Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

oztin

Aaron Hernandez commits suicide in prison

168 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Yo_Lover said:

I'm so sorry it's a mental disorder they have no control over. Happy??

You obviously don't know how personality disorders work do you?  Okay, Im seriously done engaging with you.  I took the bait last time, but Im done. 

Flying Falcon likes this

Just now, Knight of God said:

I have written about twenty things and deleted. I don't know what to say.

Same.

The jist of it is, it is a sad situation for all involved, especially for his daughter, but dude killed someone so I am having a hard time finding compassion for him personally.

2 hours ago, high impact said:

Sorry about this whole story. None of this should have happened. All of us have to be held accountable for the decisions we make in life. If people stop blaming others for the problems they have and just look at themselves.

It is nice to have at least one person to help. Just how many times do we see those same people say no one would help me. Only to find out they turned away those that offered and took the path of least resistance. How many times do you here I don't need your help. I will just do it my way. Then when it all catches up with them. They cry and say no one was willing to help me. You first have to help yourself and be open to getting help.

Agreed! I work amongst thousands of teens and I tell them about life lessons everyday. I hear the exact same things you point out. Ultimately it's their decisions without thinking of the consequences that does them in. They can't say they were not warned.  

high impact likes this

49 minutes ago, Clark said:

You obviously don't know how personality disorders work do you?  Okay, Im seriously done engaging with you.  I took the bait last time, but Im done. 

Are you serious? Most people don't and then those who do, still don't.

Ovie_Lover likes this

1 minute ago, Knight of God said:

Are you serious? Most people don't and then those who do, still don't.

You proved my point for me.  Personality disorders are not like medical conditions.  Most of them are untreatable and rely solely on the individual's actions and desire to change.  When you have someone like Hernandez, who shows no desire to change, there really is no helping him.

PokerSteve and Knight of God like this

4 minutes ago, Clark said:

You proved my point for me.  Personality disorders are not like medical conditions.  Most of them are untreatable and rely solely on the individual's actions and desire to change.  When you have someone like Hernandez, who shows no desire to change, there really is no helping him.

CANNOT be treated. Then there are levels, environment, certain ones you may be born with, then its on and on and on. Man, I know a couple of psychopaths, a few sociopaths (I NEVER associate with), borderlines, the list goes on and on. I have LAUGHED when people have pointed at someone they do not like and say, "psychopath" because chances are...they are not. The person pointing may be histrionic though. Its a real mess.

I believe Hernandez to be a sociopath with narcissistic histrionic disorder.

EDIT: I wasn't arguing with you.

Ovie_Lover likes this

Pardon the source (Fox), but this is a great article written by a forensic psychiatrist in 2013. It basically says everyone in this thread is right. He almost certainly wasn't born bad. He did endure tragic circumstances. Having your head pounded on by football during your youth can do bad things to the brain. Add bad choices on top of all of this and we are all correct. None of his "circumstances" either dictated or caused his demise. His choices combined with all of factors did, however, make the end sadly predictable.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/04/19/inside-mind-aaron-hernandez.html

Knight of God likes this

1 minute ago, falcndave said:

Pardon the source (Fox), but this is a great article written by a forensic psychiatrist in 2013. It basically says everyone in this thread is right. He almost certainly wasn't born bad. He did endure tragic circumstances. Having your head pounded on by football during your youth can do bad things to the brain. Add bad choices on top of all of this and we are all correct. None of his "circumstances" either dictated or caused his demise. His choices combined with all of factors did, however, make the end sadly predictable.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/04/19/inside-mind-aaron-hernandez.html

Spot on.

EDIT: Even a psychopath (born that way) can make good choices. You would never know.

2 hours ago, Yo_Lover said:

So the players who have head injuries that lead to suicide, is that their fault? 

Comparing depression/suicide to cold blooded murder due to CTE is not even remotely close. To quote Samuel L. Jackson in Pulp Fiction "it aint in the same ******* ball park, it aint in the same league.  It aint even the same ******* sport."

