Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ket222

what better player could we have gotten than riley if stuck to second round pick?

61 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, UltraTurbo 2000 said:

Wasnt just mental stuff with Foster he has red flages on his shoulders that likly require surgery.  Anoher reason top 10 dropped to 31.  Similar to Myles Jack last year. 

Now that is a good point. But did did Takk. I  guess a guy with only one is a better option than one with both.

1 hour ago, MSalmon said:

It's almost like they picked Riley up to match up with Tampa with Mike Evans, Brate and OJ Howard. That's a nice thing to have. Plus if Debo gets hurt he can man the middle.

I'm wondering  if we'll see more 3 "off ball" sets now with Riley in the fold?

I don't know but we can be very versitkile with him in the fold. Gonna be hard for teams to figure out exactly what we're doing on defense based on the personnel being able to move around to other spots 

James Bond 007 and Vandy like this

1 minute ago, TheFatboi said:

I don't know but we can be very versitkile with him in the fold. Gonna be hard for teams to figure out exactly what we're doing on defense based on the personnel being able to move around to other spots 

yup. Fantastic pick. He's a physical guy as well. I like the way DQ is building this Defense.

James Bond 007 likes this

4 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

Can you explain what you mean by him helping us be versitile? I know he can go sideline to sideline but will he also help rush? 

4 minutes ago, red falcon said:

Can you explain what you mean by him helping us be versitile? I know he can go sideline to sideline but will he also help rush? 

We can line up in base 4-3 under or be in nickel and not necessarily have to make a change now. We can move guys around and confuse offenses because just about everybody on defense can play multiple positions. Just a lot of combinations and looks we can show that can confuse a qb. 

red falcon and James Bond 007 like this

On 4/29/2017 at 0:02 PM, MD-FalconFan13 said:

There's a point to your logic. A misleading point, but I guess it's a point. If a guy makes a mistake he can make another. The same can be said of a guy that had an injury. It's a logical fallacy to assume though that passed behavior is indicative of the future. It's a barometer, not an indicator. 

I think the opportunity to have a talented LB tauted as a Top 10 talent at #31 justifies the PERCIEVED risk. And again, this is a thread implicitly invoking hypothesis. There is little merit to the idea Riley and Foster are remotely clise in talent. We could slide Jones to WLB AND put Foster at MLB. That's devastating LB unit in sub packages. But as I said, I trust in Quinn.

Well it can be perceived that Riley is healthier. 

jazzyburrell likes this

On 4/29/2017 at 9:40 AM, mdrake34 said:

Instead, we got an SEC linebacker with superior athleticism and no mental/emotional issues, can sign him to a cheaper contract, and got extra picks. 

All of that is nice, but you can leave out the SEC part.  Tackles by SEC players aren't worth more.

Vandy likes this

8 minutes ago, chifalc said:

All of that is nice, but you can leave out the SEC part.  Tackles by SEC players aren't worth more.

K. 

On 4/29/2017 at 1:04 PM, MD-FalconFan13 said:

Now that is a good point. But did did Takk. I  guess a guy with only one is a better option than one with both.

Also Foster has a history of concussions (like Feeney) that's a bigger red flag than ALL of his other issues combined!!!