We have a believer; I'm so impressed with this dude

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

53 minutes ago, ParanoidAndroid said:

I've tried to block memories of the SB from my memory but I do recall Ryan mouthing something once he got to the sideline along the lines of "Run the ****ing ball".  Someone may have the gif but that that was all I needed to see to know whom to blame.   

I've heard that as well but I really would like to see it quoted or at least the GIF. This article insists that Ryan did not agree with the situational, game changing play calling but that he can only do so much. It also implies that he could not audible out of a bad play if he saw it coming. What is everyone else getting from the article?

20 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Man you have to mention Smoltz, or chipper just out of respect to the 90s, anda Ga team that finally didn't choke.

When I think of the Braves, and there title run, and who was most productive I think of Glavine and Maddux. Chipper didn't play on the championship team, and was really more apart of the choking that followed after that. Smoltz was solid but, injuries kept him from being able to get the team over the top. Then there were a lot of roll players that did good things too.

1 hour ago, Xfactor said:

Well the defense was on the field the entire second half so you had plenty of time to talk about it

Not the entire 2nd half.

The Falcons did have a scoring drive in the 2nd half and then they did get into field goal range on another drive...

43 minutes ago, 4dabirds said:

When I think of the Braves, and there title run, and who was most productive I think of Glavine and Maddux. Chipper didn't play on the championship team, and was really more apart of the choking that followed after that. Smoltz was solid but, injuries kept him from being able to get the team over the top. Then there were a lot of roll players that did good things too.

I loved Maddox the best.  He was like a scientist on the mound.  Masterful, yet unbecoming physically.  Great competitor.

I heard Chipper has a new book out and it gives some nice insight and comedy about the team.  I think Deion was one of his favorite players.  He talks about how he admired Sheffield as well.  

3 hours ago, ParanoidAndroid said:

I've tried to block memories of the SB from my memory but I do recall Ryan mouthing something once he got to the sideline along the lines of "Run the ****ing ball".  Someone may have the gif but that that was all I needed to see to know whom to blame.   

Exactly...I bet if that scenario ever occurs again, Matt will have the intelligence and the testicular fortitude to take the snap, take a knee, and let our kicker come in and ice the game...OC be dammmmmmmned!!!!

16 minutes ago, Jumpin Jehosaphat said:

Exactly...I bet if that scenario ever occurs again, Matt will have the intelligence and the testicular fortitude to take the snap, take a knee, and let our kicker come in and ice the game...OC be dammmmmmmned!!!!

First of all , welcome to Board. Second, one of TOP 5 posts of the new year! I truly hope so. 

4 hours ago, BCEagleATLFalcon said:

I still believe this is the guy who's going to bring the Falcons their first ring.

Agreed. Him and Dan Quinn together, Ryan finally has a coach that knows how to support his QB with a defense. Ryan can give you the points, Quinn keeps you from getting points. All HAIL QUINN. 

4 hours ago, 4dabirds said:

Chipper was on the Championship team. Four 1st ballot Hall of Farmers, a HoF GM and HoF manager. I'm sure ill never see that kind of talent together on one team again for the rest of my life. As a kid I completely took the 90s Braves for granted. Just as I'll probably one day realize I took Matt and Julio for granted.

wohlers-lopez-jones-99f58dd6646d009c.jpg