Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
blkbigdog35

Hawks Off Season Thread

375 posts in this topic

Biggest Offseason Priorities and Targets for Atlanta Hawks

Josh Martin

Bleacher Report | April 30, 2017

For six games, the Atlanta Hawks gave the Washington Wizards all they could handle. A seventh wasn't in the cards for this crew, as Atlanta's 115-99 home loss Friday made all too clear.

The defeat ends a 2016-17 campaign that, while successful in extending the Hawks' playoff streak to an even decade, represented a second sizable step back in as many seasons. Since a landmark 2014-15 campaign, during which the team won a franchise-record 60 regular-season games and cracked the Eastern Conference Finals, Atlanta has slipped to 48 wins and a second-round ouster in 2015-16 and 43 wins without a postseason series victory this time around.

The Hawks could be in for another step down the NBA's ladder in the months to come. Dennis Schroder's role atop Atlanta's pecking order, with Dwight Howard as his pick-and-roll partner, may be the only certainty down south. The futures of Paul Millsap and Tim Hardaway Jr. will be chief among those hanging in the balance this offseason.

How the Hawks handle their big decisions, detailed here, will determine whether they extend their postseason run or embark on a rebuild in 2017-18.

To Pay or Not to Pay Paul Millsap

1 of 5

John Bazemore/Associated Press

Paul Millsap is the latest in a line of Hawks stars on whom the franchise has seemed to waffle. Last summer, there was some scuttle, per ESPN's Zach Lowe, about Millsap's being on the block before and after Al Horford left Atlanta for Boston. This past January, Marc Stein, then with ESPN, laid out what the Hawks wanted in return for their All-Star forward, following a flurry of concurrent activity in the rumor mill and on ESPN's trade machine.

Through it all, one thing has held true: Millsap is Atlanta's best player. His spectacular play inside the arc on offense (24.3 points on 50.5 percent shooting, 9.3 rebounds, 4.3 assists per game) and versatile defense against the Washington Wizards in these playoffs merely confirmed this distinction for the 9,375th time.

That still might not be enough to convince the Hawks that paying the piper in Millsap's situation is the best way to go. According to calculations from Peachtree Hoops, he'll be eligible to sign a max contract this summer worth upward of $207 million over five years with Atlanta, or for approximately $154 million over four years anywhere else.

Would the Hawks want to hitch their wagon to a 32-year-old power forward who's no better than passable as a perimeter shooter? To what extent might the team's cascading playoff exits—from conference finals in 2015 to conference semis in 2016 to the opening round this year—fuel any potential reluctance?

Then again, Millsap's never been particularly reliant on his athleticism, so his game should age well. And after losing two longtime franchise stalwarts last summer, in Horford and Jeff Teague, can Atlanta realistically afford to lose a third without jeopardizing its decadelong playoff streak?     

Tim Hardaway Jr.'s Restricted Free Agency

2 of 5

Nick Wass/Associated Press

All it took was the specter of a contract year for Tim Hardaway Jr. to come of age in the NBA. Even then, his role in Atlanta seemed to shift with the wind.

During the first half of the season, he started just six times in his first 39 appearances—including a string of five straight in December—despite dropping 20 or more points off the bench seven times over that same span. He went on to log 24 starts over his final 40 games, including 12 straight to end his regular season.

All told, the son of former All-Star Tim Hardaway distinguished himself as the promising perimeter talent he seemed to be when he entered the Association in 2013. During the 2016-17 campaign, he posted career highs in points (14.5), assists (2.3) and field-goal percentage (.455), and followed that with 12.8 points on 32.9 percent shooting with 1.2 assists per game in the playoffs.

At 25, the University of Michigan product might just be coming into his own as a pro. In a league where quality shooting guards are increasingly hard to come by, as Bleacher Report's Howard Beck mentioned in his latest masterpiece, a player of Hardaway Jr.'s profile and pedigree stands to make a pretty penny in restricted free agency this summer.   

The Hawks will have the right to match any offer sheet that lands on Hardaway Jr.'s doorstep, assuming the team first extends a qualifying offer his way. After Atlanta's inartful handling of Jeff Teague's restricted free agency in 2013, the team would do well to tread carefully with how it handles its latest entrant into the less-than-open market.      

John Bazemore/Associated Press

With or without Tim Hardaway Jr., the Hawks will have at least one conundrum to consider on the wing.

