Saints' C Unger out indefinitely after foot surgery

hjerry

5224.jpg

Saints C Max Unger underwent foot surgery this past weekend and remains questionable for the start of the season.

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport called Unger doubtful for Week 1, but Saints beat writers say it's too early to make that claim. Unger dealt with a foot issue last season and finally needed surgery to fix it. The Saints may explore outside options to replace Unger at the pivot. The Eagles have dangled C Jason Kelce in trade talks before.
May 8 - 11:42 AM

9 minutes ago, Macknsweetjones said:

Meh **** em...only hope our team stay healthy everyone else can eat **** for all I care. Endured too many 28-3 jokes these past months.

Just sayin'. Saints fans were probably joking about Mack's injury in the SB and karma's getting them now.

(reminds me, I gotta find that NOLA voodoo woman and take her out...)

1 minute ago, octoslash said:

Sorry to hear it.  That's too bad.  It's more fun beating them when they have no excuses.

I don't wish injury on anyone either, especially one that will adversely effect the long term quality of life. But at least Unger's injury is just a foot injury and hopefully will have no enduring effects post career.

And as far as excuses, the Saints nation can always come up with them when they lose to the Falcons.

Just now, Doctor Kildare said:

I don't wish injury on anyone either, especially one that will adversely effect the long term quality of life. But at least Unger's injury is just a foot injury and hopefully will have no enduring effects post career.

And as far as excuses, the Saints nation can always come up with them when they lose to the Falcons.

Good point.

1 hour ago, Statick said:

Just sayin'. Saints fans were probably joking about Mack's injury in the SB and karma's getting them now.

i didn't even know Mack got injured in the SB

1 hour ago, Statick said:

That's likely true of some of that bunch.  Still, I can't ever celebrate an injury even when it happens to a hated rival b/c I hate when it happens to us.  

8 minutes ago, brewman said:

Enjoying the news is just a matter of playing mental games with yourself.   Revel in the Saint's misfortune without enjoying a player's injury (as long as the player isn't a d-bag).

This is pretty much my philosophy, too.  It's unfortunate that a bad thing happened to a person, but I enjoy that a bad thing happened to the Saints.

The only time I enjoy a bad thing happening to a person is when they have it coming to them.  It's not a lot of people who make that list for me, but Richard Sherman and Cam Newton are at the top of it.  

2 hours ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

I do not wish injuries on any play or for any team, even if it is the saints.  

No one wished injury on him, ya dip. He's already injured! We didn't do anything to him!

Now, if you had said you won't celebrate an injury.. well, that's different. And I'm guilty as charged on that front. I'll bring the balloons when it happens to Brees.

48 minutes ago, King Jigsaw said:

No one wished injury on him, ya dip. He's already injured! We didn't do anything to him!

Now, if you had said you won't celebrate an injury.. well, that's different. And I'm guilty as charged on that front. I'll bring the balloons when it happens to Brees.

You're right contextually speaking, but I preface saying that because we've actually had some people wish injuries on some of our most hated rivals.