With couple of weeks left, predict who will Pioli select in the 1st?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, ShanghaiDirtyBird said:

Everyone gets so serious about TD. The guy has won some and lost some like every GM. He's been well above average at managing the cap. I really believe that Pioli might have final say on the draft picks, I just like getting some of these guys panties in a wad

I gotcha man.  But I knew you were jabbin' a little:D

Image result for gifs of jabbing

44 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

I think it will be Lamp or Rivers most likely, with outside shot of Budda.   We would stay put and take Lamp, might move out of first round to take Rivers/Budda.

Watch out for Steelers nabbing Rivers - they like him, too.

If its Lamp I hope I actually work that day. It wont be worth the money i lose staying at home.

11 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

If its Lamp I hope I actually work that day. It wont be worth the money i lose staying at home.

what time do you get off work?  Falcons picking at #31, I doubt they will be on clock until almost midnight......About a 33% chance Falcons trade that pick back into Friday anyway.

Don't sweat it.  I  believe the more likely scenario is Falcons drafting Dorian Johnson/Dan Feeney @ #63 or Danny Isidora @ #95 anyway.

1 hour ago, Knight of God said:

Me as well.

Want to really ruin our day? Falcons have met with Lamp twice, right? But he most likely won't fall to 31 either. Would it really shock us ...knowing TD's history.....if they expend a day 2 draft pick to move up and grab him?

4 hours ago, ShanghaiDirtyBird said:

I am continuously shocked at how many of you want to use our first round pick on a guard. Mouth to the floor.

Umm I wanna keep matt from having to run for his life you would think ppl would have had enough of watching that soo yeah I'm on board the guard in the first train if it comes down to that.

2 hours ago, Vandy said:

Me as well.

Want to really ruin our day? Falcons have met with Lamp twice, right? But he most likely won't fall to 31 either. Would it really shock us ...knowing TD's history.....if they expend a day 2 draft pick to move up and grab him?

I've seriously considered that this scenario is a strong possibility as well. And I hate it...It would most likely take our 3rd rounder to move up and grab him...Just...yuck.

2 hours ago, RoddyWhite84 said:

Umm I wanna keep matt from having to run for his life you would think ppl would have had enough of watching that soo yeah I'm on board the guard in the first train if it comes down to that.

Agree, but a guy like Budda doesn't happen every year, perfect for an aggressive deep Safety. If ICE can be protected by a premier C/G in 3rd, why not go for him then? I agree on the need, but not at first. Chris Chester wasn't a weak link in the playoffs or SB, despite allowing second most hurries of an O lineman , NE Chris Thuney was 1st. 

24 minutes ago, BIRDLAND 2.0 said:

Agree, but a guy like Budda doesn't happen every year, perfect for an aggressive deep Safety. If ICE can be protected by a premier C/G in 3rd, why not go for him then? I agree on the need, but not at first. Chris Chester wasn't a weak link in the playoffs or SB, despite allowing second most hurries of an O lineman , NE Chris Thuney was 1st. 

I'm all for it being addressed in the first couple of rounds and don't get me wrong I want a defensive playmaker with the first two pics but I also know regardless the QB is the heart of any team..doesn't matter how good he is or how good the weapons are around him if he's constantly on his ***..a defendant I've seen matt take more uncessary hits because the u describe in front of him were subpar to last a lifetime..

Edited by RoddyWhite84
12 minutes ago, RoddyWhite84 said:

I'm all for it being addressed in the first couple of rounds and don't get me wrong I want a defensive playmaker with the first two pics but I also know regardless the QB is the heart of any team..doesn't matter how good he is or how good the weapons are around him if he's constantly on his ***..a defendant I've seen matt take more uncessary hits because the u describe in front of him were subpar to last a lifetime..

Agree. Mack was best acquisition last year--and he's 31?.

18 hours ago, ShanghaiDirtyBird said:

I trust Pioli and DQ. I'm predicting they pick Baker.

We are so very fortunate to have Pioli and DQ. Drafting has been much much better with those guys aboard. I'm not sure if it's a collective effort or if one of the two deserves the credit, but no doubt something's changed since they got here. TD definitely struggled acquiring defensive talent and depth across the board. The main thing is ITS working now......

6 hours ago, g-dawg said:

what time do you get off work?  Falcons picking at #31, I doubt they will be on clock until almost midnight......About a 33% chance Falcons trade that pick back into Friday anyway.

Don't sweat it.  I  believe the more likely scenario is Falcons drafting Dorian Johnson/Dan Feeney @ #63 or Danny Isidora @ #95 anyway.

I agree unless they thank there is a day 1 starter there. I hope we go fs at 31 there are going to be some stud there. Do not thank they take a DE or LB at 31 just dont. And if we do not take a ol in first 2 rds they already fill good about what they have now. There is 5 round 1 FS and there going to go. Just hope we get 1 of them. I would take lamp if he falls to us but not going to happen.