Last summer, Atlanta rewarded Kent Bazemore with a four-year, $70 million deal. Since then, the former beloved Warriors benchwarmer has lost his starting gig to Taurean Prince. The rookie out of Baylor averaged 11.4 points and 3.9 rebounds over the final 10 games of the regular season and continued that with 11.2 points and 5.3 rebounds per playoff contest.

In some respects, Bazemore makes more sense as a sub. His frenetic energy can change the complexion of the game, particularly on the defensive end, when he's thrown into the flow as a member of the Hawks' second unit.

But at what cost? Bazemore will make just over $16.9 million next season and just under $18.1 million in 2018-19, with a player option for approximately $19.3 million in 2019-20.

With so many other expenses on the docket, and another young swingman (DeAndre' Bembry) waiting in the wings, Atlanta might have to consider whether it's wise to keep so much of its cap space tied up in Bazemore, especially with Hardaway Jr. due for a raise.

For the Hawks, it's a good problem to have. Two-way wings are in tremendous demand around the NBA, so Bazemore should have ample value if Atlanta decides to move him.

More importantly, Prince—whom the Hawks acquired in a three-way trade that sent Jeff Teague to Indiana last summer—has emerged as the kind of quality player who's created such a surplus in the Peach State.    

Dwight Howard had a sneaky-good first season with his hometown Hawks. He shot a personal-best 63.3 percent from the field, snagged a career-high 15.4 rebounds per 36 minutes and helped Atlanta make the leap from a bottom-three rebounding team to the top half on the glass.

Howard's work around the rim was everything the Hawks could've hoped for during the regular season. He had his moments of dominance up front in the playoffs, as well.

But the Wizards also exposed Howard for the aging basketball antique he's become. The former All-Star played sparingly during fourth quarters against Washington, in large part because he didn't (and doesn't) fit the pace and space that are critical to success on both ends in today's NBA.

That much was clear on the defensive end—where the Hawks allowed 108.7 points per 100 possessions with Howard on the floor and 102.8 when he sat, per NBA.com—though Hawks head coach Mike Budenholzer was more concerned about the other end.

"It's more about the offense and more space, but our transition defense is critical to us, too," Budenholzer said between Games 5 and 6, per the Atlanta Journal-Constitution's Chris Vivlamore. "They are putting a lot of pressure on us going back the other way. At times, it's asking a lot of Dwight. He's putting a lot of pressure going to the offensive boards and get second- and third-chances."

The Rockets ran into similar issues when Howard was in Houston. And you can bet Atlanta's Eastern Conference foes will take full advantage going forward.

That doesn't mean the Hawks should dump Dwight outright. His ability to control the paint, even with his oncoming 32nd birthday, makes Howard an important part of Atlanta's post-Al Horford construction.

What the Hawks need, then, is another big man who can back up Howard and play more on the perimeter when he's in. The search for such a stand-in figures to kick into high gear this summer, with Mike Muscala and Kris Humphries both bound for free agency.     

5 of 5

Mike Muscala and Kris Humphries will be joined on the open market by Thabo Sefolosha, Ersan Ilyasova and Jose Calderon—all valuable veterans. Mike Dunleavy Jr.'s 2017-18 salary is only partially guaranteed, and he could get the ax if Atlanta is desperate for any modicum of financial flexibility.

With only six guaranteed contracts on the books for next season, the Hawks will have more than a few roster spots to fill. And if Millsap and Hardaway Jr. come back at bigger numbers, Atlanta will have even less cap space to devote to its next round of role players.

Not that the Hawks won't have other options to consider internally. Bembry figures to get a longer look next season. Atlanta will have picks Nos. 19, 31 and 60 in this year's draft to spend, either as means of bringing in young blood or trading for more seasoned talent.

The Hawks could also be an attractive destination for those players left out of this summer's round of free-agent musical chairs. Players and agents around the Association have surely noticed the exemplary work that Mike Budenholzer and his staff have done coaching up the likes of Kent Bazemore, Hardaway Jr. and DeMarre Carroll—not to mention how much those guys either have been or will be paid as a result.

The impending opening of a new practice facility, in partnership with Emory Healthcare and P3, figures to be yet another selling point for Atlanta, particularly in pursuit of bargain-bin players looking to up their games for bigger paydays down the line.

"If our players are healthy and our players have fabulous experiences and our players' careers are extended," Hawks CEO Steve Koonin told USA Today's Jeff Zillgitt of the new facility, "then it is an asset to the organization."

All stats via NBA.com and Basketball Reference unless otherwise noted.