26 minutes ago, Pape said:

The story of Aaron Hernandez is a complicated one. Its also a sad story anyway you look at it.

A little insight into Hernandez can be found in a story by Sports Illustrated. If you have the desire to get a little glimpse into his life, this story is a good read. Doesnt explain it all, but, as i said, it offers a little insight from one who would know

https://www.si.com/longform/2016/aaron-hernandez-brother-dj-hernandez/

Having to take breaks man. This hurts to read. Too much this week already. A lot I already knew about him. Especially from the beginning. I know there is WAY more to it than what is said on the news. It literally hurts to read. Tragic.

Slappywhite and Vandy like this

**** of a player man I feel for his daughter, can't really speak on the crime because no one really knows why he did what he did and I'm not here to judge anyone

quickzero likes this

11 minutes ago, YoungHeezy said:

Folks find humor in anything. Not everything is a joke. Smh. Where's the humor in anyone losing their life? Regardless of why. 

Its not funny at all. I don't find any humor in it. The entire situation is sad.

2 hours ago, Clark said:

Then please educate me wise one.

1 hour ago, Knight of God said:

CANNOT be treated. Then there are levels, environment, certain ones you may be born with, then its on and on and on. Man, I know a couple of psychopaths, a few sociopaths (I NEVER associate with), borderlines, the list goes on and on. I have LAUGHED when people have pointed at someone they do not like and say, "psychopath" because chances are...they are not. The person pointing may be histrionic though. Its a real mess.

I believe Hernandez to be a sociopath with narcissistic histrionic disorder.

EDIT: I wasn't arguing with you.

Spot on in my opinion.  Antisocial personality disorder with narcissistic tendencies.  I have worked for several years in a maximum security setting (a State Security Hospital) and was in charge of a unit that housed individuals who were charged with crimes but were being evaluated for their competency to stand trial.  Needless to say, I have seen all sorts of individuals come through the unit from extremely schizophrenic to basic personality disorders.  The truly psychotic individuals are much easier to deal with compared to someone with, say, antiscocial personality disorder.  Those are the guys who know exactly what they are doing; they often break the rules but take no responsibility, manipulate other patients, in particular the lower functioning ones, try to manipulate staff, etc.  They are very tough people to work with and I feel Mr. Hernandez would easily fit that diagnosis to a T.

1 hour ago, Knight of God said:

I have written about twenty things and deleted. I don't know what to say.

1 hour ago, athell said:

Same.

The jist of it is, it is a sad situation for all involved, especially for his daughter, but dude killed someone so I am having a hard time finding compassion for him personally.

I hate what he did. But at the same time this was a human being. Every life is precious and a gift. It's sad he felt the need to take his away. 

And I refuse to judge a man when it's not my place or beyond my knowledge. (Being I have no idea what his life was like, his mental health, etc)

13 minutes ago, Birdy Dird said:

A murdering scumbag takes the coward's way out and you want us all sit down and cry about it? I'm glad he is dead. If you kill someone, you deserve to die in my opinion

Here's another one. NFL injury report - Aaron Hernandez (neck) out indefinitely. 

Nah, I'd rather you shut up about it.

And your opinion is your opinion, don't mind me because I **** sure didn't ask you for it.

1 minute ago, Yo_Lover said:

I hate what he did. But at the same time this was a human being. Every life is precious and a gift. It's sad he felt the need to take his away. 

And I refuse to judge a man when it's not my place or beyond my knowledge. (Being I have no idea what his life was like, his mental health, etc)

So was Odin Lloyd.  So was Robert Godwin.  Aaron Hernandez and Steve Stephens took it into their own hands to no longer have those men as human beings on this planet.

I get what you are saying, and life is special and is a gift, which is why I have no sympathy for people who take that gift away from others.  Mental health or not, these men embodied pure evil so it's hard for me to care at all about anyone other than the families of these troubled souls and the families of those lives they prematurely took.