Carter

Spring/Summer 2017 UGA Recruiting Thread

1,181 posts in this topic

This may have been stated previously, but what are the Quarterback plan B options? I mean if Fields doesn't commit to Georgia that seems to almost be catastrophe. History says no school signs that many 5* QBs in a row.

35 minutes ago, GAbred said:

This may have been stated previously, but what are the Quarterback plan B options? I mean if Fields doesn't commit to Georgia that seems to almost be catastrophe. History says no school signs that many 5* QBs in a row.

Then we're just gonna have to make history.

51 minutes ago, GAbred said:

I think it's pretty much Fields or bust.  We have talent at the QB position, so it's not do or die.  So glad Ramsey came back this year to provide some depth.  It sounds like from the latest from Field's dad that Smart continues to go no holds barred in recruiting Fields.  We are definitely right in the thick of it.  My honest opinion is that it's going to come down to what our product is on the field.  I think more than anything everyone wants to see if Kirby can instill that killer instinct into the team.  

fibonaccisquared likes this

6 hours ago, richham said:

I think it's pretty much Fields or bust.  We have talent at the QB position, so it's not do or die.  So glad Ramsey came back this year to provide some depth.  It sounds like from the latest from Field's dad that Smart continues to go no holds barred in recruiting Fields.  We are definitely right in the thick of it.  My honest opinion is that it's going to come down to what our product is on the field.  I think more than anything everyone wants to see if Kirby can instill that killer instinct into the team.  

I agree with this.  Chaney has got to show something this season that is VASTLY superior to what we saw last.  And that's not just for the sake of recruiting Fields but for the sake of the program.  

LawDawg likes this

2 hours ago, frankly88 said:

I agree with this.  Chaney has got to show something this season that is VASTLY superior to what we saw last.  And that's not just for the sake of recruiting Fields but for the sake of the program.  

If Chaney does not show by mid season.....I'd let him go. No need to keep pushing the same button expecting different results.