Josh Martin covers the NBA for Bleacher Report. Follow him on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook, and listen to his Hollywood Hoops podcast with B/R Lakers lead writer Eric Pincus.

Rumor Central: Tim Hardaway Jr. expected to land a big deal

Tim Hardaway Jr., who set career highs in points, rebounds and assists this season with Atlanta, said he'd like to remain with the Hawks. Scott Cunningham/Getty Images

12:53 PM ET
  • ESPN.com

Tim Hardaway Jr. will enter the 2017-18 salary cap year on July 1 as a restricted free agent and is expected to sign a lucrative multiyear contract with the Atlanta Hawks or another team via an offer sheet. If it's up to Hardaway Jr., he will re-sign with the Hawks.

Rumor Central"I want to be here, point blank,” Hardaway Jr. told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. "They brought me here because they believed in me and believed in what I’m capable of doing. I’m thankful for it. As of now, I’m still here. This is my team. I’m an Atlanta Hawk still. There is no other team right now. My mind and my focus is with the Atlanta Hawks."

After spending his first two years in the NBA with the New York Knicks, Hardaway Jr. was dealt to Atlanta on June 26 as part of a draft-night deal.

Hardaway Jr. posted career highs in points (14.5 per game), rebounds (2.8 per game) and assists (2.3 per game) this season, his fourth in the NBA. In addition, he made 45.5 percent of his shots, another career high for the No. 24 pick in the 2013 NBA draft. Hardaway Jr. also started 30 games in the regular season and all six in the first-round playoff series against the Washington Wizards.

The Hawks re-signed Kent Bazemore to a four-year, $70 million contract in July, and the agent for Hardaway Jr. may ask for that type of deal, since his client played a more prominent role than Bazemore in the latter portion of the regular season and playoffs. If the Hawks balk at matching his contract demands, agent Zach Kurtin of Priority Sports likely will call teams with cap room that may be willing to tender an offer sheet to his client.

"That’s why I have an agent to do all the talk with the organization here and see what best fits for me," Hardaway said. "I love it here. Atlanta brought me here and it really felt like I was starting all over as a rookie when I got here."

-- Nick Silva

I'm hesitant when it comes to him.. he had the perfect stage to show his value, but shot 20 something percent from 3 and got straight dominated by Beal.. 

58 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

I'm hesitant when it comes to him.. he had the perfect stage to show his value, but shot 20 something percent from 3 and got straight dominated by Beal.. 

Yeah he stunk up the joint but I want to keep him at the right price. I like his game and I think he will get better.

53 minutes ago, blkbigdog35 said:

Yeah he stunk up the joint but I want to keep him at the right price. I like his game and I think he will get better.

On a real note: Bazeless is making an average of 17.5 per year. Reddick will dictate where THJ will fall.  If Reddick gets 20 per than THJ will get between 17.5 and 20.  That is the market.  

blkbigdog35 likes this

6 minutes ago, usmcdirtybird said:

On a real note: Bazeless is making an average of 17.5 per year. Reddick will dictate where THJ will fall.  If Reddick gets 20 per than THJ will get between 17.5 and 20.  That is the market.  

Bingo.. and at that price.. very hesitant 

47 minutes ago, usmcdirtybird said:

Yeah don't want to do that especially with bazeless already being overpaid. This is a major clusterfuk right now. Have to find a way make this work.

Hawks expect to part ways with general manager Wes Wilcox

Jeff Goodman and Marc J. Spears

ESPN.com | 6:46 PM ET

The Atlanta Hawks are expected to remove Wes Wilcox from his role as general manager, sources told ESPN.

It is not clear yet whether Wilcox will have another role with the team or won't return to the Hawks. Discussions about the team's management are ongoing.

The Hawks issued a statement Wednesday afternoon that read: "Hawks leadership is undergoing a period of evaluation and looking at how basketball operations works best. There are no changes to report at this time and any reports indicating otherwise are inaccurate."

Wilcox was promoted in June 2015 from assistant general manager, where he worked alongside Danny Ferry.

Ferry stepped down just after a 10-month leave of absence following the release of an audio recording of a conference call with ownership in which Ferry was heard repeating culturally insensitive comments from a scouting report about Luol Deng.

Atlanta finished 48-34 in his first season at the helm and advanced to the Eastern Conference semifinals. This past season the Hawks won 43 games and lost to Washington in the first round of the playoffs.

Wilcox was previously in the Cleveland Cavaliers organization -- where he was the director of player personnel.

