Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ShanghaiDirtyBird

How many years do you think DQ will coach our Falcons?

52 posts in this topic

I ask because only 8 current NFL coaches have been with their team for at least 7 seasons. Just FYI: 6 have won at least one Super Bowl (Tomlin, Bellicheck, McCarthy, Harbaugh, Carroll, and the evil Sean Peyton). Two have not (Jason Garrett and Marvin Lewis). Average tenure of an NFL head coach is pretty short. But I don't see what's going to derail this juggernaut. How many NFL coaches actually leave totally on their own accord (retire instead of being fired or pushed out)? I don't really see DQ ever leaving on his own to coach another team. So how and when do you think his tenure here will end?

1 minute ago, Statick said:

15+

I think only Bellicheck and Marvin Lewis (interestingly) have coached their teams for at least fifteen years. I wonder how many Super Bowls we will win if your prediction came true. Bellicheck will eventually retire or die. The League is definitely more competitive than say the NBA or college football, but I think if Quinn coaches 15 years we will have at least 3 rings, probably more.

7 minutes ago, ShanghaiDirtyBird said:

I ask because only 8 current NFL coaches have been with their team for at least 7 seasons. Just FYI: 6 have won at least one Super Bowl (Tomlin, Bellicheck, McCarthy, Harbaugh, Carroll, and the evil Sean Peyton). Two have not (Jason Garrett and Marvin Lewis). Average tenure of an NFL head coach is pretty short. But I don't see what's going to derail this juggernaut. How many NFL coaches actually leave totally on their own accord (retire instead of being fired or pushed out)? I don't really see DQ ever leaving on his own to coach another team. So how and when do you think his tenure here will end?

Hopefully till he dies...

Don't understand how Marvin Lewis is still the Bengals HC after all these years without a playoff win to show for it.

If 2016 season was any indication on the potential future, Quinn will be here for a long d@mn time. I hope he becomes a staple in the franchise like how Lombardi was for the Pack, Noll was for the Steelers, Gibbs was for the Skins, Walsh was for the Niners, or Belichick is for the Pats.

22 minutes ago, ShanghaiDirtyBird said:

I think only Bellicheck and Marvin Lewis (interestingly) have coached their teams for at least fifteen years. I wonder how many Super Bowls we will win if your prediction came true. Bellicheck will eventually retire or die. The League is definitely more competitive than say the NBA or college football, but I think if Quinn coaches 15 years we will have at least 3 rings, probably more.

Lol!!

Sign him up for a lifetime deal. He has done an amazing job. He gave us an identity and on top of that he brought the city together! I can't wait to celebrate a Super Bowl here.

LordJulio likes this

56 minutes ago, ShanghaiDirtyBird said:

I feel kind of bad but this made me laugh. 

Edit:I see that @Hard2BaBirdWachr gets my sense of humor now.

If he can improve in game strategy, and make sure he can keep good OC's around, he should be around a long time.

Very good sense for roster and types on defense.

I've mentioned a time or two that I'm not as sold on Quinn as the rest of Falcon nation seems to be. It is all about style preference. With high energy player's coach's, there tends to be a lot of wave riding. When things are going good, excitement builds and things steamroll along. However, when things start going wrong, it tends to keep rolling along gaining steam in that direction as well.  5-0 vs. 3-8 (2015). 28-3 vs. 0-31 (Superbowl). 

That said, I'm getting more comfortable with Quinn every day. My uneasiness with his style is overshadowed by how much I love his team first approach the and culture of brotherhood that he is building. 

I think he will be around at least five years just based on the talent he has assembled and how well he has coached it up. The team is managing the cap well. The roster is in a good place and the coach and FO are on the same page. That alone is enough to keep him around 3-5 more years.  That said, I do want to see this team become more consistent and less flashy (flashes good, flashes bad) over time. If that happens, he may be here for over a decade. It will get to the point where good player are just going to want to come play for him. 

CellarBoor likes this

Hopefully long enough that his name will be equal or greater than coaches like Gibbs Parcels and a few others. I want this team to have an era where no one wants to play us and we are always in the post season. So, let's do it now before Matt misses it. 

Drew4719 and Kung-Pow like this

Idk how y'all can say decades. You realize he'll be looking for a QB at some point and they aren't easy to find.

jrydun likes this

5 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

Idk how y'all can say decades. You realize he'll be looking for a QB at some point and they aren't easy to find.

So? Are you saying he's getting canned whenever Matt retires?

18 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

Green Bay went from Favre to Rodgers, Indianapolis from Peyton to Luck... hopefully when Matt hangs it up Atlanta can be in a similar situation and find a star at QB.

15 minutes ago, MilleniumFalcon said:

Green Bay went from Favre to Rodgers, Indianapolis from Peyton to Luck... hopefully when Matt hangs it up Atlanta can be in a similar situation and find a star at QB.

You named two situations out of how many?

29 minutes ago, Lornoth said:

So? Are you saying he's getting canned whenever Matt retires?

I'm saying without a QB the record will be trash and then Quinn will get canned.

1 minute ago, Yo_Lover said:

You named two situations out of how many?

Delhomme to Cam Newton, Warner to Palmer, Bledsoe to Brady, Montana to Young. Quarterbacks don't grow on trees but it's not impossible.

Just now, MilleniumFalcon said:

Delhomme to Cam Newton, Warner to Palmer, Bledsoe to Brady, Montana to Young. Quarterbacks don't grow on trees but it's not impossible.

So the Cardinals went straight from Warner to Palmer? Same for Panthers? 

Possible yes.

likely no.