Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

maorifalcon

Who are your day 3 Targets? - Falcons

129 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, Artys Arryn said:

Would definitely snag Bucky. He plays like an overgrown Wide. Great hands, speed, feel for QB. His routes lack crispness. I would definitely take him in 5th. 

3 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

Lol. I just hope we get a FS

The Falcons may very well be good with what they have at RG and if they are, then I hope that we can package some of those 5ths to move up and get Jackson @ FS. I think he would be a fantastic late round pick up.

Knight of God likes this

9 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

Halpin is projected way lower. Why take him in the 4th? We aren't hurting that bad at OG.

He is depth for Center too. If he lasts until 5th, that's fine. Get a TE or RB in 4th. I bet TD goes to the local college visits in the 5th.

Knight of God likes this

6 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

Who you still like at FS KOG?  I wanted one early, but don't know if it's better to take one early next year now that we're late.  Or take a freak athlete that might be able to become a good S later.

I thought we'd go elsewhere in the 3rd and be doing LB depth in the 4th instead of vice versa.

I'm essentially just hoping they get developmental athletes at TE, LB, RB...things to keep us from having to use early picks on them.

Anyway, who at FS?

Knight of God likes this

5 minutes ago, BIRDLAND 2.0 said:

Would definitely snag Bucky. He plays like an overgrown Wide. Great hands, speed, feel for QB. His routes lack crispness. I would definitely take him in 5th. 

I'll tell you what, after seeing that highlight reel, I'm actually open to the idea. I still say get a FS and RB first, but I wouldn't be mad if they made him the first pick of the 4th. The kid is a matchup nightmare.

Just now, takeitdown said:

Who you still like at FS KOG?  I wanted one early, but don't know if it's better to take one early next year now that we're late.  Or take a freak athlete that might be able to become a good S later.

I thought we'd go elsewhere in the 3rd and be doing LB depth in the 4th instead of vice versa.

I'm essentially just hoping they get developmental athletes at TE, LB, RB...things to keep us from having to use early picks on them.

Anyway, who at FS?

Desmond King or Eddie Jackson. The Patriots looked at tape and saw the seams were exposed. That's how they did it. I am sure the whole league knows now. You need to be able to make those seams less vulnerable. We need either range or recovery in a safety. 

BIRDLAND 2.0 and RandomFan like this

2 minutes ago, uga_falcons_braves said:

I'll tell you what, after seeing that highlight reel, I'm actually open to the idea. I still say get a FS and RB first, but I wouldn't be mad if they made him the first pick of the 4th. The kid is a matchup nightmare.

Raw, but imagine if Tony Gonzales coached he and Hooper? :vince:

1 minute ago, Knight of God said:

Desmond King or Eddie Jackson. The Patriots looked at tape and saw the seams were exposed. That's how they did it. I am sure the whole league knows now. You need to be able to make those seams less vulnerable. We need either range or recovery in a safety. 

Oh yeah.  I was fine with a FS in the first.

Just wanted to make sure we get someone who can improve what we have now.  Once it gets to this part of the draft, there are only a couple people at each position and you're looking traits.  Maybe they'll get the FS we both wanted and the TE I wanted.

Knight of God likes this

17 minutes ago, TSprings said:

Arguably the freakiest athlete left in the draft.  

Yep.  And it's the time of the draft to take freaks and see if you can make them players.

I say a  Blue Chip FS is top pick next year! 

RandomFan likes this

1 minute ago, BIRDLAND 2.0 said:

I say a  Blue Chip FS is top pick next year! 

Nothing to stop that, but there are guys who can do what we need. No reason to wait. Plus I don't want to draft in the top 20.

53 minutes ago, maorifalcon said:

We currently have 4 picks left

Round 4 - 30 (136)
Round 5 - 5 (149)
Round 5 - 12 (156)
Round 5 - 31 (174)

--  
  Who are your targets? 

Dorian Johnson, George Kittle, Jake Butt, Samaje Perine, Carl Lawson, Jaleel Johnson, Eddie Jackson, Jaylen Reeves Maybin and Des King

Dorian Johnson with our 4th rounder and hopefully Jake Butt and Eddie Jackson with the two top fifth rounders and Zane Gonzalez with the last pick 

Knight of God likes this

1 hour ago, Knight of God said:

I'd be alright with Eddie Jackson this late.

A heads up btw, and this is directed at everyone - keep an eye out for us maybe trading down again and selecting Donald Payne with the later pick. Doubt we'd take him in the 5th since he's such a small school dude, but who knows. Dude is a big time Falcon fan almost no one seems to know about. Plays safety, 6'0 and 220ish lbs, freak workout numbers, lot of heart and passion for the game. Atlanta born and raised. 

We put him through a personal workout according to an interview he gave a while back. 

The numbers:

6'0, 217 lbs
40 yd dash: 4.55
10 yd split: 1.55
Bench: 16 reps
Vertical: 37.5"
Shuttle: 4.35 sec
3-cone: 6.76 sec

If he isn't drafted, I 100% expect him to sign with us as a UDFA.

BIRDLAND 2.0 and m2Falcons like this

6 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

Nothing to stop that, but there are guys who can do what we need. No reason to wait. Plus I don't want to draft in the top 20.

Agree. Rocky stays put and Poole plays NB Safety. Secondary will do even better with improved LB zone discipline and Line complete pocket pressure. 

23 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

Sadly, not many upgrades left. Only Eddie Jackson...maybe. Looks like we're going to have to punt the huge FS upgrade to next year. I was happy to get Riley after the trade down. But I was sick to see all the good FS prospects go before our pick and #63. That's the reason we traded down, I'm certain.

1 minute ago, BIRDLAND 2.0 said:

Agree. Rocky stays put and Poole plays NB Safety. Secondary will do even better with improved LB zone discipline and Line complete pocket pressure. 

That's not how this system works man. 

RandomFan likes this

1 minute ago, RandomFan said:

Sadly, not many upgrades left. Only Eddie Jackson...maybe. Looks like we're going to have to punt the huge FS upgrade to next year. I was happy to get Riley after the trade down. But I was sick to see all the good FS prospects go before our pick and #63. That's the reason we traded down, I'm certain.

Yeah. I can only hope Jackson is the plan, but I doubt he makes it. We are 30 picks down.

Yeah, I think we're going to have to turn our focus to TE's, RB's, WR's, and OL's for the rest of the way. Maybe a backup safety, but probably not one ever capable of starting. Our front 7 on D is pretty full now, CB is full. So backup safety and offense are all that's left. 

I would really like to get TE Kittle in the 4th, but doubt he's there either. He's either the best or the 2nd best blocking TE in this draft, and is more of an athletic freak than Bucky Hodges.

I'd really want a good FS but there just isn't a really good one left.  Tedric Thompson is a great center-fielder but dude can't tackle good enough or hard enough for this team.

Quinn wants to play a NB Safety per previous articles posted , so why wouldn't Poole move to  Nickle since he's weak in coverage and does better next to line?

Knight of God likes this