The yin/yang of Takk and Beasley

If there was any criticism of Beasley coming out it was that perhaps he needed to play with a little more urgency and anger. If you read the great article about him from several months back talking about his personal life, even his father told him this before he passed away. It seems Vic is just one of those happy go lucky guys that just smiles his way right through life despite the obstacles. Maybe not the exact mentality you want in a DE, but you can't argue with the results so far.

Contrast this with the fiery, edgy Takk, who seemed pi$$ed off even on what was probably the happiest day of his life. He could hardly be more different, personality wise, from Vic. I'm not sure if DQ or Dimi was thinking about this before we made the trade up for Takk, but these two guys should balance each other out perfectly. Yin/Yang, or Fire and Ice. Maybe we have the start of a nickname here.

I'm REALLY looking forward to watching our defense this season.

Vic and Takk - QuarterbackBusters

Though honestly, I don't expect Takk to bust through too much this year considering:

1.Rookie 

2. Coming off surgery

Beasley had the same growing pains so I expect Takk to go through the same learning curve. However, with veterans like Clayborn and Reed filling in at certain times, and Takk's relentless ability and desire to be better, I think his transition to an NFL caliber DE will go better then usual. IMO

42 minutes ago, BoomGoesTheDynamite said:

Though honestly, I don't expect Takk to bust through too much this year considering:

1.Rookie 

2. Coming off surgery

Beasley had the same growing pains so I expect Takk to go through the same learning curve. However, with veterans like Clayborn and Reed filling in at certain times, and Takk's relentless ability and desire to be better, I think his transition to an NFL caliber DE will go better then usual. IMO

Vic also didn't have anyone on the opposite end of him...Takk has Vic I expect more sacks in Takk rookie year than Vics rookie year 

On 5/1/2017 at 7:15 AM, since68andcounting said:

If there was any criticism of Beasley coming out it was that perhaps he needed to play with a little more urgency and anger. If you read the great article about him from several months back talking about his personal life, even his father told him this before he passed away. It seems Vic is just one of those happy go lucky guys that just smiles his way right through life despite the obstacles. Maybe not the exact mentality you want in a DE, but you can't argue with the results so far.

Contrast this with the fiery, edgy Takk, who seemed pi$$ed off even on what was probably the happiest day of his life. He could hardly be more different, personality wise, from Vic. I'm not sure if DQ or Dimi was thinking about this before we made the trade up for Takk, but these two guys should balance each other out perfectly. Yin/Yang, or Fire and Ice. Maybe we have the start of a nickname here.

I'm REALLY looking forward to watching our defense this season.

Dont forget Crawford , Jarett & Clayborn.....Takk still needs time.

On 5/1/2017 at 11:14 AM, BoomGoesTheDynamite said:

1.Rookie 

2. Coming off surgery

I don't know. Joey Bosa didn't do too bad I'm his rookie year.