Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
davefishpolis

Stadium to Airport

4 posts in this topic

Hi, I'm coming over from Scotland to catch some college games in September. The day i'm due to travel home is the same day as the home game against the Bills. I was thinking about catching the game before I go, my flight is at 1845, its a 1300 kickoff. Do you think that would leave me enough time to catch the train to the airport? What's the transport like on gameday?

Thanks

David

So to assume the game takes three and a half hours, that's too close to call. Remember there are no storage facilities at the airport, and the one on Forsyth opens funny hours at the best of times, so you'd be wasting a good 30-40 minutes just getting to collect your luggage. Even leaving it at the hotel is time wasted.

If your flight was an hour later i'd be more inclined to give it a go.

davefishpolis likes this

Cheers, I've seen a flight at 2000 that I could get. Think i'll go for it. I thought the airport wrap n go had storage facilities?

On 2017-4-26 at 1:27 PM, davefishpolis said:

Cheers, I've seen a flight at 2000 that I could get. Think i'll go for it. I thought the airport wrap n go had storage facilities?

As far as I know that had stopped a few years ago. Had to use a luggage storage company on Forsyth instead. That was at the start of my trip and so after popping to Buckhead to sort out a US SIM, buy some other bits I hadn't got round to before the trip, MARTA had delays which meant missing closing time and picking my car up at the airport and spending the night with next to no luggage (charger adaptor was in my luggage) and having to rush back the following morning which took me 2 hours or so after leaving Fairburn.

If you do manage to find somewhere to store your luggage at the airport let me know, just for future reference.