Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

maorifalcon

Who are your day 3 Targets? - Falcons

129 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, BIRDLAND 2.0 said:

Thanks. Up through the 80s it was merely standard 2 corners with a WS and SS, Nickle (3 corners) one Safety, or Dime (4 corners) no Safeties. Tony Dungy comes along and I hear the name Tampa 2 and Cover 2 and I have been scratching my head since then. 

I think it used to be called the deep zone. Its always been around in some form.

Just now, Knight of God said:

I think it used to be called the deep zone. Its always been around in some form.

I had some old 1980s NFL books I read. Get to bed , it's 11 pm in California! :D

Knight of God likes this

Eddie Jackson, Bucky Hodges, Danny Isidora, Dorian Johnson, Jake Butt, George Kittle, Carl Lawson, Desmond King, Isaac Asiata, Nico Siragusa, Julien Davenport, Aviante Collins, Deatrich Wise Jr, Jordan Leggett, Jeremy Sprinkle, Carlos Watkins, Jaleel Johnson, Elijah Qualls, Charles Walker, (**** it Caleb Brantley you would be perfect), Rayshawn Jenkins, Tedric Thompson. 

Give me 2 of those 23 and a running back and I will be very happy. If I had to guess I think we take Isidora, Collins, and Tedric Thompson

17 minutes ago, Poe_Boy said:

Moore did he play the free or strong safety position?

Small school, so this'll seem like a cop out, but he played a little bit of everything.

And I mean everything. Strong safety in the box, as well as single high, but also nickel back, linebacker, and even edge rusher in a 3-4 alignment. Was so fast he could just run around tackles sometimes, but he has a cute little rip I guess. Compared to everyone else, he was just so physically dominant; heck, his numbers put him a tier above most NFL caliber safeties even. 

He has pretty much zero tackling technique and even his coverage and backpedal are kinda awkward, but his instincts and range are A+. He seems like he always knows where to be. Has a good feel for the game. He could develop into a really nice player. I'd probably ideally put him in Ishmael's role, the kinda Deone Buchanan S/LB spot, but either way I feel like Quinn could use him. Could do ST right away and wouldn't be surprised if he made the 53 just in that kind of role.

@Knight of God his name is Donald Payne, posted about him on pg 2

It's obvious on the West Coast, you Boys aren't going to bed. My wife wanted to kick my posterior last night. She thought Football was over. I gotta wrap it up. 

2 minutes ago, BIRDLAND 2.0 said:

Ok , now it's just calling for a meme of a cop or security guard with a cup of java and a twelve pack of Krispi Kreme :ninja:

Nah. Thats not what I do...lol

24 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

Cover 3 is the one where no other position in the secondary is as important as FS. If that position is exposed then you can basically spam. As long as you an take a hit and get the ball out of your hands you can get in a rhythm.

FS is an underrated position. Pryor, for example is a PERFECT, Cover 3 guy. If used in a form like ours.

Ship a 5th over for him then? 

Knight of God likes this

29 minutes ago, stingbee said:

The Falcons are going to use two of their round 5 picks to move to 4th again. We may have 2 4 Round picks. I doubt we will stick with 3 Round 5 picks. 

That's what I think I'm hoping too. There's a few positions we could potentially use an upgrade, but at this point I'd take two guys that you knew would make the roster and could potentially make a significant contribution over time.

28 minutes ago, maorifalcon said:

Ship a 5th over for him then? 

No

6 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

Calvin Pryor is more of a SS. Definitely not a single-high at 4.58 forty and questionable center-fielder skills.

Yeah I just went back and looked again. Didn't realized how hyped talking heads could get. Going on memory, but taking another look i would pass. He is also plagued with riding the bench

RandomFan likes this

I HAVE TWO SCENARIOS:

1st Scenario w/ trade:

4-29: S Rashawn Jenkins

Trade 5-12 and 5-30 to move back into the 5th Round.

4-30: OG Danny Isidora

5-5: TE George Kittle

2nd Scenario without trade:

4-29: S Rayshawn Jenkins

5-5: TE George Kittle

5-12: DT DJ Jones

5-30: OG Aviante Collins

6 minutes ago, Capt_Falcon_25 said:

With 3 picks in the 5th, would anyone be opposed to drafting a QB in the 5th?

Since the QB class is garbage, yeah. I was interested in Davis Webb as a developmental guy believe it or not but even he got drafted way before expected

But hey, in a year with better QBs, sure.

I just looked at some possible picks spider charts and Desmond King tested in the 94th percentile for safeties. He's the exact same height and one pound lighter than Earl Thomas was at the combine. He's a great tackler and has great instincts at corner. I believe he's a captain on a great team. TD and DQ could be licking their chops.