BoomGoesTheDynamite

THE SAINTS ANSWER FOR JULIO JONES & MIKE EVENS

120 posts in this topic

49 minutes ago, SamMills51 said:

To go back on topic, it's rather odd how the Saints never addressed their pass rush issues.

Is their FO really that inept at their obvious holes? And then wasting their other 1st rounder on a fuggin OT, that was hilarious.

yeah, I thought the whole Saints offseason was odd.  There is not a team in football more beholden to their aging star as are the Saints - BREES is great and that team can still only win 7 games.  Could the Saints win one game in the NFL without him?

Sorry, I digress.....

Back to Saints draft.  I understand the Lattimore pick as he was supposed to be the best corner.  I still believe th Saints would have been better served to grab Derek Barnett at #11 and swapped #32 back to Patriots for Malcolm Butler.   While I don't believe the Saints have a window to playoffs/SB - it seems obvious they probably think they do - and that window is closing fast as Brees approaches 40.   You pair Cameron Jordan with Derek Barnett and you have some decent D-Ends along with two above average Dtackles in Rankins/Fairley.  Then you have a clear-cut #1 corner that is ready on Day#1 while still having a 2nd rounder to take the player you got in FS Marus Williams.

^^^^that would have been much, much better! thanks to Saints or screwing up the draft.....wait for it......AGAIN!!!!!

hotlanta and SamMills51 like this

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, SamMills51 said:

I already debunked that time and time again. Bene isn't on the team anymore. Bradberry shut Julio down 1v1 the second go around.

I'm beating a dead horse, so I'll stop here.

Bradbury didn't "shut Julio down" at all. Ryan threw a total of 6 incompletions on 33 pass attempts averaging 8.4 yards per pass. The Falcons won 33-16 in a beat down. I think it's more realistic to say that Julio wasn't needed rather than shut down. 

Edited by JD dirtybird21
Vandy and falconidae like this

43 minutes ago, BoomGoesTheDynamite said:

What's your opinion of Alex Anzalone?

Has potential IF healthy, just don't understand how a franchise that claims to be decimated by injuries year in, year out keeps on drafting players with huge health issues coming out of college (Kikaha, Anzalone, Lattimore). 

On top of that, add Anzalone to their offseaon spending of Klien, Teo, Okafor and the somewhat emergence of Robertson and Stupar... Where does that leave former 1st rd pick Anthony? 

Loomis and the Saints have no direction.

I mean if the question is "Who is that guy that just fell down behind Julio/Evans?" I can see it.

I haven't read through all the comments, but I'm willing to bet most people didn't watch the entire video

4 hours ago, SamMills51 said:

Kuechly has been fine since like 3-4 weeks before the season ended. If you're hoping Kuechly gets another najor concussion, you're gonna be very disappointed.

Thomas Davis age is a factor, yes, but he's still playing at a high level.

Shaq Thompson is more than ready to fill in for Thomas Davis if need be, and is still an elite linebacker. PFF's 12th best linebacker as a guy who came in sub packages, and "he's not good".

ezgif.com-crop.gif

Safeties have improved from last year, but from a history standpoint the duo of Kurt Coleman in his 2015 position and Mike Adams (2 time probowler behind the Colts o-line in recent years) at SS is above average. Panthers have historically never had good safeties anyhow.

Our defensive ends are still productive. If you're expecting Julius Peppers to regress a ton, you'll probably be disappointed. Upgrade over Ealy's slot. Addison's emerging as a solid pass rusher that can achieve double digits, Charles Johnson is still productive, and Horton's a run stuffing nightmare. Daeshon Hall will be a solid guy to groom and put in pass rushing situations.

Corners already are solid, don't need to go over that.

Exactly how is our defense about to be mediocre?

I don't hope he does but the chances of him getting another one are very very high. I doubt that was his first one but it was significant. I'm speaking from someone who's had numerous and after the first one (major car accident) it seems like they'd come when the wind blows. Sucks but that's the reality of it. I don't wish harm upon him but his clock is ticking and I think he's smart enough to walk away 

10 hours ago, g-dawg said:

concussions are a different animal altogether.

This is basically what I was saying in an indirect way... That is wasn't as minor of a concussion as it was made out to be by some.

g-dawg likes this

9 hours ago, tl;dr said:

I haven't read through all the comments, but I'm willing to bet most people didn't watch the entire video

I did, and took it with a grain of salt.

i think LSU Dad is hilarious with his Aints commentaries , but he obviously has a biasness for LSU players and dislike for Ohio state. 

Nobody can stop Julio one-one-one, but Lattimore has all the skills and talent to be a future pro bowl corner...but he'll surely take his lumps this year playing for that awful defensive team.  

With that being said, they should have run to the podium and drafted jonathon Allen with that pick. 

13 hours ago, vel said:

Saints are idiots. Took a corner and safety like they will do anything. No pass rush, no defense. HeIl, no LBs. They are all secondary. They're probably hoping Rankins and Fairley wreak enough havoc on the interior and having Cameron Jordan is going to be good enough. 

That's the kind of crap we use to do.

JD dirtybird21 likes this

13 hours ago, Vandy said:

Lattimore will be a Pro Bowl corner in a couple years 

And his health issues were hammys, Not hips.  

Maybe he means hip fluidity?  Panties

Vandy likes this

Posted (edited)

13 hours ago, SamMills51 said:

Kuechly has been fine since like 3-4 weeks before the season ended. If you're hoping Kuechly gets another najor concussion, you're gonna be very disappointed.

