4 minutes ago, Drunken Minotaur Zebra said:

I really like this kid.

He plays past the whistle, pancakes people, is aggressive as all ****... There's a bunch of plays there where everyone else gives up but 77 has some dude on the ground making a flatcake out of him. 

What's great is when he pancakes some dude, and then proceeds to keep trying to shove him further into the ground.  Like, "I didn't smash you enough, here's some more.  Oh what's that?  The whistle?  Well here's an elbow and knee for good measure.  Oh, and sorry, but not really sorry, for just putting my entire body weight on you to push myself up.  How's the grass taste?"

The guy has a nastiness we could use on our OL.

59 minutes ago, Tim Mazetti said:

Why do you think that?

34 minutes ago, Cheap Talk said:

I think he might be right about the left side and Chester (2016), not Mack and Schraeder.

By toughness I mean that Harvey Dahl mentality.  Our line was more than solid last year, but physicality is something I feel it lacked.

13 hours ago, BIRDLAND 2.0 said:

Preach it! I get tired of scouts/analysts/et cetera. Unless a scout has spent a career playing ball, I could care a less. It's like a principal with less than 10-5 years experience managing teachers: What does this administrator know? 

at 0:44 in, he blocks one guy out of the play, slides inside and proceeds to pancake another guy.....yeah, this guy has some big time nasty to him in run blocking.

13 hours ago, Beef said:

All I know is I've watched a heck of a lot of game film over the years, and dozens upon dozens of OL's, and Harlow's video below where he's repeatedly pancaking and tossing around defenders like rag dolls and playing through the whistle for 11 freaking minutes and about 100 snaps is one of the most impressive OL film reels I've ever seen.

I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that he's a starting OG for us by end of 2018, or sooner.

Love Harlow, but I think he was selected to be LEvitre's eventual replacement. Does so much better on the left side of hte line than the right.

1 minute ago, Scott Carasik said:

Love Harlow, but I think he was selected to be LEvitre's eventual replacement. Does so much better on the left side of hte line than the right.

saw Harlow playing LT and RT in this vid - so probably would be able to do the same at the guard position.  I don't think he is pigeon-holed at all.

4 hours ago, Cheap Talk said:

Sam Baker had +/- 33 1/2" arms, not T-Rex arms by definition. Sean Harlow has some of the shortest arms we have ever drafted. Schweitzer also has T-Rex arms (+/- 32 3/4"). I like them both very much, and if that is why they were available, and fell to us in the later rounds, then so be it.

There were multiple threads about Baker's tiny arms when he was drafted. Somebody even Photoshopped his face on a T-Rex to poke fun at all of the people nitpicking about it. Fun times.

1 hour ago, Kayoh said:

why is this even a thing, arm length for guards isn't really an issue, the arm length thing is for tackles

Fans say it is a 'thing', so it is a 'thing'. The main reason for posting the link/analysis is to show that it is not that important for the interior-line positions, just like you say.

However, I would like to see how he does against Takk in practice, and those 35" limbs. 

1 minute ago, Cheap Talk said:

Fans say it is a 'thing', so it is a 'thing'. The main reason for posting the link/analysis is to show that it is not that important for the interior-line positions, just like you say.

However, I would like to see how he does against Takk in practice, and those 35" limbs. 

he's never going to go against takk in practice, he's a guard and takk is a DE

also, please provide proof that any fans of any team think that 32" arms are a problem for an interior offensive lineman, I have a legitimately difficult time believing that people even care about arm length for interior guys

4 minutes ago, Kayoh said:

also, please provide proof that any fans of any team think that 32" arms are a problem for an interior offensive lineman, I have a legitimately difficult time believing that people even care about arm length for interior guys

My god! Proof of this, proof of that, what is it with some of the people on here? You would think this place is full of just graduated attorneys.

Joe Mahoney was a writer for the Broncos and SBNation back in 2015, when this article was written. It took a lot of time to put this article/analysis together, and I think it is safe to say he spent the time doing so because of fans who cared. His reasoning for the research, "In recent years a great deal of scrutiny has been leveled at the arm length of offensive linemen. Can you be a successful offensive lineman with "T-Rex" arms?". He did not stop at Ts, he is including all OL, and explains why it is sometimes a benefit to have long arms at any OL position. Read the article, then you will know. There have been posts started here by fans with a concern about Harlow. We are up to two fans now, and I was on the border before reading the article, so that is 2 1/2.

Now I know what **** is, arguing with some of the people on this Board for eternity! 

17 hours ago, Beef said:

All I know is I've watched a heck of a lot of game film over the years, and dozens upon dozens of OL's, and Harlow's video below where he's repeatedly pancaking and tossing around defenders like rag dolls and playing through the whistle for 11 freaking minutes and about 100 snaps is one of the most impressive OL film reels I've ever seen.

I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that he's a starting OG for us by end of 2018, or sooner.

6:39 - looking good!

I hope Harlow succeeds but if he fails his short-ish arms are going to be the smallest part of that puzzle. Typically you want OL in a zone blocking scheme to run a sub-4.8 short shuttle and a sub-7.7 3 cone, and Harlow fails both of those thresholds. There's a lot working against the dude. Same goes for Schweitzer though so the RG spot is just a huge question mark in my mind.

2 hours ago, Cheap Talk said:

My god! Proof of this, proof of that, what is it with some of the people on here? You would think this place is full of just graduated attorneys.

Joe Mahoney was a writer for the Broncos and SBNation back in 2015, when this article was written. It took a lot of time to put this article/analysis together, and I think it is safe to say he spent the time doing so because of fans who cared. His reasoning for the research, "In recent years a great deal of scrutiny has been leveled at the arm length of offensive linemen. Can you be a successful offensive lineman with "T-Rex" arms?". He did not stop at Ts, he is including all OL, and explains why it is sometimes a benefit to have long arms at any OL position. Read the article, then you will know. There have been posts started here by fans with a concern about Harlow. We are up to two fans now, and I was on the border before reading the article, so that is 2 1/2.

Now I know what **** is, arguing with some of the people on this Board for eternity! 

Just to point out...   grouping all OL positions into an analysis centered on "arm length" correlating that to performance success is just silly.  OT should be one group; C/G should have its own group. 

56 minutes ago, m2Falcons said:

Just to point out...   grouping all OL positions into an analysis centered on "arm length" correlating that to performance success is just silly.  OT should be one group; C/G should have its own group. 

I definitely agree, and do not understand why that was done, even though the writer did know the distinctions. Thought about separating them myself, just for my own curiosity. But, you copied me on a response to a post that made the assumption that no one cares about OG's arm length. Some scouts/fans may consider it less important than others, but is it still a consideration, and important to some.

15 hours ago, Kayoh said:

Some obviously do here, in their own weird way....lighten up...