Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FentayeJones

Ryan interview from "Camp Brotherhood"

38 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Vandy said:

You don't think a Montana or Brady calls a timeout in that obvious run the ball and then kick a FG situation? You don't think MVP Matt had earned that same cred to do that too?

Look, I blame Quinn 10x more than Ryan and even more than Shanny.......but truth is we lost our composure out there, you could see it in so many other things as well. Bottom line....Somebody should have called a timeout and talked it over. 

Maybe Montana but not Brady. It's not about cred or what somebody has earned tbh. I just think in the moment that's not the thought process.

You go the whole season saying to trust the process and have worked with what you and the OC has accomplished. It works the whole season and then to expect him or anybody to all of a sudden question it is hindsight. 

Do I wish he had called a timeout? Absolutely!

Do I expect him to? Heck no!

When you have expectations is when you statt seeing fault thrown around. 

gazoo, 0 for 51 and Jerz like this

2 hours ago, JayOzOne said:

It's so teams cannot compel players to work during the off periods. The CBA doesn't allow teams to pressure them into extra work or discipline players who don't participate. That being said, it would be an unfair advantage if some OCs and players willingly collaborated.

Unfair to who?   Many teams have played the same system with the same OC - so don't THEY have the unfair advantage over the team getting a new OC because the old one moved on with a promotion (which is also an NFL rule - they must let them go) or was let go for whatever reason?

How can the QB talking with a new OC be an unfair advantage over teams playing in the same system and already being familiar with the X's and O's?

0 for 51 likes this

1 hour ago, ATLFalcons11 said:

Maybe Montana but not Brady. It's not about cred or what somebody has earned tbh. I just think in the moment that's not the thought process.

You go the whole season saying to trust the process and have worked with what you and the OC has accomplished. It works the whole season and then to expect him or anybody to all of a sudden question it is hindsight. 

Do I wish he had called a timeout? Absolutely!

Do I expect him to? Heck no!

When you have expectations is when you statt seeing fault thrown around. 

Man, I respect your opinion, but could not disagree more. I do agree everyone on Falcons got caught up "in the moment", that's why we lost, but champions don't let themselves do that. 

It's everyone's job....Quinn's most of all, Shanny too of course  but also Ryan's as well...to not get caught up "in the moment" but to think about the situation you're at in the game. That's why coaches and QBs are paid millions, to make those crucial decisions in crucial moments in games.  

To your other point I disagree with, the 'trust the process that got us here' excuse I've heard both Quinn and Shanny allude to ....an organization has  got to have more common football sense and 'range' than to be that simpleton to not be able to make different decisions when the situation dictates you do so  .......passing the ball when a FG wins it with minutes left in game is a "WTF are we doing here?" moment, and you call a time out and discuss it with the coaches. ****, I played with both college QBs and even high school QBs who knew to do that in such a situation. 

They froze. 

ATLFalcons11 likes this

1 minute ago, Vandy said:

Man, I respect your opinion, but could not disagree more. I agree everyone on Falcons got caught up "in the moment", that's why we lost, but champions don't do that. 

It's everyone's job....Quinn's most of all, Shanny too of course  but also Ryan's as well...to not get caught up "in the moment" but to think. 

To your other point I disagree with, the 'trust the process that got us here' excuse....you've got to have more common football sense and 'range' than than to be that simpleton (talking about Falcons, not you).......passing the ball when a FG wins it with minutes left in game is a "WTF are we doing here?" moment, and you call a time out and discuss it with the coaches. ****, I played with both college QBs and even high school QBs who knew to do that in such a situation. 

They froze. 

Respect yours as well.

Vandy likes this

7 minutes ago, ATLFalcons11 said:

Respect yours as well.

Absolutey my man, always. You brought up some really valid thought-provoking points. 

ATLFalcons11 likes this

6 hours ago, JOEinPHX said:

Ryan is taking some heat from sports radio out here in Phoenix over an interview he did with 680 where he said there were plays he wasn't allowed to audible out of.  He qualified that by saying it was 'partly' due to personnel groupings, but what's left unsaid is that it was also partly due to some boneheaded OC work.  The radio guys lighting Ryan up are all former players who consider it an 'under the bus' move by Ryan, made tawdry by the fact that Shanahan is now gone.  I don't agree that Ryan took the low road - he would never do that deliberately.  But I definitely think we got a little insight into his true frame of mind.

Well....who ever thinks Ryan would throw anyone under the bus obviously hasn't followed Ryan throughout his career. Theres been many times I wondered how he managed to take the heat when he well knew it wasn't deserving. I'm fairly confident there was situations that I would not have been so kind. Hats off to him for being that guy.

20 hours ago, Vandy said:

If not allowed to audible, even more reason he should have called a time out to talk it through.

How many timeouts did we have left at the time you say he should have called a timeout?

if I recall we were down to only 1 timeout left toward very end of regulation.

If Ryan had burned our last timeout you, me and everyone else would wanted to tar and feather him.

Jerz and m2Falcons like this

11 hours ago, gazoo said:

How many timeouts did we have left at the time you say he should have called a timeout?

if I recall we were done to only 1 left toward very end of regulation. If he had burned our last timeout you, me and everyone else would want to at and feather him.

Are you being serious? Why would "I, you, and everyone else" do that? That's what timeouts are for in the first place, getting things straight in critical moments of games. 

We would have won the game if someone had had the presence of mind to slow down and talk about where we were and ask what the **** we were doing. 

They froze up.

Fernando C. likes this

13 hours ago, Vandy said:

Are you being serious? Why would "I, you, and everyone else" do that? That's what timeouts are for in the first place, getting things straight in critical moments of games. 

We would have won the game if someone had had the presence of mind to slow down and talk about where we were and ask what the **** we were doing. 

They froze up.

You assume Ryan knew Mack was going to get trucked over not allowing him to get the ball out of his hands beforehand a sack therefore the only smart things i Ryan to do is burn our last timeout in a close game.

You are guilty of using retrospect to to criticize Ryan.

Does it not occur to you that there were also  scenarios where burning the last timeout in that situation could have actually cost us the game?  I promise you if that had happened you would have been furious at Ryan and blamed him for the loss for blowing out last timeout.

1 hour ago, gazoo said:

You assume Ryan knew Mack was going to get trucked over not allowing him to get the ball out of his hands beforehand a sack therefore the only smart things i Ryan to do is burn our last timeout in a close game.

You are guilty of using retrospect to to criticize Ryan.

Does it not occur to you that there were also  scenarios where burning the last timeout in that situation could have actually cost us the game?  I promise you if that had happened you would have been furious at Ryan and blamed him for the loss for blowing out last timeout.

Who the heck said anything about mack or a trucked over sack? You're usually a very good poster gazoo, but sometimes you are so blinded by your defensiveness of Ryan you become incapable of intelligent conversation. 

And you don't know me well at all if you "promise me" I would be furious at my QB for doing something intelligent such as calling a time out to discuss why the **** Shanny called  a pass play during an obvious running situation. I love matt, but that's the one thing I wish my QB was more of. Frankly, it's the only thing IMO that has kept him from the greatness we all want for him. 

"Guilty of restropect" my azz. What kind of BS comment is that supposed to mean? Quit being so ******* condescending, it makes you look small and not at all the good poster you can be.