Sean has 32'' arms, some of the shortest drafted by the Falcons in recent memory. Usually players that played OT in college, with arm lengths under 33" have to convert to the guard/center position, as will be the case with Harlow. Is his NFL career done before he gets started, because of his arm length? This lengthy article will shed some light on that:

http://www.milehighreport.com/2015/4/9/8353255/broncos-2015-draft-arm-length-and-the-offensive-line

This is long analysis on arm length and success in the NFL, so here is a paragraph on some the conclusions or non-conclusions, that Joe Mahoney comes to in his analysis,

"Of the 40 long-armed players from the past 5 combines, 14 of the above players have gone on to be NFL starters (35%). Interestingly this is only a little better than the success rate of short armed players (12/42 = 29%). So the numbers lead us to the conclusion that most of you probably had before you started reading this article; arm length is an asset, but many other factors go into the success of an NFL offensive lineman (strength, flexibility, balance, quickness, intelligence, work-ethic and tenacity)."

In essence Sean Harlow as an NFL tackle might have significant challenges to overcome, but as an OG/OC he has every opportunity to be successful, which is where the Falcons plan on him playing. I like him, and believe he has some intangibles that will make him an excellent pick-up for the Falcons.

Edited by Cheap Talk

All I know is I've watched a heck of a lot of game film over the years, and dozens upon dozens of OL's, and Harlow's video below where he's repeatedly pancaking and tossing around defenders like rag dolls and playing through the whistle for 11 freaking minutes and about 100 snaps is one of the most impressive OL film reels I've ever seen.

I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that he's a starting OG for us by end of 2018, or sooner.

Simple: RG. He played in the PAC 12. He knows about pro-style offenses. He can move to G and dominate. I'll take his Nasty demeanor over every other G prospect . Mental toughness makes up for minor physical deficits, e.g. nation's best collegiate runner of all time Steve Prefontaine had one leg shorter than other. Some of you say, it's not football. The point is the kid did very well as a LT finishing blocks, pancake DE/DTs and throwing D lineman and LB out of the way. I would easily take this guy over Lamp. Another journalist focusing on a minor stat. If I was a Draft prospect I would pay no attention to journalists/analysts and even scouts. 

6 minutes ago, Beef said:

All I know is I've watched a heck of a lot of game film over the years, and dozens upon dozens of OL's, and Harlow's video below where he's repeatedly pancaking and tossing around defenders like rag dolls and playing through the whistle for 11 freaking minutes and about 100 snaps is one of the most impressive OL film reels I've ever seen.

I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that he's a starting OG for us by end of 2018, or sooner.

Preach it! I get tired of scouts/analysts/et cetera. Unless a scout has spent a career playing ball, I could care a less. It's like a principal with less than 10-5 years experience managing teachers: What does this administrator know? 

He's very versatile and he's technically very good. He can play tackle in a pinch, he's just not an NFL starting left tackle. The OL is about team movement and football IQ. Anyone who plays RG plays with Mack in his helmet. That can't be said enough. There is NO way DQ doesn't ask Mack as time goes on what he thinks. I think he was very much a pick for our division which requires him to be quicker than avg and tough after getting beat. Rookie OL are tough to evaluate because they are so physically immature.

in the video ....probably 75% of the time the defender he blocked ended up on the ground... the others were stone walled or pushed 10 yards down field... im sure if you look you can find tape of him getting beat by speed, but he wont have to worry about that on the interior ...

1 hour ago, Cole World said:

The good thing about the developmental program we have is it allows players, especially OL time to develop. It's no need to rush him into a starting role.

I agree there's no need to rush him into a starting role but you know DQ likes competition so if he turns out to be our best option then he'll definitely be starting. As we all know DQ is not afraid to throw a rookie in a starting role if it's what's best for the team.

8 hours ago, JayOzOne said:

So, we drafted Sam Baker, Jr.? Hope he can at least stay healthy.

Sam Baker had +/- 33 1/2" arms, not T-Rex arms by definition. Sean Harlow has some of the shortest arms we have ever drafted. Schweitzer also has T-Rex arms (+/- 32 3/4"). I like them both very much, and if that is why they were available, and fell to us in the later rounds, then so be it.

10 hours ago, Beef said:

I really like this kid.

He plays past the whistle, pancakes people, is aggressive as all ****... There's a bunch of plays there where everyone else gives up but 77 has some dude on the ground making a flatcake out of him.