MACK2THEFUTURE

drinkers only
Energy Drinks Reviews

20 posts in this topic

hey yall. hoot and hollar because this is the energy drinks thread you've been keeping your eye out for:

• Answer the following:

1. Do you know the oxymoron of the energy drink moniker? hint: "energy" drink
  2. Name your currently preferred energy drink of choice.
  3. Name your historical first energy drink of choice.
  4. Any deals you're currently on.

Ill post mine in reply format

well ill start for all the drinkers out there

1. yes I do I asked that question

2. Currently I'd have to go with coffee, brewed by hand in my kitchen

3. Monster, started drinking on it back in college

4. There's 99 cent Rockstars at my local Walmart. Steal of a deal

I think I killed my liver drinking Monster and Rip It in the Army, especially on convoys in Iraq. Continued drinking Monstet after I got out and it actually started causing some health problems. I quit drinking energy drinks about a year ago and noticed a pretty quick improvement. I don't even take the free ones they hand out sometimes. Only exception has been on a couple of road trips, I bought a single Red Bull for the road.

Never been a coffee drinker. It actually grosses me out for the most part. Even chocolate covered coffee beans.

My favorite was this energy drink that was only available in certain places. It was called Lost, I believe. Disappeared from where I was at shortly after Monster blew up, but I liked it a lot more.

Weird thread lol

MACK2THEFUTURE likes this

3 minutes ago, Carter said:

Weird thread lol

I have a Rip It opened sitting on my desk right now haha, can't beat 99 cents. I thought I lucked out finding a rare drink. But yeah since I swapped to coffee I've had much better well-being, less sugar crash and easier on the insides without all that carbonation... plus it gets the occasional accolade from the health research community...

49 minutes ago, MACK2THEFUTURE said:

I have a Rip It opened sitting on my desk right now haha, can't beat 99 cents. I thought I lucked out finding a rare drink. But yeah since I swapped to coffee I've had much better well-being, less sugar crash and easier on the insides without all that carbonation... plus it gets the occasional accolade from the health research community...

We would have cases of Rip It given to us by our supply sergeant. I guess whoever makes Rip It would give a ton of it to the military, I don't really know, but we had it on every single convoy we did.

I actually just looked it up and found that the Pentagon banned the drink last year and have been actively encouraging soldiers to drink less caffeine. That's hilarious to me... they ran us for days at a time on deployment (no other option really) and loaded us up with caffeine. It definitely caused some problems for me. I'm glad it was nothing permanent at least.

I rarely drink them, but that Red Line is a beast.

I figure if I am gonna destroy my liver I might as well do it with scotch and cognac 

Carter likes this

I drink monster daily when I work

i only drink monster lo carb or absolute zero. I cannot drink any other flavors of monster or any other energy drink

first obsession was rockstars..

im about to try to switch to bulletproof coffee to get my caffine bc monster is killing me lol I literally only drink it for the taste.. doesn't even give me energy 

Monster zero ultra. It's the white one. Doesn't really do a whole lot but it tastes nice lol. 

As far as prices go always buy in bulk at Walmart. 

3 hours ago, WOR said:

Monster zero ultra. It's the white one. Doesn't really do a whole lot but it tastes nice lol. 

As far as prices go always buy in bulk at Walmart. 

Try ultra violet. Thank me later

I work for Coke so I'm obligated to to Monster, NOS or Full throttle. Monster pipeline punch is the best sugar drink out as far as energy drinks are concerned. NOS is ok, NOS rowdy is ok (fruit punch), Monster Ballers Blend is ok too. 

I don't drink very many energy drinks any more but those are the ones I like the most. Good ole coffee is hard to beat  

45 minutes ago, Butudontseeme™ said:

Try ultra violet. Thank me later

I work for Coke so I'm obligated to to Monster, NOS or Full throttle. Monster pipeline punch is the best sugar drink out as far as energy drinks are concerned. NOS is ok, NOS rowdy is ok (fruit punch), Monster Ballers Blend is ok too. 

