Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FentayeJones

Quinn/TD Pre-Draft Presser Tweets

72 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Butudontseeme™ said:

Thomas Dimitroff: We currently have the 31st pick in draft and we will like a lot of but not many prospects at this spot and probably will move up but likely move back... One thing is for sure, our draft pick will be a male, probably in his early 20s and may be black or white with a possibility of being neither. We really don't like any of the pass rushers in this class but we love 6-8 of them. 

LOL...That's what I read also

3 hours ago, FentayeJones said:

Shout out to the asshats who flipped **** over "official" news 2 weeks ago... y'all look like idiots 

gazoo likes this

3 hours ago, MayorWest13 said:

#Falcons GM Thomas Dimitroff plan to exercise the fifth-year option on LT Jake Matthews. Deal is on the back burner for now.

Thomas Dimitroff said the fifth-year option with Jake Matthews will be addressed eventually but is on the backburner right now.

Good. Jake still needs to earn that 2nd contract. Most likely will.

14 minutes ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

Shout out to the asshats who flipped **** over "official" news 2 weeks ago... y'all look like idiots 

I'm not sure how. 

What was said was that it wasn't Official till it came from an Official source.

The above statement is still correct.

3 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

TD must be on these boards and worrying about making some posters mad with an un-sexy pick at 31...lol

3 hours ago, Da_Truth said:

No, what he's saying is he doesn't give a HECK who these message board draft experts want. :)

3 hours ago, FentayeJones said:

Yep

Seriously. Our picks haven't been "sexy" in the last, what, three drafts? And they've all worked out phenomenally.

At this point, I'll go with whoever TD, Pioli and DQ chooses.

Da_Truth likes this

2 minutes ago, Statick said:

Seriously. Our picks haven't been "sexy" in the last, what, three drafts? And they've all worked out phenomenally.

At this point, I'll go with whoever TD, Pioli and DQ chooses.

Vic was a sexy pick. A lot of people's top pass rusher at 8 is like one grade below qb in sexiness.

2 hours ago, Colin_Pernett said:

Not a fan favorite pick? Sounds like Lamp to me, but I doubt the best offensive lineman on this draft falls to 31. They did talk about trading into the twenties, maybe we will trade up for a guard....

I think Lamp is very much a fan favorite pick on this board. Probably a Safety or TE on the other hand, wouldn't be. 

It seemed like, to me, Peppers is way up their draft board. I am definitely not a personnel/draft guru but is that the right pick for us at 31 or if available top of the 2nd round?

Ish is moving to LB and I am not sure how sold they are on the other safeties on the roster.

From the presser it seems Lamp or Peppers will be our first pick

8 minutes ago, Romfal said:

I think Lamp is very much a fan favorite pick on this board. Probably a Safety or TE on the other hand, wouldn't be. 

On a message board? Yeah Lamp is a fan favorite. To the larger contingent of fans who don't look at this stuff every day and think we need to trade for Richard Sherman, offensive line will never be a fan favorite.

4 minutes ago, Flyin' In DC said:

It seemed like, to me, Peppers is way up their draft board. I am definitely not a personnel/draft guru but is that the right pick for us at 31 or if available top of the 2nd round?

Ish is moving to LB and I am not sure how sold they are on the other safeties on the roster.

From the presser it seems Lamp or Peppers will be our first pick

What gave you that impression?  I had the exact opposite feeling from watching them discuss him.

3 minutes ago, Clark said:

What gave you that impression?  I had the exact opposite feeling from watching them discuss him.

People hear what they want to hear. This thread should make that abundantly clear.

19 minutes ago, Colin_Pernett said:

Vic was a sexy pick. A lot of people's top pass rusher at 8 is like one grade below qb in sexiness.

Other than Vic. The majority of picks after him have been panned from Falcons fans, even Vic was deemed a bust when he didn't rack up double-digit sacks his rookie year.

I think I was one of the very few that actually liked the Neal pick.

One thing I noticed about the pressers is the black backdrop with Mercedes logo instead of red Verizon. I tell ya, the black scheme fits us much better. Looks aggressive and mean. Fingers crossed that it's part of the uniform scheme change to black. 

This makes no sense.

I thought Pioli was  in charge of the draft and TD was relieved of his draft duties per shanghiadirtybird.

If that is true, what  in the world is TD doing up there with Quinn talking about the draft and why isn't Pioli there??

atljbo and kiwifalcon like this

I think they want lamp or bolles or Robinson ... Guys that can play guard and tackle ...

Dan Feeney fits the scheme also

8 hours ago, gazoo said:

This makes no sense.

I thought Pioli was  in charge of the draft and TD was relieved of his draft duties per shanghiadirtybird.

If that is true, what  in the world is TD doing up there with Quinn talking about the draft and why isn't Pioli there??

Gazoo you must have the biggest wooden spoon on the planet lol.

Keeps stirring the pot lol.

Just got a face it man some will just not accept that TD is still at the helm of this ship.

gazoo and Yo_Lover like this

Posted (edited)

57 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Just got a face it man some will just not accept that TD is still at the helm of this ship.

This. Hard for them to look back and admit that they were wrong and that our drafting problems rested solely on Smith and his inability to clearly communicate the types of players he needed. I appreciate what he did for us, but it's beyond obvious that the guy just didnt know what he even wanted to do. His final season, picking up Soliai and Jackson, but staying in a base 4-3 should have been enough to tell people what was really going on.

Edited by RubberDucky
gazoo likes this

6 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

Amen Kiwi

There will be a monumental amount of visual in your face proof that TD is in 100% absolute control of the draft over the next month and that Quinn is having an enormous influence working side by side with him looking at film, going to games together, going to combine and pro days and attending private workouts.

TD has Pioli who unquestionably helps evaluate players just as Bellichick has Ernie Adams, Ozzie Newsome has Eric Decosta.......all GMs have dependable right hand men helping them evaluate over 10,000 college football players and 128 Division I FBS teams.

Its utterly ridiculous to think any one man evaluates all those players  as if it's either TD or Pioli.  

TD has absolute control of the draft by way of final say, we know this to be a fact and even Quinn confirmed this.

kiwifalcon likes this

It would be really interesting to be part of the meeting leading up to a presser like this.  I wonder how specific they are about developing smoke screens or if they just play it by ear.  I have to think they are pretty intentional about what they say and how they say it.

20 hours ago, hjerry said:

I'm not sure how. 

What was said was that it wasn't Official till it came from an Official source.

The above statement is still correct.

Not so much you H. More so the Canuck and a certain Duke who's been bitching over getting banned for spamming the boards who were pissing and moaning over it, obviously it was made known to that source a few weeks ago and she tweeted it. Just goes back to the witch hunt people had over DQ calling plays. I presented sources and all anyone could say is NUH UH! NUH UH! So sorry bout it. Is what it is. 

On 4/20/2017 at 11:19 AM, FentayeJones said:

Top DBs are being paid higher avg salaries than RBs now. Wouldn't be surprised if the Falcons reach for a stud safety in the first.