ESPN Purging Staff - 100 Writers & Reporters Cut

JayOzOne

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, raysnill1 said:

the messed up part about this is that at FS1 they have him paired up with Shannon Sharpe who is brilliant. it's very bittersweet.

SKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!!!

17 minutes ago, Kerwin said:

There's nothing I love more than having my sports information littered with preaching about how my personal views on society make me an awful person.  I wouldn't be able to enjoy the Falcons quite as much if I simply got to watch the games without also getting a free lecture.  Not that ESPN ever covers anything Falcons related... so I guess I mean hypothetically.

Yeah we Aren't the New York or Boston or Dallas Falcons so you were just spit balling there. 

1 hour ago, Drunken Minotaur Zebra said:

Hoping someone loses their livelihood over Twitter?

If he was harassing you maybe, but wtf?

His job is to report, if he can't report the news and deal with criticism when he's wrong he shouldn't have the job anyway. He has a twitter account because they want him to interact with fans, if he's just going to block people when they question him, he can go. 

4 minutes ago, Dem Birds said:

His job is to report, if he can't report the news and deal with criticism when he's wrong he shouldn't have the job anyway. He has a twitter account because they want him to interact with fans, if he's just going to block people when they question him, he can go. 

The people he blocks are the ones who actually comment and click on his ESPN articles. His articles had much more social shares and comments before he did all that blocking, it's counter-intuitive.

1 hour ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

That's done. This is the rapidly-accelerating fallout from people like you and I relying on non-traditional avenues for our programming. 

And I'll be honest, it's pretty sad. And it has some serious implications for the future. 

I think people celebrating things like this are missing the bigger picture. This evolving content market can go a few different directions but I think the more likely result will be that its going to cost us more to consume the content we like. 

Yep. As a former employee of Comcast I can tell you, people wishing for ala carte services will be in for a huge shock when they see what it costs. Plus, the phone and cable companies control the internet, so they can easily strangle your ability to watch online if they choose (already happening with data caps).

30 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

And another thing... WHY would you do this on the Eve of one your biggest events for the Network!? 

Just shows how out of sorts this network has become. If it goes away and the games they carry are shown still, I won't miss a beat!

Because no one will remember after today 

8 minutes ago, Duff_Man said:

Yep. As a former employee of Comcast I can tell you, people wishing for ala carte services will be in for a huge shock when they see what it costs. Plus, the phone and cable companies control the internet, so they can easily strangle your ability to watch online if they choose (already happening with data caps).

This is true. But cable companies should offer people the opportunity to tailor their packages instead of force feeding them huge packages that include channels most never watch. My parents only watch about ten channels (not including local, which they watch 80% of the time), yet they have more than 400 channels. Their initial subscription ran out and their price went from $160 to $220 per month. If they could pay $50 for those ten channels, they'd gladly do it, even though the cost per channel increases twenty-fold. 

23 minutes ago, Duff_Man said:

That is why Google Fiber and Google TV need to take over. No data caps at insane speeds. TV with choice.

9 minutes ago, Clark Kent™ said:

Wish they'd get rid of Jemele Hill. She should have been 1st priority on the canned list

She is safe. Her and Michael Smith host their own Sportscenter @6 I guess. I haven't watched since they took over.

It is part of their "personality driven" plan. They have their SC, SVP has his late SC and rumored they may give M. Greenberg one or something similar. They think that is the answer to their problems.

2 minutes ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

@JayOzOne, no offense intended by moving your thread to ABF. I think the discussion fits better in ABF and ABF is a better forum for discussing issues that border on (or are) political in nature. This thread has been dancing around that territory for awhile so its best to nip it in the bud.