Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SamMills51

LB Reuben Foster Tests Positive

46 posts in this topic

Just posting because it may or may not affect his draft stock. Depends on whether you believe his story or not:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000801347/article/alabama-linebacker-reuben-foster-failed-drug-test-at-combine

Last month, Foster was notified that his urine sample obtained in Indianapolis during the combine was reported as dilute. Based on the provisions of the NFL's policy and program for substances of abuse, "this will be treated like a positive test."

cussing his trying few months, Foster disclosed the test results to NFL.com because, he says, "This is something that's going to get out. I don't make excuses. I'm a real dude. I try to be a good person. ... I just hope the coaches understand and that's all I can hope and pray for." Foster has already been on the phone talking with teams telling them himself.

As for why the test came back dilute, Foster explained in detail. He said he was sick before the combine. He was throwing up, had diarrhea, couldn't keep anything down and was cramping. One adviser offered to have a doctor put him on IVs to hydrate, but he didn't want that. He saw a doctor, got some medication and started hydrating himself.

Foster believes it was food poisoning.

"I couldn't eat much, but I had to drink water and Gatorade," said Foster, who began the process as the consensus top linebacker based on his game tape and measurables. "Then a few coaches said something about me being too light. And I'm a coach-pleaser. I don't care what everybody thinks, but I care what coaches think. So I drank and ate as much as I could without throwing up. Then I went in there, drinking and drinking water, trying to flush out my system from whatever was making me sick and trying to keep my weight up and took the test."

The result was the diluted test, Foster says.

And more stress, along with questions about his draft stock. Foster knows this will likely negatively affect where he's selected.

"If it's first round, second round, whoever takes me will get a good football player and an All-Pro," Foster said. "I hope I go on Thursday, but I can't control that."

Bad luck, or something more?

Posted (edited)

Well, he didn't test positive. It was a diluted test sample, meaning he drank an excess amount of water before the test. He said he was sick and was trying to re-hydrate himself and went overboard. But so it remains, he's going to be in the program now. With this, the combine incident, plus some teams flagging his shoulder injury in the medical re-checks he may fall outside the top 10.

Edited by Arkridge

Just now, Arkridge said:

Well, he didn't test positive. It was a diluted test sample, meaning he drank an excess amount of water before the test. He said he was sick and was trying to re-hydrate himself and went overboard. But so it remains, he's going to be in the program now. With this plus some teams flagging his shoulder injury in the medical re-checks, he may fall outside the top 10.

The NFL considers it a positive test. Very likely he's telling the truth, but some may be wary of everything surrounding him.

I'm don't know much about his playing career at Alabama but if no reports of this type of stuff before and how he addressed the diluted test people should give him the benefit of the doubt on it... much better situation to explain and get thru then showing up on social media with a gas mask and a bong...

Well, if he was trying to pull a fast one, he just found out that $hit don't fly with the NFL.

You ain't in Tuscaloosa anymore, bruh.

3 minutes ago, citsalp said:

He's not falling to 31 regardless.

But if he does fall to maybe 18 - 20, time to make a phone call

48 minutes ago, athell said:

Keep slidin' allllllllllllll the way down to 31, Reu!

Imagine Foster and Debo out there...........

Kung-Pow likes this

3 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Imagine Foster and Debo out there...........

It'd be insane but there is no way he falls that far, unfortunately :(

So he gets sent home from the combine... now this chit.  But but but...

Let me repeat, he got himself sent home during the biggest week of his career...the NFL combine!

Then we MUST take his word that his diluted sample was because he was sick and wanted to flush his illness out before his test so he'd feel better...  Regardless, this is considered a positive test & he will spend his first days in the NFL on the substance abuse program with one strike.  

My gosh this dude has some of THE BEST film of any player... a fkg beast!  But but but... he's now managed to have another HUGE setback just 1 week before the actual draft.  WOW, can you say RISKY?

Of course it could all be just crazy bad luck or bad timing... A GM/Owner has to ask himself if he wants to pay 1st round money given the element of risk here. Simple as that.

IF Reuben falls within 10 picks of us we better pull the trigger. Been watching the guy his whole career and he's a bondafide beast. It'd be like having two DeBos out there.

1 hour ago, R_The_Great said:

But if he does fall to maybe 18 - 20, time to make a phone call

I dont see his attitude fitting "the brotherhood" to be honest 

PokerSteve, GreggT and ICD like this

I doubt he'll be a Falcons but if he was would you move Debo to will and play him at Mike after all Deion did as a rookie? Just give me a pass rusher. If he fell into the second though that's a different story.

4 hours ago, Arkridge said:

Well, he didn't test positive. It was a diluted test sample, meaning he drank an excess amount of water before the test. He said he was sick and was trying to re-hydrate himself and went overboard. But so it remains, he's going to be in the program now. With this, the combine incident, plus some teams flagging his shoulder injury in the medical re-checks he may fall outside the top 10.

I can't fall for this... He should've disclosed this before the test lol dude does some kind of drug but it happens. As long as it's not Crack cocaine we'll be alright.