Heath Evans says we should trade for Sherman. Debate

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

On a team with the reigning MVP QB, the best WR in the game, and the NFL sacl leader? What are you talking about?

That the media RARELY talks about.  Lets get real.  If you ask the media who the best quarterback in the game is and i guarantee you they will NOT say Matt Ryan. If you ask them who the best receiver is, they will RELUCTANTLY say Julio, but WANNA say Beckham or somebody else in one of their media markets they promote. Beasley?  Forget it.  

That superbowl should've shown you what the NFL is about. Its not about your teams ability, its about STORYLINES...  Brady coming back from 28-3 is a STORYLINE.  The Falcons have nobody with a media cache that they WANNA promote like that. A player like Sherman changes that. It is what it is....

On a side note. Heath Evans is NOT the only person in the media who said the Falcons should make a move to get Sherman.  They was talking about it on 92.9 the game yesterday.  

Edited by slickgadawg
5 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

That the media RARELY talks about.  Lets get real.  If you ask the media who the best quarterback in the game is and i guarantee you they will NOT say Matt Ryan. If you ask them who the best receiver is, they will RELUCTANTLY say Julio, but WANNA say Beckham or somebody else in one of their media markets they promote. Beasley?  Forget it.  

That superbowl should've shown you what the NFL is about. Its not about your teams ability, its about STORYLINES...  Brady coming back from 28-3 is a STORYLINE.  The Falcons have nobody with a media cache that they WANNA promote like that. A player like Sherman changes that. It is what it is....

On a side note. Heath Evans is NOT the only person in the media who said the Falcons should make a move to get Sherman.  They was talking about it on 92.9 the game yesterday.  

Nah they always say Julio or AB. The media always give Julio respect

1 minute ago, youngbloodz said:

Nah they always say Julio or AB. The media always give Julio respect

Didn't i say they RELUCTANTLY give Julio his props? But the STORYLINE is the Patriots and Brady... No way around that brah.... 28-3 proved that...

Edited by slickgadawg
27 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

Didn't i say they RELUCTANTLY give Julio his props? But the STORYLINE is the Patriots and Brady... No way around that brah.... 28-3 proved that...

It isnt reluctantly. Julio get his respect. They never even mention Beckham. It's always AB and Julio. 28-3 proved to me Atl lacks depth on defense 

On 4/5/2017 at 5:32 AM, MSalmon said:

0ap3000000531389.jpg

Wherever he goes, Sherman will be a boon to his new team -- but he'd fit nicely in Atlanta
Richard Sherman is smart, tough and knows how to work. Given any situation, I think he'll comply with what any head coach demands. Pete Carroll gives Sherman more verbal freedom, but I've never seen anything out of the veteran cornerback that leads me to believe he wouldn't respect the authority of a more restrictive head coach. Sherman isn't a problem. He's a gift. And that's the way his talent and leadership are perceived in this league.

I think Atlanta should trade for him. The Falcons have some young talent in the secondary, but Sherman would be an immediate upgrade.http://www.nfl.com/news/author?id=0ap3000000531396

1860xr.jpg

On 4/6/2017 at 9:15 AM, slickgadawg said:

We don't have the cap for it for one, since he is a top 3 paid cb. We have a year left with Trufant on a rookie deal. The tide in media market is changing. MAtt Ryan won MVP, which he truly deserved but was almost surely going to get screwed out of,

10 hours ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

We don't have the cap for it for one, since he is a top 3 paid cb. We have a year left with Trufant on a rookie deal. The tide in media market is changing. MAtt Ryan won MVP, which he truly deserved but was almost surely going to get screwed out of,

Is that why there is a uproar on this messageboard about Ryan being called a second tier quarterback still and not in the same league as Cam Newton??  Some folks STILL dont wanna get it.. 

Edited by slickgadawg
On 4/5/2017 at 5:32 AM, MSalmon said:

0ap3000000531389.jpg

Wherever he goes, Sherman will be a boon to his new team -- but he'd fit nicely in Atlanta
Richard Sherman is smart, tough and knows how to work. Given any situation, I think he'll comply with what any head coach demands. Pete Carroll gives Sherman more verbal freedom, but I've never seen anything out of the veteran cornerback that leads me to believe he wouldn't respect the authority of a more restrictive head coach. Sherman isn't a problem. He's a gift. And that's the way his talent and leadership are perceived in this league.

I think Atlanta should trade for him. The Falcons have some young talent in the secondary, but Sherman would be an immediate upgrade.http://www.nfl.com/news/author?id=0ap3000000531396

Premise 1: Heath Evans is an idiot

Premise 2: You shouldn't take advice from idiots

Conclusion: You shouldn't take advice from Heath Evans

19 hours ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Yep. Matt won the MVP and was named 1st team All Pro. Tide has changed. This victim's mentality has to stop