Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TheTrue7

Atlanta Hawks Playoff Thread

507 posts in this topic

Alright fellas.. for a decade straight, we've done this.. looks like we may have Washington first round.. 

LETS DO THIS!

If we can get past Washington and play the Celtics in the second round I really like our chances of getting to the conference finals.

3 minutes ago, Drew4719 said:

If we can get past Washington and play the Celtics in the second round I really like our chances of getting to the conference finals.

I've seen a lot of comments elsewhere where some are pretty doubtful of our ability to play with Washington.. we beat them fairly well the first game had a couple losses that were close (one without Sap) and got whooped in one (where it seemed like no one could hit a shot).. seems like a good matchup to me.. depends on Buds matchups of course..

and yeeeeesssssssssss I want Boston!

Drew4719 and jayu70 like this

I think we can beat Washington as well but just like True7 mentioned Bud's rotations are very key in how far this team goes in the playoffs. Bud has to have faith in his guys because they are ballin when given the opportunity. I like there chances and having confidence at this point is great for a long playoff run.

Drew4719 likes this

2 hours ago, Drew4719 said:

You'd have to hope that they can finish with a better record than the Cavs, because the Cavs hold the tiebreaker. If they don't, we'll have a second round rematch with the Cavs.

In any case, whether it's the second round or the ECF, I just want to see us beat the Cavs. Hopefully third time is the charm, assuming we get by Washington first (which is a toss up). If the team that played the last three games shows up, the Wizards are in trouble.

Drew4719 likes this

Cleveland is resting Lebron and Kyrie tonight(Love is questionable), shocking with the 1# seed on the line. Hopefully Boston gets it so we can play them in the second round.

The Celtics have two home games remaining. They play the Nets tonight and the Bucks Wednesday, while Cleveland is in Miami tonight and then goes home for a matchup with the Raptors on Wednesday. I like the chances for the Celtics getting the #1 seed.

TheTrue7 and blkbigdog35 like this

3 hours ago, Drew4719 said:

Cleveland is resting Lebron and Kyrie tonight(Love is questionable), shocking with the 1# seed on the line. Hopefully Boston gets it so we can play them in the second round.

Washington has punched us in face this year.  Get past them first then we can talk but I agree.  I want Boston in the second round.  

4 minutes ago, usmcdirtybird said:

Washington has punched us in face this year.  Get past them first then we can talk but I agree.  I want Boston in the second round.  

I just don't get that.. we whooped them once and they returned the favor once.. the other 2 were closely contested (one without Sap).. where is this "they own us" feeling coming from?

jayu70 likes this

53 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

I just don't get that.. we whooped them once and they returned the favor once.. the other 2 were closely contested (one without Sap).. where is this "they own us" feeling coming from?

Nah, Just a gut feeling.  Like Falcons with Green Bay this year.  The Hawks can win or even beat them but if Morris and Porter do like they did in the blowout in the series then they will win.  I feel those two are going to ball out.  Like I said, just a gut feeling.  

33 minutes ago, usmcdirtybird said:

Nah, Just a gut feeling.  Like Falcons with Green Bay this year.  The Hawks can win or even beat them but if Morris and Porter do like they did in the blowout in the series then they will win.  I feel those two are going to ball out.  Like I said, just a gut feeling.  

Remember it's a different look now with Prince and THJ getting extended minutes vs when the blowout happened.. 

jayu70 and Drew4719 like this

10 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

Remember it's a different look now with Prince and THJ getting extended minutes vs when the blowout happened.. 

Let's hope he incorporates bembry as well instead of bazemore.

TheTrue7 and Drew4719 like this

17 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

If Boston gets the number one seed then the stars have aligned for us to do something.  

TheTrue7 and Drew4719 like this

11 minutes ago, blkbigdog35 said:

Let's hope he incorporates bembry as well instead of bazemore.

AMEN!

5 minutes ago, usmcdirtybird said:

If Boston gets the number one seed then the stars have aligned for us to do something.  

Need Miami to show some heart tonight 

blkbigdog35 and Drew4719 like this

Come on Celtics one more game... maybe Cleveland will rest guys again.

We can play with Washington, we just need to shoot well (obviously)

Drew4719 likes this

Okay so I think one more win gives us the 5th seed. Rathburn says we win the three way tiebreaker with the Bucks and Pacers. One more win and we are guaranteed to be tied for the 5th record in the East. So let's beat Charlotte and hope for the best. 

Go Hawks, Raptors, and I hope whoever is playing Boston loses (because I just can't cheer for them)

16 minutes ago, UGABOZ said:

well looking forward to indy  tomorrow on espn 

I'd like us to stay in rhythm and play everyone tomorrow, but I guess we'll probably rest some starters. Even then if the bench keeps playing like this we could keep it close or even win.

blkbigdog35 likes this