Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

maorifalcon

Did the division get better?

20 posts in this topic

McCaffery at 8 to the Panthers - Will change their game from power to more inside zone. I like this for us.
Lattimore and Ramzysck to the Taints- Lattimore is good but he will get abused by Julio for years to come, as for Ramzysck hes pretty athletic and should help them trying to limit Vic and now Takk off the edge.
Howard to the Bucs - Very very good player for them, they still need help at RB but their passing attack is hella potent now with Humpheries and Howard working the middle and Mike Evans on the outside.

What are your thoughts  Falcons fam

Osiruz likes this

CM is a great pick for Carolina if utilitized fully. In order for that to be so they'd need a change in philosophy on O which I don't see happening. 

NO .. shlt the bed. Why draft a CB with Allen, Barnett & more importantly an all word FS on board. You have to go pass rush there or center fielder to combat the division. You can't cover anyone with no pass rush. Ryan @ 32 was a good pick but the pick at 11 negates it to a certain exent only because they could have have had a better haul. 

TB did really good for themselves. Hopefully JW continue to be inconsistent. Outside of that they have weapons to compete. 

We did really good as well Takk will have a better rookie year than Beasley did due to coaching & cast. He'll see plenty of 1vs1 with Vic, Jarrett, Poe, Clayborn, Jack & Shelby. He's in a better situation than any of the rookie passrushers not named Solmon Thompson. 

So all in all I think every one did good outside of NO who kinda short changed themselves by not trading back, taking a passrusher or the best FS in the draft. That rookie will not do well in this division with a mediocre passrush. 

Yeah everyone improved.

I actually prefer the Panthers taking any offensive weapon over a defensive guy because they'll never win a ship with Cam at QB. So i hope they continue to stock up on offensive guys. 

I think the Saints draft was very very mediocre. This is one of the deepest CB's draft in recent memory and you take a CB at #11 when that guy has some legitimate injury concerns. Iono, i would have taken Jonathan Allen (granted he has injury concerns too but he was a DL and not many of them after 11) or Barnett etc. And then taken a CB at #32 or even in the 2nd. 

Bucs did good. Not worried about Howard at all though. Sure he is good, but Winston is still inconsistent af. 

I'd say so. The other three teams all made good picks today which is what I was expecting.

I'm just glad the Saints didn't get Foster. He'd definitely would've been their choice if the 49ers didn't trade up.

Francis York Morgan likes this

Carolina got a great one, but I have serious questions as to how he fits, and will fit, in their current offensive philosophy up till now.

NO added a good young CB and an OT who may not even see the field b/c of depth

TB added a great young weapon, but luckily their OL is still ****

Bucs are the one that concerns me most based on their addition. The Panthers adding a running back, even that one, isn't a huge concern. If the Saints had taken Barnett like I expected I would be concerned. No corner scares me with Julio at receiver

I like what the Panties and the Bucs added but if I'm honest I like our team speed on defense.We have added another string to the bow rushing the passer and our offense is still a gear ahead of the rest.

I know we are still the benchmark in the division.

2 hours ago, Clark Kent™ said:

Yeah everyone improved.

I actually prefer the Panthers taking any offensive weapon over a defensive guy because they'll never win a ship with Cam at QB. So i hope they continue to stock up on offensive guys. 

I think the Saints draft was very very mediocre. This is one of the deepest CB's draft in recent memory and you take a CB at #11 when that guy has some legitimate injury concerns. Iono, i would have taken Jonathan Allen (granted he has injury concerns too but he was a DL and not many of them after 11) or Barnett etc. And then taken a CB at #32 or even in the 2nd. 

Bucs did good. Not worried about Howard at all though. Sure he is good, but Winston is still inconsistent af. 

I agree on the panties--they went all in to get more weapons for Cam. But as long as Cam is his own enemy, I'm not worried about them. They've had a McCaffery type runner in Deshaun Foster before.

I thought it kind of weird that the Saints didn't grab a pass rusher, either. Lots of cbs in this draft.

As far as the Carolina pick... TD has two HBs on the roster who are plenty capable of taking it to the house any time they run or catch the ball... and he didn't have to use a top 10 pick to get either of them. Just sayin'.

TB... rookie TEs very rarely make a significant impact. That kid is good, but it'll be a year or two before his presence is really substancial.

NO... like others have said, unless they address the pass rush, that CB ain't gonna fair too well against the talent in this division. I get the OT pick, but pass rush help might've been more beneficial there, and they still could've gotten an OT they could groom for a year in the later rounds.

I think the saints shat the bed. If they wanted a DB, Hooker was the obvious pick, IMO. In all honesty, they should have taken Allen. That 32nd pick sucked, IMO.

The other 2 did good for themselves, especially Tampa. 

I liked the Bucs pick, the Ain'ts got better but they're still bad, they need to keep going with drafts like that first round for a few more years before I'm concerned. Panthers picked a good player that doesn't fit their scheme, I was jumping for joy when they drafted him.

6 hours ago, Clark Kent™ said:

Yeah everyone improved.

I was afraid aints were gonna get jonathon Allen. Thank god they still have the clown loomis running the show in New Orleans. 

Mccaffery's an overrated media darling. Don't see him being that RB who makes panthers that much better.  

Tampa is the one NFCS team that really nailed their pick. 

Lornoth likes this

The Saints couldn't take a FS because they still are paying Jarious Byrd to be on IR. They have a bunch of young CBs from the last couple of years.

McCafferry is fast but is he anything more than a slot guy in the NFL? Cam is not a QB that utilizes slot receivers. He is a heave it down field to the fast guy QB. 

Bucs have Howard now, will he be good? Does it matter? These teams seem to be investing in offense to try and win shoot outs with the Falcons while the Falcons have been doubling down on defense to help their offense. 

McCaffery isn't going to add three or four touchdowns to Carolina's games against Atlanta. Howard isn't going to cover Julio or slow the run game... and the Saints? F them.

BoomGoesTheDynamite likes this

Yep. People freakin out over what Tampa did, but they're not gonna run and throw all over us with our D. We're pretty stout upfront especially now with the Poe signing and have lots speed on the backside.

For Carolina, I wonder if they can protect Cam because that didn't seem t be the case last year. All the weapons in the world don't mean jack if the trigger man is eating grass.

NO defense still sucks. AP ain't gonna help in that regard.