Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
D.B.N.

Voch Lombardi film session: Jordan Willis

131 posts in this topic

Not sure if posted already but after watching this breakdown I feel way better about potentially selecting Willis at 31. Natural pressure guy, with great hand usage. I feel under Quinn would turn this guy a monster not to mention he had good combine #s

It's funny that he says he's a technique guy with poor athleticism when really he has great athleticism. He moves fast in the field as he pointed out when he chased down the running back, but he really doesn't look like it. Willis himself said its cause of the way he's built that makes him appear slower. He is the strangest pass rushing prospect I've seen with elite testing and production and people say his tape doesn't match. He's gotten great recommendations from his coaches though and seems like a hard worker. I'd love to have a player with good technique and all that athleticism with a good head on his shoulders paired with Quinn. I think he will be a stud here.

2 minutes ago, Colin_Pernett said:

It's funny that he says he's a technique guy with poor athleticism when really he has great athleticism. He moves fast in the field as he pointed out when he chased down the running back, but he really doesn't look like it. Willis himself said its cause of the way he's built that makes him appear slower. He is the strangest pass rushing prospect I've seen with elite testing and production and people say his tape doesn't match. He's gotten great recommendations from his coaches though and seems like a hard worker. I'd love to have a player with good technique and all that athleticism with a good head on his shoulders paired with Quinn. I think he will be a stud here.

Honestly bro this video completely changed my perception of Willis. He has what it takes to excel at the next level. His hand usage is great and I agree about the athleticism he is a great athlete. Combine #s were crazy good too 

Quinn knows his s*** and if Willis is his guy I support it 100% 

Posted (edited)

8 minutes ago, D.B.N. said:

Honestly bro this video completely changed my perception of Willis. He has what it takes to excel at the next level. His hand usage is great and I agree about the athleticism he is a great athlete. Combine #s were crazy good too 

Quinn knows his s*** and if Willis is his guy I support it 100% 

Definitely a culture fit which I think matters a ton. Last year around this time I figured Keanu would be the pick because I read something about how good of a dude he was. Reading Snyder's opinion of him convinced me that's Willis is he guy. Look at Our first rounders since 2011: Julio, Tru, Matthews, Vic, and Keanu. Every one of them has a soft spoken personality and have absolutely zero off the field concerns. Look what building the brotherhood culture did for this team. Willis would fit right in. Coincidentally him and Keanu both landed at 27 on my board, but with culture in scheme factored in I loved the Keanu pick and will love the Willis pick if it happens.

Edited by Colin_Pernett
Kung-Pow and D.B.N. like this

30 minutes ago, Colin_Pernett said:

I didn't see 4.53 40 speed whenhe was chasing down people and I didn't see consistent get off or that 1.54 explosiveness either.I was expecting him to come off the ball like being shot out of a cannon.

What I like the most about was his hands and his feet working together and the fact he can bullrush and counter in sync when a certain move I see taken away.I liked that.

Not many rushers have that down coming in.

I thought Carl Lawson had the most voilent hands out of all the prospects coming in Willis is right there with him and he plays with great extension to use those hands when he bull rushes.Only seen that with McDowell and Lawson really the use of arm extension and leverage to keep OT/Gs off him.

Also liked Willis on Stunts his timing and setting up the OT is on point Voch was right in that respect he may not be a big sack guy but if you want heat off the edge and moving a guy off the spot I think Willis could be our guy.

Like to admit here aswell my first impression of this guy was way off digging deeper I saw the light.

13 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Also liked Willis on Stunts his timing and setting up the OT is on point Voch was right in that respect he may not be a big sack guy but if you want heat of fire the edge and moving a guy off the spot I think Willis could be our guy.

Willis bringing heat off the edge with reigning NFL sack-leader Vic Beasley on the other side is a great pass rushing tandem. 

17 minutes ago, Colin_Pernett said:

Definitely a culture fit which I think matters a ton. Last year around this time I figured Keanu would be the pick because I read something about how good of a dude he was. Reading Snyder's opinion of him convinced me that's Willis is he guy. Look at Our first rounders since 2011: Julio, Tru, Matthews, Vic, and Keanu. Every one of them has a soft spoken personality and have absolutely zero off the field concerns. Look what building the brotherhood culture did for this team. Willis would fit right in. Coincidentally him and Keanu both landed at 27 on my board, but with culture in scheme factored in I loved the Keanu pick and will love the Willis pick if it happens.

Extremely hard worker and exactly what the Brotherhood is looking for. I love the idea of a Willis - Beasley pass rushing tandem  

1 minute ago, BIRDLAND 2.0 said:

Like to watch Voch's analysis of Baker and Evans, on a side note since both were interviewed.

There's been a lot of buzz lately about Willis and the Falcons. We've interviewed what 7 or 8 DEs to like 3 Safety's with the only first round safety talent being Baker. This leads me to believe DE will be taken in the first with a possibility of G in the second and FS in the 3rd-4th 

atlbaby likes this

Did Willis drop 15-20lbs for combine?  He looks a h3LLuva lot bigger than 255lbs to me.  If I did not know, I would guess 270 lbs by looking at this tape.

3 minutes ago, D.B.N. said:

Willis bringing heat off the edge with reigning NFL sack-leader Vic Beasley on the other side is a great pass rushing tandem. 

Yes he could well be **** here's me thinking I had a picture of what and who and this guy turns up lol banging head on table lol.

atlbaby and RedandBlack4ever like this

Just now, g-dawg said:

Did Willis drop 15-20lbs for combine?  He looks a h3LLuva lot bigger than 255lbs to me.  If I did not know, I would guess 270 lbs by looking at this tape.

I believe he said his playing weight was 258. Ill try to find the quote but he said he feels like he could move the same 10 lbs heavier.

Just now, Colin_Pernett said:

I believe he said his playing weight was 258. Ill try to find the quote but he said he feels like he could move the same 10 lbs heavier.

he just looks a lot bigger than that.

Colin_Pernett likes this

1 minute ago, D.B.N. said:

There's been a lot of buzz lately about Willis and the Falcons. We've interviewed what 7 or 8 DEs to like 3 Safety's with the only first round safety talent being Baker. This leads me to believe DE will be taken in the first with a possibility of G in the second and FS in the 3rd-4th 

My preference: Baker/Rivers 1, Rivers/Evans 2.

Just now, g-dawg said:

he just looks a lot bigger than that.

Oh I agree which is what makes him a strange eval. He looks like a different player than he plays and he plays like a different player than he tests.

Just now, Colin_Pernett said:

Oh I agree which is what makes him a strange eval. He looks like a different player than he plays and he plays like a different player than he tests.

finally found something we could agree on.

Colin_Pernett likes this

5 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Get back to work

RedandBlack4ever, Romfal and g-dawg like this

To me, #31 is too rich for a Base SDE.   I would rather have a prototype Base SDE like Tanoh Kpassagnon in 2nd round who has more size than Willis.   Neither of them will be double-digit sack guys - and neither look to be anything more than a SDE.

You can get Kpass in 2nd round and probably have to take Willis at #31(apparently).   Would rather get a Rivers, Watt or Tim Williams(if on our draft board) at #31 and a Kpass at #63.

Willis looks like a good pro but - Just a guy.  I could be wrong - would not be the first time, but I just don't see all the love.....think there are more upside passrushers available at #31.   

Having said that, if we get Jordan Willis - I will support it - because I know DQ knows 1,000x more about it than me.

11 minutes ago, The Great American said:

I'm sorry but who is Voch Lombardi?

Go to his YouTube channel and take a look

6 minutes ago, The Great American said:

I did and that did not answer my question.

He breaks down draft prospects