Wilcox was disciplined by the team earlier this season after making a racially charged joke at a season-ticket holders event, for which he apologized.

A Hawks internal investigation from Dec. 27 to Jan. 9 that included interviews with attendees concluded that Wilcox mention of race during the event merited his being reprimanded internally by the franchise.

This org is looking very dysfunctional right now. Ressler came out and said no firings two weeks ago. And now today guys are fired / not fired. Eerily similar to the Kings..

I support the moves though, a new GM with a vision for this team is a welcome change.

Atlanta 66 likes this

Ex-Detroit Pistons exec Joe Dumars to the Atlanta Hawks?

by Braden Shackelford1 hour agoFollow @shack_attack03

PistonPowered  

As a player for the Detroit Pistons, Joe Dumars won two championships. As the Pistons general manager, he built a title-contending squad that lasted almost a decade, adding one more title to his resume. Now it appears the Atlanta Hawks are interested in Dumars’ services.

The Detroit Pistons franchise owes a lot to Joe Dumars. After all, his services as a player and an executive lead to all three of the franchise’s titles.

Despite his success, Dumars has struggled landing another gig since his days in Detroit.

That said, he might not be out of the NBA much longer.

Dumars last years in Detroit were rough. In fact, he is responsible for the worst chain of moves in franchise history.

Dumars sent Ben Gordon and a first round draft pick to the then Charlotte Bobcats for Corey Maggette in an effort to clear up cap space. He then used the cleared space to sign Josh Smith to pair with Andre Drummond and Greg Monroe.

Josh Smith would eventually be waived.

He also traded Chauncey Billups for Allen Iverson. Billups had a few good seasons with the Denver Nuggets, and Iverson’s time in Detroit was….awful.

Oh, and there was that one time he drafted Darko Milicic ahead of Carmelo Anthony, Dwyane Wade, and Chris Bosh, among others.

That said, Dumars, despite all of that, was a good general manager for the most part. His biggest weakness was failing to embrace a rebuild-mode, instead opting to cut every corner he could to keep the Pistons great.

Hawks’ reorganizaton affects Budenholzer, Wilcox

By The Sports Xchangesports@newtoncitizen.com

Rockdale Citizen & Newton Citizen | Sat, 06 May 2017 09:00:00 -0400

Mike Budenholzer resigned as the Atlanta Hawks’ president of basketball operations on Friday but will remain as coach.

In addition, Wes Wilcox resigned from his position as general manager and will become a special advisor to ownership as the Hawks announced a new management structure.

Budenholzer will continue to serve as head coach and will remain involved in basketball personnel decisions.

The team said it will use an executive search firm to help identify a new general manager to run basketball operations.

The changes follow a disappointing 2016-17 season when the Hawks dipped to 43-39 and lost to the Washington Wizards in the opening round of the NBA playoffs.

“As we have said from the beginning, we are committed to building the Atlanta Hawks into a championship-caliber team, and after the end of our season, it was clear to all of us that our basketball operations leadership needed this reorganization,” Hawks principal owner Tony Ressler said in a statement. “With Bud moving his focus exclusively to his position as head coach, we are freeing him up to do what he does best as one of the most respected coaches in the NBA. As owners, we value Wes’ dedication, intellect and capabilities, however, we believe that our leadership would be best served by recruiting a new general manager to bring our team to the level of play that we expect.”

Budenholzer, the 2014-15 NBA Coach of the Year, has compiled a 189-139 (.576) record in four seasons as head coach and led the Hawks to their winningest season in franchise history in 2014-15, recording 60 wins before reaching the Eastern Conference Finals during the postseason. The Hawks have reached the playoffs in each of his four seasons and in 10 consecutive seasons overall, the second-longest streak in the NBA.

“For our franchise, I believe that this was a necessary and positive set of changes. I am fully committed to the Hawks organization and look forward to helping with the search process and eventually working with the incoming GM,” Budenholzer said. “Together with ownership, the incoming GM and front office staff, and our coaching staff, we will continue to work toward building a team that can achieve a high level of sustainable success.”

Wilcox, hired in June 2012 as assistant general manager, was promoted to GM in June 2015.

“What makes our organization strong is that everyone is working together for the good of the Hawks. That was my thinking when Bud and I met with ownership after the season and recommended this new structure,” Wilcox said. “I’m grateful for my time as general manager and consider it a privilege to be asked by Tony to continue on as a special advisor. I look forward to working closely with ownership to bring a championship to Atlanta.”

