Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spts1

Blow it up, rebuild, and bring back Danny Ferry...

19 posts in this topic

You can make a HARD case that not ONE Hawks starter would start on MOST NBA teams.  This is a team of low budget players that Ressler and the crew have foisted on Atlanta while pretending to be serious about winning a championship.  The ONLY player they have from top to bottom that i would want to keep is Hardaway, and they WILL find a way to mess that up and lose him to free agency.  ( players like bazeless are more important).

Blow it up. I  mean tank hard. Become the Philadelphia Sixers. Heck, they then MIGHT get a legit player thru the lottery.  NO free agent of championship caliber is walking thru that door.  Oh, and bring back Danny Ferry. When he got fired, that started this whole mess...  Arrange a meeting between Ferry, Wilkins and the fans, whatever it takes.  Budweiserholzen belongs nowhere near the general manager duties. ( see bazeless)....

THJ has got to produce during the playoffs before anointing him "the only player to keep".. which in itself is ridiculous.. 

still not understanding why people want to follow the stellar example of tanking that has produced oh so well for Philadelphia.. 

I wish man. They're gonna max Millsap, wont be able to move Baze, probably sign THJ, and just pray that the 19th pick in the draft is good enough to put them over the top. By the time they realize it's time to rebuild, Dennis will be entering his prime years. Team is ****** for the forseeable future, they had to trade Millsap. Just had to.

Here's your confirmation http://www.peachtreehoops.com/2017/4/22/15394908/atlanta-hawks-rebuild-tony-ressler-interview-sustained-success?utm_campaign=peachtreehoops&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

This team wont win for a long time

3 hours ago, TheTrue7 said:

THJ has got to produce during the playoffs before anointing him "the only player to keep".. which in itself is ridiculous.. 

still not understanding why people want to follow the stellar example of tanking that has produced oh so well for Philadelphia.. 

Yeah I don't care for the blowing up sh1t method either but we need a GM to come in and fix this roster. Top needs backup point and shooters. I think prince is going to develop nicely and THJ and a mature Dennis can be a core group to build around.

3 hours ago, TheTrue7 said:

But, But, the stellar example of how the hawks HAVE done it is better...lmao

Mid pack team EVERY year, make the playoffs, ain't going nowhere, year in and year out. Not good enough to win a championship, not bad enough to get a high lottery pick. yeah, stellar example...

Summerhill likes this

5 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

Mid pack team EVERY year, make the playoffs, ain't going nowhere, year in and year out. Not good enough to win a championship, not bad enough to get a high lottery pick. yeah, stellar example...

There's too much fail in this post .. 

go be a philly fan then.. with all their championships and playoff berths..   :rolleyes:

21 minutes ago, blkbigdog35 said:

Yeah I don't care for the blowing up sh1t method either but we need a GM to come in and fix this roster. Top needs backup point and shooters. I think prince is going to develop nicely and THJ and a mature Dennis can be a core group to build around.

It's every armchair gms go to.. hit the restart button.. 

AF89, jayu70, usmcdirtybird and 2 others like this

7 hours ago, slickgadawg said:

Kawi Leonard was picked in the middle of the first if I recall. You can build a roster outside the lottery you just can't be having year after year of lame ducks like we've had. Dennis and Prince are the only solid first round contributers we've drafted (or draft traded) even going back to the Danny Ferry years. Mike Scott might legit be the third best player we've drafted since 2012.

16 hours ago, atl falcon 89 said:

Kawi Leonard was picked in the middle of the first if I recall. You can build a roster outside the lottery you just can't be having year after year of lame ducks like we've had. Dennis and Prince are the only solid first round contributers we've drafted (or draft traded) even going back to the Danny Ferry years. Mike Scott might legit be the third best player we've drafted since 2012.

The Notre Dame pick got us THJ.  The pick was bad but the results worked for us.  But I do agree.  Outside of the first 10 picks then you have to do your do diligence in scouting.  

On 4/22/2017 at 6:04 PM, slickgadawg said:

Yeah after 10 straight years of making the playoffs with a single conference finals birth (swept), it gets a little old. Only teams in the east playoffs should be happy with their situation- Cavs, Celtics, Bucks, Wizards. Hawks, Bulls, Pacers, Raptors have hit the wall. 

On 4/23/2017 at 6:30 PM, usmcdirtybird said:

I am on record just wanting Bazemore traded.  

I want both Bazemore and Schroder traded.

Also didn't realize Isiah Thomas was the last pick in the draft and bounced around twice before becoming a Celtic :doh:

Seriously **** Boston they get all the luck.

Unfortunately, the Hawks have had chances to position themselves for a quicker rebuild and chose not to: 

1.) Trade Al Horford in 2016

2.) Trade Paul Millsap in 2017

3.) Tank the last few games in 2017 in order to miss the playoffs and improve draft chances