Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

maorifalcon

Daryl Washington - Bring him Home TD

37 posts in this topic

Surprised this hasn't been posted yet. 

I know hes had his problems but of all the guys out there this guy would actually be a perfect fit in our system.

PIty about his PED and off field indecisions but how say you falcons fam. Yay or Nay....Man the offseason is slow :(

Aint a shot in hail. 

I would like to bring in DT Will Sutton tho. He was released by the bears today. Perfect fit for this defense. Was a terrible scheme fit for the Bears 3-4. Cheap af. Dude had some awesome tape as a junior in college. Then he added weight and was meh. Now that is a perfect low cost high reward move. But we really aren't hurting for a D lineman so who knows.

7 minutes ago, Clark Kent™ said:

Aint a shot in hail. 

I would like to bring in DT Will Sutton tho. He was released by the bears today. Perfect fit for this defense. Was a terrible scheme fit for the Bears 3-4. Cheap af. Dude had some awesome tape as a junior in college. Then he added weight and was meh. Now that is a perfect low cost high reward move. But we really aren't hurting for a D lineman so who knows.

Sutton was a poor man's Aaron Donald. He was Hella disruptive coming out.

Just now, maorifalcon said:

Sutton was a poor man's Aaron Donald. He was Hella disruptive coming out.

The year before he came out is when he was beasting, but IIRC he was like 265lbs playing DT. Then he put on weight and his play wasn't nearly as disruptive. But yeah he was definitely a penetrator extraordinaire 

I'm not going to hold my breath for this move, but I do think it could be beneficial to both sides. We give a hungry probowl caliber player a second chance. We bolster our linebacking core if he pans out...and cut ties with him after one year if not. Idk if he fits our system but if anyone can set this beast's head straight is DQ and the brotherhood.

48 minutes ago, Clark Kent™ said:

Aint a shot in hail. 

Sutton isn't a FA tho. He was 3 years in, so he'll hit waivers. It would certainly make the claim worthwhile in that case; guess we'll know within the next 24 hours, depending on if he clears or some other team claims him.

As far as how set Quinn thinks that we are at the position, well, we drafted no DTs, signed zero DT as UDFAs, and only brought in about 4 guys who could play the position to tryout in mini camp. Sooo, yeah, I'd say that Quinn thinks that we're pretty set there, at least for the time being.

41 minutes ago, Clark Kent™ said:

The year before he came out is when he was beasting, but IIRC he was like 265lbs playing DT. Then he put on weight and his play wasn't nearly as disruptive. But yeah he was definitely a penetrator extraordinaire 

Sounds like he'd be better of staying in the DT/DE range and playing both spots for us.

1 minute ago, hjerry said:

Sounds like he'd be better of staying in the DT/DE range and playing both spots for us.

Yeah. I agree that its not likely, but I would definitely be for it. 

9 minutes ago, maorifalcon said:

Taints will

Probably work out about as well as the last veteran LB that they signed too

4 hours ago, maorifalcon said:

Surprised this hasn't been posted yet. 

I know hes had his problems but of all the guys out there this guy would actually be a perfect fit in our system.

PIty about his PED and off field indecisions but how say you falcons fam. Yay or Nay....Man the offseason is slow :(

Is this a Tatupu type situation could well be a low risk high reward type of signing.Just come in and play hard and see what happens.

I really liked this guy when he was coming out.

2 hours ago, Clark Kent™ said:

Aint a shot in hail. 

Arizona State he went south when he bulked up and lost his explosiveness.

1 hour ago, hjerry said:

Saw that the Bears also waived FB Paul Lasike, who I remember a number on here being big fans of.

Add a Kiwi to the mix **** yes I'm good with that.

maorifalcon likes this

OP is a dummy. I dont want that PED head anywhere near our young defense. Plus the guy is 30 and hasn't played since 27...and domestic violence means we won't go anywhere close. 

Ovie_Lover and falconsd56 like this

5 hours ago, Romfal said:

OP is a dummy. I dont want that PED head anywhere near our young defense. Plus the guy is 30 and hasn't played since 27...and domestic violence means we won't go anywhere close. 

Thanks mate...why exactly am I a dummy? I know what his situation is, there is no denying his talent. Bring him in low risk high reward in a scheme where he actually fits. The brotherhood can handle him no worries there...as for Sutton and Lasker they would botherwise be welcome.additions here and both very cheap

1 minute ago, maorifalcon said:

Thanks mate...why exactly am I a dummy? I know what his situation is, there is no denying his talent. Bring him in low risk high reward in a scheme where he actually fits. The brotherhood can handle him no worries there...as for Sutton and Lasker they would botherwise be welcome.additions here and both very cheap

What's the reward? He takes playing time and development away from our young linebackers.

Just now, Yo_Lover said:

What's the reward? He takes playing time and development away from our young linebackers.

A pro bowl LB who can eat with the Dawgs we have. He could take snaps from LaRoy, the snaps wheeler had or worrilow. Not to mention he'd actually have to make the team to take playing time off our youngens.  Our LB corp isn't the deepest. 

Just now, maorifalcon said:

A pro bowl LB who can eat with the Dawgs we have. He could take snaps from LaRoy, the snaps wheeler had or worrilow. Not to mention he'd actually have to make the team to take playing time off our youngens.  Our LB corp isn't the deepest. 

So best case we get a domestic violence offender to be a backup and worst case he doesn't make the team. I don't see the high reward anywhere tbh. He isn't worth it.