One of the Hawks’ offseason challenges will be attempting to retain four-time All-Star power forward Paul Millsap, who said he will probably opt out of his contract for next season (worth $21.4 million) and become an unrestricted free agent.

© Copyright 2017 Rockdale Citizen & Newton Citizen, 969 South Main Street Conyers, GA

28 minutes ago, blkbigdog35 said:

Don't know how I would feel about Joe as GM. :shrug:

No thanks.... and no thanks to the guy from Cleveland either.. 

31 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

No thanks.... and no thanks to the guy from Cleveland either.. 

I just hope they take their time and get the right guy.

5 potential general manager options for the Atlanta Hawks

Brendan Galella/FanSided via Hoops Habit Fansided

FOX Sports  

The reshaping of the front office for the Atlanta Hawks began a week after being eliminated in the opening round of the 2017 NBA Playoffs.

After days of speculation about his future with the organization, Hawks general manager Wes Wilcox resigned, but agreed to remain with the team as an advisor. In an unexpected twist, Mike Budenholzer announced he will step down as president of basketball operations.

By relinquishing control of basketball operations, Budenholzer will dedicate all of his time to his head coaching duties with the team.

The pair of moves enables Atlanta to hire a new general manager with an elevated level of control. Both Wilcox and Budenholzer will continue to have a say in personnel decisions, but principal team owner Tony Ressler stressed the general manager will oversee the entire front office.

Ressler intends to have a new general manager in place prior to the NBA Draft on June 22. The entire roster could look drastically different over the next few months, as Atlanta has the 19th, 31st and 60th picks in the 2017 NBA Draft.

Atlanta holds the draft rights to the Timberwolves’ first round pick in 2018, along with its own first and second round selections.

The team must also determine how vital four-time All-Star Paul Millsap is to the organization. The 6-foot-8 forward can opt out of his contract this summer and command a maximum contract as an unrestricted free agent.

Millsap posted Atlanta’s highest scoring (18.1 points per game) and minute averages (34 per game) while ranking second in rebounding (7.7 per game), assists (3.7 per game), steals (1.3 per game) and blocks (0.9 per game) this season.

If Millsap signs a maximum contract with the Hawks, he could sign a deal for $205 million over five years. The other 29 teams in the league could offer him a four-year, $158.4 million deal.

Either contact would be a significant pay raise from the $21.5 million he was slated to earn during the 2017-18 campaign.

Within a few hours of the resignations of Wilcox and Budenholzer, a few candidates for the opening were revealed.

Let’s examine five realistic options for the vacant Atlanta Hawks general manager vacancy.

Joe Dumars

The Atlanta Hawks are hoping for a quick turnaround, something Joe Dumars has already experienced.

Immediately following the announcement of his retirement as a player in 2000, Detroit appointed Dumars as the president of basketball operations. Four years later, the Pistons claimed an NBA title, even without a superstar on the roster.

Much of his success stemmed from his ability to identify talent in undervalued players, as he turned Richard Hamilton, Chauncey Billups and Ben Wallace, all castoffs from other organizations, into a championship core.

Dumars resigned from the position following the end of the 2014 season.

The Hall-of-Fame shooting guard has emerged as a potential general manager candidate for New Orleans, even though Dell Demps still holds the title, but could join the Hawks immediately and is a former teammate of minority owner Grant Hill.

David Griffin

As Cleveland marches towards a third consecutive NBA Finals appearance, its general manager is working on an expiring contract.

The Cavaliers and Griffin had negotiated a contract extension last summer, but were unable to agree to terms. While he operates in uncertainty, Griffin has the support of LeBron James, as he has become increasingly vocal about his desire for the general manager to remain with the organization.

If Cleveland fails to retain Griffin past this summer, the Atlanta Hawks could serve as a viable destination.

Much like Dumars, Griffin has ties to minority owner Grant Hill, as he was an executive in Phoenix during three of Hill’s five seasons with the Suns.

The primary holdup in a deal between the Hawks and Griffin is negotiations can’t begin until the Cavaliers’ season ends, which could be as late as June 18, the latest possible date of the NBA Finals.

Grant Hill

Instead of bringing in an outside candidate, the team could just assign the general manager position to Hill, a minority owner of the Atlanta Hawks.

Hill was among the group, headed by Ressler, that purchased the franchise for $850 million two years ago, after serving as the managing principal and founder of Penta Mezzanine Fund, a private equity mezzanine firm.

He also heads Hill Ventures, a private commercial real estate company. In addition to his firms, Hill serves as the co-host of NBA Inside Stuff along with providing color commentary for college and NBA basketball games.