No one is hoping he gets another concussion but how in the world can you predict he wont get another?  He barely got touched on the last concussion he sustained and he left the field sobbing.   I think its more likely he gets another concussion than not at this point.  And for the record, I like Luke a lot.  He is the only Panther I like.

Edited by Clark
Vandy likes this

12 hours ago, SamMills51 said:

I already debunked that time and time again. Bene isn't on the team anymore. Bradberry shut Julio down 1v1 the second go around.

Do you really believe this? 

James Bradberry would get pillaged if Matt Ryan and Julio Jones felt like torching him.He would need help and lots of it..just like everyone else does.

Vandy and falconidae like this

24 minutes ago, YoungHeezy said:

Do you really believe this? 

James Bradberry would get pillaged if Matt Ryan and Julio Jones felt like torching him.He would need help and lots of it..just like everyone else does.

He's actually posted that several times this offseason...it was so blatently ignorant I thought he was kidding until I saw him post it again and again... 

Sam's usually a pretty good poster, especially for an opposing panthers fan....but that false narrative is one of the dumber stances I've seen taken around here in a long, long time...which is saying a lot!

falconidae likes this

Posted (edited)

48 minutes ago, Vandy said:

He's actually posted that several times this offseason...it was so blatently ignorant I thought he was kidding until I saw him post it again and again... 

Sam's usually a pretty good poster, especially for an opposing panthers fan....but that false narrative is one of the dumber stances I've seen taken around here in a long, long time...which is saying a lot!

The problem with Sam is that he sensationalizes every thing the Panthers do while completely downplaying anything the Falcons do.  To pump up the signing of Peppers and completely downplay the signing of Poe is just one small example. I get it, he's a Panthers fan, but if he's going to come into enemy territory, at least be objective. Another thing that drives me crazy about the guy is the redundant use of the corny phrases like "If you think _____, you wont be that lucky" or "If you think ______, you're in for a surprise" or "....youre going to be disappointed."   I mean, get that weak crap out of here.  Ive been pretty hard on Sam since he joined TATF, but he is in a Falcons board as a Panthers fan.  He deserves it.

Edited by Clark
Vandy likes this

13 hours ago, SamMills51 said:

No he didn't. There wasn't a single instance Bradberry was 1v1 with Julio. He had like 2 safeties over the top and a DE dropping underneath every snap lmfao 

falconidae likes this

No one is stopping Julio and Evans. The only guy I saw hold his own vs Julio was Xavier Rhodes. 

Lattimore is going to be a great player, y'all don't have to down him because he is with the aints. 

Scott1988 and Vandy like this

33 minutes ago, Clark said:

The problem with Sam is that he sensationalizes every thing the Panthers do while completely downplaying anything the Falcons do.  To pump up the signing of Peppers and completely downplay the signing of Poe is just one small example. I get it, he's a Panthers fan, but if he's going to come into enemy territory, at least be objective. Another thing that drives me crazy about the guy is the redundant use of the corny phrases like "If you think _____, you wont be that lucky" or "If you think ______, you're in for a surprise" or "....youre going to be disappointed."   I mean, get that weak crap out of here.  Ive been pretty hard on Sam since he joined TATF, but he is in a Falcons board as a Panthers fan.  He deserves it.

LOL Clark....not sure why he comes here for his daily beating, a glutton for punishment I guess!

15 hours ago, SamMills51 said:

I said he'll give Remmers production. Did I ever say Remmers production was a good thing?

You have to understand Remmers production is not a compliment, and will mean we lost out on the grab.

The wording where I say "his ceiling is a solid surprise pick" is the hopeful part. I didn't expect to have to word the rest in any way to make that anymore clearer.

And Peppers had 7.5 sacks as an OLB for Green Bay. He will be back in an easier position as a DE. Kony Ealy on the field was a downgrade. You do realize our pass rush was better when Ealy got less snaps, right?

Dwight Freeney had 8 sacks a a rushing linebacker for the cardinals before last season.  As a D-end he got 3 sacks for us.

@Clark Never did I try and downplay Poe that much. I already said the prospect of him being a Lotulelei version on your team is pretty scary, as I believe he'll be that guy who stuffs the line to free up your other pass rushers.

As far as Bradberry, I'm just saying the facts. You will not see Julio Jones ever have that 300+ yard insane game ever again on our secondary, and I'd be surprised if he hits 200. 

I'm not saying that Julio Jones will never go 100 yards against us, because he will for sure. I'm just saying you're really discrediting our secondary over guys that aren't on the team anymore, and we did pretty well the second go around.

56 minutes ago, Falcanuck said:

No he didn't. There wasn't a single instance Bradberry was 1v1 with Julio. He had like 2 safeties over the top and a DE dropping underneath every snap lmfao 

He only lined up against Julio 5 times I believe...with one completion and 2 pass interference calls

5 minutes ago, SamMills51 said:

@Clark Never did I try and downplay Poe that much. I already said the prospect of him being a Lotulelei version on your team is pretty scary, as I believe he'll be that guy who stuffs the line to free up your other pass rushers.

As far as Bradberry, I'm just saying the facts. You will not see Julio Jones ever have that 300+ yard insane game ever again on our secondary, and I'd be surprised if he hits 200. 

I'm not saying that Julio Jones will never go 100 yards against us, because he will for sure. I'm just saying you're really discrediting our secondary over guys that aren't on the team anymore, and we did pretty well the second go around.

They deserve being discredited. The true "facts" are Matt passed for almost 800 yards and 6 TDs with a 130+ QB rating in last year's two blow out wins against panthers....

hotlanta and falconsrus like this