I don't drink very many energy drinks any more but those are the ones I like the most. Good ole coffee is hard to beat  

Really? I'll have to get one tomorrow 

I hated the pipeline punch. But I can't really stand the taste of regular monsters now, and that's part of my issue with PP. You can just feel the insane amounts of sugar. They're like the sandpaper equivalent for drinks Imo. I've found the ultras to be very smooth in comparison. 

30 minutes ago, WOR said:

Really? I'll have to get one tomorrow 

I hated the pipeline punch. But I can't really stand the taste of regular monsters now, and that's part of my issue with PP. You can just feel the insane amounts of sugar. They're like the sandpaper equivalent for drinks Imo. I've found the ultras to be very smooth in comparison. 

The sweetness is why I like the PP. LOL.  The ultras are smooth though. Except citron... yuck. Violet and Ultra zero are the best but ultra black and blue are ok... I don't think I've ever tried there sunrise, come to think of it

I remember my first time ever having an energy drink.  I was driving across country from Georgia to Sacramento.  I had started earlier the day before at El Paso and drove to Los Angeles.  Got a flat tire at 3am and had to wait til almost 6 am because I was in a bad area of town.  Then I drove to Bakersfield and was exhausted.  I believe I had been on the road for over 17 hours straight.  So i am in this gas station and the guy says man you should try Red Bull so I did.. bought 10 of them and would knock one down every so many hours.  It kept me going from Bakersfield to Sacramento and then I was able to unbox my entire truck of furniture with a friend and take back the uhaul.  So I get a dinner and start unboxing and then just drop falling to the couch.  I slept for I think for 17 hours.  Anyways a few years ago I would drink Monster sometimes daily, but I quit that.  Now I will drink Celsius (just love it)  and if I really need a kick and a preworkout I drink Bang (which tastes great and love the kick I get from it).

Like BO and Carter, not a coffee drinker or big on energy drinks. 

With that being said, On roadtrips, I will have 1 or 2 Monster/Monster Ultra to get me through. 

I used to drink Monster fairly regularly in high school and college. I hated coffee, still do, so that was my de facto pick me up. I stopped doing that when I drank a BFC before a Falcons game that was particularly stressful to watch and there were some noticeable health effects due to the energy drink and the Falcons doing their second half nonsense. Now it's limited to if I'm exhausted but have to power through a project or some boring **** I'm forced to go to.

Carter and MACK2THEFUTURE like this

I like the Monster Java's but otherwise don't touch the stuff anymore. I like coffee but it ****s up my stomach for the rest of the morning and I have to find a place to sneak a fart or something :ninja: 

Used to grab the Rooster Boosters from QT in high school.

Now days I just drink a gatorade.

Krogers down the street has 8-packs (fridge pack) of NOS on sale for 9.99 right now, just a DoJ Heads up for you Drinkers out there

On 4/12/2017 at 8:30 PM, MACK2THEFUTURE said:

hey yall. hoot and hollar because this is the energy drinks thread you've been keeping your eye out for:

• Answer the following:

1. Do you know the oxymoron of the energy drink moniker? hint: "energy" drink
  2. Name your currently preferred energy drink of choice.
  3. Name your historical first energy drink of choice.
  4. Any deals you're currently on.

Ill post mine in reply format

1.  Nope

2. Coffee, but when I was racing, and really focused, I'd splurge on Cytomax for preride and ride, and Endurox for Recovery (which was super tasty)

3. Exceed was the first post Gatorade energy drink that made the scene.  My team had some very fast juniors, the "development team" that got sponsored Exceed and Power Bars when they FIRST came out.  I raced on Cherry Coke and Pop Tarts.  I joked that it was for the Developmentally Disabled Team.  It wasn't that funny then. 

It was a LOT less funny when, 25 years later,  a few guys from my LItespeed BMW team showed up for a charity ride.  It was in Chattanooga, home of Litespeed, and it was a GREAT event for a GREAT cause.  But there was a big race going on that the heavy hitters were at.  On a lark, I showed up with pop tarts for all the guys doing the race.  I explained the whole thing from my old team and the developmentally disabled thing cause we were slumming it at the charity ride.  Of course, someone hovereard the wrong part of the story, it got back to my team manager, and he was REALLY upset.  Oops.

4.  No racing.  No team.  No deals.  Supersized Gatorade powder and Coffee K Cups at Costco.