While Hill has never worked in the front office of a basketball front office of any kind, he has generated interest in the general manager vacancy in Orlando. Only if he were to take the position, he would have to sell his shares of the Hawks.

A much simpler solution could be appointing himself, an NBA player with 18 years of experience and seven All-Star appearances, to the role of general manager in Atlanta.

Ressler told the Atlanta Journal Constitution he doesn’t believe Hill has an opening in the vacancy. Ressler also gave Wilcox a vote of confidence two weeks prior to reports, later deemed inaccurate by the Hawks front office, began to surface about the teams’ desire for a new general manager.

Shareef Abdur-Rahim

The Atlanta Hawks could turn to a former player that has worked in league front offices over the past seven years.

Shareef Abdur-Rahim spent a little over two seasons with the Hawks, garnering an All-Star roster spot in 2001 and lives in Atlanta.

Following his retirement in 2008, Abdur-Rahim was an assistant coach in Sacramento, a role he served for two seasons before being appointed as the assistant general manager for the Kings.

Sacramento promoted Abdur-Rahim to the general manager position of its Developmental League affiliate, the Reno Big Horns, until he was hired by the NBA as the vice president of basketball operations.

Few candidates are as well rounded as Abdur-Rahim and have the connection to the Atlanta organization.

Bobby Marks

There are no clear connections between the Atlanta Hawks and Bobby Marks, a former assistant general manager for the Nets with 20 years of front office experience, but the timing could be perfect.

Marks has since been hired as an insider for The Vertical part of Yahoo! sports, but the entire site is also being restructured. Lead editor Adrian Wojnarowski is slated to join ESPN, with some of his staff joining the network.

Since being cut by Brooklyn two years ago, Marks has garnered much attention for his ability to break down complex intricacies of the NBA salary cap to the general public.

The Hawks already have $83.8 million committed for the 2017-18 season, including the $21.4 million deal All-Star forward Paul Millsap has yet to opt out of, and could use his help shaping their roster in the future.

Atlanta has less than 50 days remaining if it hopes to fill its self imposed deadline of June 22 to fill its general manager vacancy, but plenty of intriguing options are available.

2 minutes ago, blkbigdog35 said:

Atlanta Hawks emerge as front-runners in race for Cavs GM David Griffin

Cavs Nation  

Cleveland Cavaliers general manager David Griffin is currently in the last year of his contract. After this season’s NBA Finals, teams can begin offering him deals in various positions. As of today, Griffin has yet to receive a new contract proposal or extension from team owner Dan Gilbert.

For what it’s worth, LeBron James has made it clear that he would like for Griffin to remain onboard. After all, “Griff” is the man who pulled the strings that led to the Cavs’ first NBA championship banner raising ceremony. So, in that regard, James is right to stand by his GM, as most fans of the team do.

Initial reports have indicated that the Orlando Magic are keeping an eye on the proceedings between Griffin and the Cavs. However, a new team has arrived in the race for his services: the Atlanta Hawks.

According to ESPN’s Marc Stein, Griffin and Joe Dumars are expected to be front-running candidates for the Hawks’ front office job.

2016 © CavsNation. Partner of USA TODAY Sports Media Group.

Saw someone tweet out "Charles Barkley for GM" tonight.

Would be err.... interesting

Damm Dwight wtf bro!!! :shrug:

Dwight Howard pulled over hours before Hawks eliminated in Game 6

ESPN.com news services

ESPN.com | 7:42 PM ET

Atlanta Hawks center Dwight Howard was pulled over for speeding in the early morning hours of April 28 -- the same day as the Hawks' series-ending Game 6 loss to the Washington Wizards in the first round.

Howard was going 95 mph in a 65 mph zone, prompting Dunwoody, Georgia, police to pull him over, according to the police report obtained by the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Upon questioning Howard, police learned the Hawks center was driving on a suspended registration and without insurance.

Howard was ticketed for lack of insurance, given a verbal warning for speeding and had his car towed.

The Hawks were eliminated 115-99 in a game that tipped off less than 18 hours after Howard's incident.

An Atlanta native, Howard had nine points and seven rebounds over 23 minutes -- the fewest minutes by any of the Hawks' starters in Game 6.

For the series, Howard averaged just eight points and 10.7 rebounds in 26.2 minutes.

Yea.. poor judgement of his behalf.. 

gotta love journalism.. pulled over hours before.. 18 hours before...