J-Nice

Tom Brady covers Madden 18

78 posts in this topic

I dont want any falcons on the cover of madden. Im fine with blowing teams out in the playoffs and regular season. 

The Patriots have been a powerhouse team for a long time. There is nothing wrong with acknowledging that. The Falcons have not been. Nothing wrong with acknowledging that either. We were coming off of 3 straight seasons of non winning season football. We were not supposed to be there, and it took miracle like circumstances for them to come back and win. It's ok...90 plays on offense against our defense will do that. They won, we lost, it was an epic comeback, it is what it is.

the fact is, their window is closing, ours is wide open. The fact that there are patriot fans still here means they know this, and the insecurity they feel is based on an uncertain future. our star is as ascendant as it gets in the NFL, theirs is descending. They want to attack us, to make us feel like crap, because they know soon they won't be able to do that anymore, the same way Saints fans still hang onto their Super Bowl despite the past four years of 7-9 ball. All they will have is history soon, while last year was us spreading our wings and learning to fly.

All this disrespect and attitude towards us will just serve to do one thing-focus us and make us better. Last year, we were not supposed to be there. This year, it is ours, we believe it is ours and god help you if you are in our way. No mercy for anyone, we will smash them on the jagged edge of furious resolve. 

So ignore these trolls, they mean less than nothing. They are nothing. And when the 7th game of the season is over, they will slink away to their festering, oozing holes of their self righteous history, because that's the only solace they will be able to find. They are neither hot nor cold, but lukewarm, and as such we will spit them from our mouth. 

We are coming, and h ell is coming with us.

CraigSmackDaddy and middlegatv like this

2 minutes ago, Pape said:

you need to actually compare the records between the two divisions and you know, maybe base your posts on fact vs opinion. Instead of posting "what you think you know" because its apparent you dont know what you are talking about,. Reality trumps red and black tinted glasses 24/7/365.

What's the reality. Sources please...

7 minutes ago, Pape said:

You say this like its a bad thing.

Montana? Young? Rodgers? Flacco? Roethlisberger? Graham? Manning? Marino? Tarkenton? Kelly? Esiason? etc etc all all the other greats - they all played in a system.

So thanks for taking the time to acknowledge that Brady is indeed, the Best Ever.

Why are you here? 

You say this like its a bad thing.

Montana? Young? Rodgers? Flacco? Roethlisberger? Graham? Manning? Marino? Tarkenton? Kelly? Esiason? etc etc all all the other greats - they all played in a system.

So thanks for taking the time to acknowledge that Brady is indeed, the Best Ever.

I wouldn't say best of all time. Stick Rodgers (still in his prime) or Manning on a team that has NEVER NOT ONCE gone into a super bowl with worse than the 8th ranked defense and you would have the same or better results. That is completely debateaboe subject. You can't point at the QB with the most lombardis and say he was the best of all time. You can't put a QB comparison up with SB wins as the metric in a vacuum.  It's a team sport and BB makes for great all around teams. 

QBs like Ryan, Rodgers and Brees have far less lombardis but play on a level where if it weren't for defensive failures they would have tons more accolades. 

9 minutes ago, Pape said:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2016/index.htm

14 clicks is all it will take, back to 2002 when the divisions were realigned into what they are today. Item of note - you will see two ten+ win teams in the AFCE in 16 and 15 ... have to go back to 2013 to find that in the nfcs. and i would be remiss if i didnt point out 2014 again, when the nfcs was won with a 7-8-1 record.

That's totally ignoring conference parity which the NFC has had more of for ages. The same AFC teams go to the playoffs every year since forever (past 15 years or so) You can't say that for NFC teams. 

are you taking existentially? How very Søren Kierkegaard of to ask .... Guess my only answer is: 42.

That's been proven to be incorrect. 

are you taking existentially? How very Søren Kierkegaard of to ask .... Guess my only answer is: 42.

If you're going to try to speak intellectually, you shouldn't miss words...or misspell them.

