Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ket222

How does Takk compare to Willis, Reddick, other DEs?

11 posts in this topic

So how does takk compare to other DEs in the first round?  other than the 'intangibles' (high motor), objectively is he as strong, fast, etc and has he had as many sacks as the other DEs outside of the top ten of the first round? 

Would it have been better to trade up to get Reddick or stay put and get Willis, for instance? 

By the way, I'm surprised we had to give up a third round pick just to move up so few spots--I would have thought it was a fourth rounder.

How do you think Takk (a-Takk, as I call him) will impact our defense and pass rush over last year??

Reddick isnt a DE.

Willis has better polished technique, but doesn't strike me as the kind of guy that will ever terrorize opposing QB's. Low ceiling, 6 sack a year type player, IMO.

Taco was on the board but he has bust written all over him. Glad we stayed far far away.

Was super happy to see Harris taken off the board before we picked. I wanted no part of him.

ZoneOne01 likes this

1st Reddick

2nd Harris 

3rd Takk

Harris is more polished than Takk. I wanted Harris though but Takk will do just fine. I like his speed.

According to Pro Football Weekly:

Takk McKinley

Rated 5th best edge rusher.

Strengths: Very strong and explosive. Great motor, goes all out on every play. Very good athlete. Can easily two-gap a tight end or Olineman. Never gives ground, quick to find ball, and disruptive in the run game. Explosive off the line. Can bull rush or use moves. Very good tackler and good pursuit.

Weakness: Raw. Needs to learn to use hands better.

Jordan Willis

Rated 15th best edge rusher

Strengths: Very strong and explosive for his size. Tough, aggressive and competitive. All-out performer on every play. Very good hands.

Weakness: Size. Not a top athlete.

Reddick is an LB.

HolyMoses and ZoneOne01 like this

Takk's athleticism, bend, burst off the LOS, and speed are insanely better than Willis'. I don't care too much what the combine numbers said, watch Takk and watch Willis, and Takk is overall so much more explosive. I think Willis could be a decent player, but Takk's potential as an impact player is so much greater IMO.

7 minutes ago, rudy said:

1st Reddick

2nd Harris 

3rd Takk

Harris is more polished than Takk. I wanted Harris though but Takk will do just fine. I like his speed.

yuck.

They are about equal in the technique department, but Takk is stronger, faster, more explosive and has a world class work ethic and motor. I honestly cant even begin to fathom how anyone could like Harris over Takk. To each his own though.

ALSO

Charles Harris

Rated 8th best edge rusher

Strengths: Adequate size. Good athlete with change of direction and balance. Very good edge rusher. Quick to find ball. Can close off block to the QB. Very good competitor.

Weakness: A bit short and small for a DE. Can get caught inside on run plays and lose contain.

well I feel significantly better now.  I'm not sure why everyone was saying we'd go for willis who was only Rated 15th best edge rusher.  I saw that Takk was supposed to go mid-first round by a couple prognosticators (although I'd hoped he'd be a bit better than the 5th best pass rusher--I'm sure Quinn will make him great)

14 minutes ago, ket222 said:

well I feel significantly better now.  I'm not sure why everyone was saying we'd go for willis who was only Rated 15th best edge rusher.  I saw that Takk was supposed to go mid-first round by a couple prognosticators (although I'd hoped he'd be a bit better than the 5th best pass rusher--I'm sure Quinn will make him great)

You have to remember however, this is just a few opinions. I'm sure there are other reviews that are completely different, but form what I've seen,Takk could be a real threat depending on how much Quinn and himself are willing to work and I can tell you now that Takk is hungry.

Also at the place we drafted, we weren't gonna get guys like Garrett, so Mckinley would have been a more realistic choice

1 hour ago, RubberDucky said:

yuck.

They are about equal in the technique department, but Takk is stronger, faster, more explosive and has a world class work ethic and motor. I honestly cant even begin to fathom how anyone could like Harris over Takk. To each his own though.

Yes I do agree that Takk has more physical attributes. Takk does have the higher ceiling than Harris. But I think harris more ready to contribute right away though more limited in his role than Takk.