We're getting the band back together.....MBGT 2017

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do we have a hotel in mind that world just going to book at or are we still in the early stages of planning

I am trying my very best to make sure I get there and right about now I'd say there's an 85% chance hopefully increases the closer we get

On 4/20/2017 at 9:55 PM, BIRDLAND 2.0 said:

I'll be there in spirit from the Bay Area. Would be great to hang out with some you and--torch a New England Patriot fans home somewhere in Georgia! 

Tampa Bar.....er, Bay area where I am?

Edited by Tim Mazetti

20 hours ago, clownorg said:

Do we have a hotel in mind that world just going to book at or are we still in the early stages of planning

I am trying my very best to make sure I get there and right about now I'd say there's an 85% chance hopefully increases the closer we get

The last several years we have stayed at Fairfield Inn by Marriot. It's close to MARTA and a small shopping center that includes a grocery store, Arby's and Dominoes

5 minutes ago, Shiney_McShine said:

The last several years we have stayed at Fairfield Inn by Marriot. It's close to MARTA and a small shopping center that includes a grocery store, Arby's and Dominoes

Sounds good to me, but are they OK with the rowdiness this crowd brings???

Late night BBQ, and a Big Loud Hairy MoFo From NJ drinking enough to kill 17 horses?? Oh And IowaHorse Too....

7 hours ago, Shiney_McShine said:

That's a nice place and we had the grills out away from the hotel...they were nice. We weren't so rowdy that year... but  we killed many a beer.

8 hours ago, clownorg said:

Sounds good to me, but are they OK with the rowdiness this crowd brings???

Late night BBQ, and a Big Loud Hairy MoFo From NJ drinking enough to kill 17 horses?? Oh And IowaHorse Too....

For those who have not been in awhile, that area has changed and what was once a crappy sports bar is now condos, which are next to the hotel parking lot. Actually, there are condos all around. 

Of course we have to remain somewhat civil. The noise ordinance in DeKalb is 11:00, however the hotel may have a different curfew for noise. I do remember in the past, not having any problems at this location. 

This hotel is also a short Uber/Lyft ride from many restaurants as well. Not sure about bowling alleys though.....

Edited by Shiney_McShine

On 4/24/2017 at 7:37 PM, Herr Doktor said:

Is that you Mozzie?  It's been ages man! 

Yeah man..  it has been ages.. I had to leave when the forums went insane.. all the post-Vick vitriol was unbearable.. but still some of my fondest memories are Falcons MBGT related.. I'd love to try and make it!