1 minute ago, Pape said:

You can only play who you play.  But on the whole, it does not ignore conference parity. The overall record is how we currently judge the strength or weakness of a team. When you speak of the relative strength of the Falcons, do you say well they did great in 2012, they went 13-3, but only 3-3 in the division? or conference? No of course not.

Who is the better team? An 8-8 AFC team or an 8-8 NFC team? Seriously, if you had to put your life savings on one vs the other? Who would it be? Conference and divisions records the same? 

1 minute ago, Pape said:

I cannot answer that question. You do not provide enough information.

That's the info that you get. It has to be one or another. 

1 minute ago, Pape said:

meh, weak sister play right there. you can do better.

edit: or maybe you cant

Not really in the mood to get into an internet clash with you. Just wanted to call out your smart *** response that made you look like a fool. 

In the current NFL, I would choose the afc, regardless.

Not a smart betting man. 

Just now, Pape said:

smart enough to win big 2/5/2017.

You were sh1tting bricks at half time and you know it. Lucky. Not smart. 

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, Pape said:

Me? Nah I am a rock. lol

you are the falcons, not the broncos. or giants.

LMAO at you and your fellow Patriots little bi+ches.

Again, for all the success your teams have had this century, you little pansies sure get BUTTHURT real easy and a whole lot.

And, AGAIN, this is our board. If you don't like our pro-Falcons views on here, then get lost.

We're not going to bow dow and kiss your butt just to make you feel less insecure about your miserable life.

Edited by middlegatv
RoddyWhite84 likes this

4 hours ago, Pape said:

Me? Nah I am a rock. lol

you are the falcons, not the broncos. or giants.

See how frequently you visit other team boards when you're QB retires soon. Your team was terrible for a lifetime before Brady, it'll be terrible after. 

On Friday, May 12, 2017 at 1:10 PM, BCEagleATLFalcon said:

Well, I sort of let it all out on Feb. 7th. I got caught right in the parade traffic with all these wildly happy Pats fans who were celebrating (as far as I'm concerned) OUR trophy and just started bawling in my car. Truly my lowest point as a sports fan, even worse than the actual game. Since then, I've steeled myself and just do my best to block it out.

I truly believe we are on the verge of being an NFL powerhouse the next several years. It eases the sting just a bit. Our next Super Bowl opponent isn't going to be so **** lucky. (And if they are, well, yeah, it's not gonna be pretty. I don't know how diehard Bills fans from the early 90's are still standing.) 

For me looking forward is the only thing that helps. 

2 hours ago, Pape said:

what i find funny about your post is that you actually had to edit it.

lol, son, better go play in your sandbox, the adults are talking.

LMAO at you, you idiot. I added onto the original post.

Now proceed to continue being butthurt.

Yeah I saw it 6 times in a period of 30 seconds on Instagram :rolleyes:

All hail the madden curse 

10 hours ago, Atlfanstckndenver said:

Everybody needs to lose the name calling. 

Can you just ban the guy that's providing zero discussion and just making everyone upset?

On 5/12/2017 at 11:32 AM, BCEagleATLFalcon said:

Great. Another thing with his arrogant face on it.

If I sound bitter, it's because my local grocery store STILL hasn't taken down their display of Super Bowl LI shirts - many of which are the image of Brady either screaming in victory or holding up the Lombardi.

For 3 months, it has taken ALL my self-control not to attack that display when I walk by it. I swear to God if it doesn't come down soon, I'm going to be cited for destruction of property.

giphy.gif

I say TAFT bands together to pay your fine if you do :D

BCEagleATLFalcon likes this

Coincidence or the curse?

Within days of being picked for the cover, Tommy-boy's wife is spilling her guts out about about his concussions the he surely didn't want the NFL to know about.

The curse is just getting started with trouble for Tommy.

I kid and the NFL's investigation may reveal no infractions but I think it's funny that within days of Brady mocking the curse, his wife is unexplainably talking about stuff that SURELY Tommy-boy would have told her not to talk about, almost like she couldn't help herself.