Nolan Nawrocki's NFL Draft Preview - "Scout's Take" - Safeties/select CBs

8 hours ago, MSalmon said:

I don't like his physicality if he's going to be a SS. THat's also why I do not see him as an OLB. He's more a technically sound guy in tackling--that's fine for a FS in our scheme. He'll make the tackle. THat's really all that's asked of our FS--that means he's not an Earl Thomas-the same can be said of Marcus Williams btw. If the Falcons want that they need to move up for Jamal Adams or nab Marcus Maye. Adams is closer to the Earl do it all; and Maye is a poor man's Adams.

So I only see him as a FS who can play single high or a cb

Your talking Obi right.

If your talking Williams yep single high all day.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, MSalmon said:

Hey, Maye in either 2nd or 3rd is fine by me. I love the kid. He's like a heat seeking missile and he does have nice range and coverage skills. He's better than Rico. You know that I love me some Obi--but i'm great with Maye, as well.

Peppers is enticing. I've watched a ton of him lately because of @Knight of God who messed with my mind and challenged me to re-think my stance on him. Dude, he's got range. Lots of range. There is a clip of him (I think Slick GaDawg posted it) where he is at the line of scrimmage in the middle of the field. Reads a pass and runs at least 10 yards to the right hand hash mark and breaks up a pass--that is fantastic range! I mean he was fast and showed great instincts. You can work with that type of range and instincts. I agree with KOG and you, that he could settle in very nicely as a FS that you could use as nb depending on matchups when you wanted.

So if we grab Jabril at #31 or move up slightly, i'm not whining in the least.

I don't see Peppers as a FS, but I do think he and Neal could co-exist out there and get it done with our suburb corners. Plus, I wouldn't  put it past Quinn to play Rico too with 3 safeties out there at same time. 

On 4/15/2017 at 5:07 PM, g-dawg said:

the more I study this draft - the less certain I am of anything.  DE, FS, TE, OG, LB - almost everything is in play

You know for certain we are drafting OL, DL, and S...just no idea who we value, where we like players, etc.

Do whatever in the draft to end up with:

Chris Wormley (LDE, 3T), Marcus Williams (FS), and Derek Rivers/Jordan Willis (LEO)....then get whatever OL in late rounds to compete at RG and swing OT....

I thank there going that way but Baker can play 2 spots and he is fast. But Williams is a perfect fit for our D. I wanted to take Neal in round 2 last year we took him becouse they wanted him in rd 1. But we are picking 31 this year. if they moved up for the kid from the Ohio State im game.

Edited by JJC28
1 hour ago, Matt_The Iceman_Ryan said:

You know for certain we are drafting OL, DL, and S...just no idea who we value, where we like players, etc.

Do whatever in the draft to end up with:

Chris Wormley (LDE, 3T), Marcus Williams (FS), and Derek Rivers/Jordan Willis (LEO)....then get whatever OL in late rounds to compete at RG and swing OT....

FWIW, we also met with OJ Howard and worked out Evan Engram.

18 hours ago, g-dawg said:

FWIW, we also met with OJ Howard and worked out Evan Engram.

Yea, but we have 4 TEs under contract going into the season....we have 2 OTs and 3 S, so we know we are adding players there...TE is a luxury if the player falls....

I think the Howard, Engram interest is smoke to get folks off our Willis scent...

Jordan Willis is going to be a Falcon unless drafted in the Top 20...and folks need to get on board with that thought....

8 minutes ago, Matt_The Iceman_Ryan said:

Yea, but we have 4 TEs under contract going into the season....we have 2 OTs and 3 S, so we know we are adding players there...TE is a luxury if the player falls....

I think the Howard, Engram interest is smoke to get folks off our Willis scent...

Jordan Willis is going to be a Falcon unless drafted in the Top 20...and folks need to get on board with that thought....

It's not working very well if random message boarder sees right through it. I would think it's not that simple.

8 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

It's not working very well if random message boarder sees right through it. I would think it's not that simple.

Sure, Falcons are doing their homework, but to move up in draft for OJ Howard with 4 TEs currently on the roster seems like a major stretch to me...unless he falls into the teens (14-18)? Engram is more possible, but Im just not sure Falcons will pull the trigger unless no one on defense and Lamp are all off the board...

The Howard connection is straight outta Sarkisian....

16 hours ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

On the other hand message boarders see through the 'smoke' of nfl rigging and the bridge collapse/illuminati conspiracy too. Somebody's always going to suspect everything.