to 1st season game)

ie UDFA rookies coming and going after the initial group was signed

BUT I do know you meant final roster changes

The only position I could see them prioritizing enough to make a move is right guard.  I'm not even sure that'll happen though.  Other than that I don't think they need to be very active other than churning the back end of the roster for camp purposes and due diligence.

Like to give Paul Kruger a look for LB depth; would also like to see Dumervil get a vet minimum offer for 5th pass rusher option...

I think we're done unless some cheap gem (I haven't seen them) pops up and can be had cheap.  I personally trust this staff to find and cultivate the talent they need among the scores of young athletes.

I still don't know why Austin Pasztor wasn't signed anywhere. He'd be an ideal swing tackle, and he can even kick inside to guard if needed.

Guard for sure if the right guy is available. I just dont see a starter on this team. I feel like wes is still going to be raw and so is our rookie

Why do people keep thinking we need to add a Guard? We don't have room for one!

We carry 5 interior OL every year. We already have those 5 in Mack, LeVitre, Schweitzer, Garland, and Harlow...

22 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Let's try and bring in Orlando Franklin now that he has been released by the Chargers

No chance we can afford him.

11 hours ago, Falconcheff said:

Like to give Paul Kruger a look for LB depth; would also like to see Dumervil get a vet minimum offer for 5th pass rusher option...

Shelby Clayborn Reed Vic Takk