Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
k-train

Hope the Falcons watched the Tar Heels tonight

53 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, k-train said:

THAT is how you respond after falling flat on your face & completely blowing a championship a year earlier. Hopefully Quinn & co. were taking notes.

O yes I'm sure the Falcons were just ******* glued in their chairs taking notes

is it ******* training camp yet?! 

6 minutes ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

O yes I'm sure the Falcons were just ******* glued in their chairs taking notes

is it ******* training camp yet?! 

They should've been. They choked & need to find inspiration in redeeming themselves. UNC just showed that despite all the naysayers, it IS possible to get back to the big game after you blew it the year before & then right the ship. Quinn has already met with several folks to discuss dealing with the situation & how to move forward. This should be additional positive motivation... not really sure why you'd have a problem with that.

Bobby.Digital and Dirtybird3 like this

13 minutes ago, k-train said:

They should've been. They choked & need to find inspiration in redeeming themselves. UNC just showed that despite all the naysayers, it IS possible to get back to the big game after you blew it the year before & then right the ship. Quinn has already met with several folks to discuss dealing with the situation & how to move forward. This should be additional positive motivation... not really sure why you'd have a problem with that.

My problem is this is the NFL. Not the NCAA. When you're up 25 in the third you gotta close or it could be 18 years before you get back.

36 minutes ago, Caddieman said:

Basketball sucks!..........just sayen!

I'm not a basketball fan, I just happen to live in Chapel Hill, so I'm well aware of how UNC blew it last season, but were able to get back in the championship and win it this time. I hope the Falcons can do the same.

1 hour ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

My problem is this is the NFL. Not the NCAA. When you're up 25 in the third you gotta close or it could be 18 years before you get back.

I dunno... getting through 32 teams is one thing, getting through how ever many NCAA teams there are is a whole other level of difficult.

Dirtybird3 likes this

2 hours ago, k-train said:

I dunno... getting through 32 teams is one thing, getting through how ever many NCAA teams there are is a whole other level of difficult.

They don't have a draft or cap space to deal with

Yo_Lover likes this

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, k-train said:

I'm not a basketball fan, I just happen to live in Chapel Hill, so I'm well aware of how UNC blew it last season, but were able to get back in the championship and win it this time. I hope the Falcons can do the same.

I live in Salisbury NC and Basketball sucks........lol. Now we got 2 months of NBA playoffs.......what a joke!

Edited by Caddieman

39 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Don't know if you ever played basketball before but it's a little different than football. In basketball you can score 10+ points in only a minute 

How many did the Patriots score in 15 minutes?

1 hour ago, quotemokc said:

No, just one and dones and 19-20 year old kids. Including an actual tournament. I'm not a big basketball person especially college, but if quinn reached out to coaches who lost championships in bad fashion.. Why not reach out or take notes from one who lost and actually went back the next year and won it? Why does that seem unrealistic? 

k-train and Bobby.Digital like this

27 minutes ago, Flying Falcon said:

How many did the Patriots score in 15 minutes?

That's Quinn's issue

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, quotemokc said:

And at UNC you don't have to attend classes.  

Edited by notthatcool

8 hours ago, k-train said:

THAT is how you respond after falling flat on your face & completely blowing a championship a year earlier. Hopefully Quinn & co. were taking notes.

So play the most sloppy game you possibly can play, Hope & Pray the other team plays worse and then you get the trophy. got cha!

roguebeaver likes this

2 hours ago, Dirtybird3 said:

No, just one and dones and 19-20 year old kids. Including an actual tournament. I'm not a big basketball person especially college, but if quinn reached out to coaches who lost championships in bad fashion.. Why not reach out or take notes from one who lost and actually went back the next year and won it? Why does that seem unrealistic? 

Pretty much this. 

I don't get half the comments in this thread. It's extremely hard to make the finals let alone in back to back years. To win after such a heart breaking loss is impressive. Having Roy Williams in to talk to the team would be pretty cool. I'm sure Quinn will reach out. 

Dirtybird3 likes this

Posted (edited)

4 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

So play the most sloppy game you possibly can play, Hope & Pray the other team plays worse and then you get the trophy. got cha!

Yeah let's forget about every other game they played to get to the finals. Not to mention the refs completely took over that game. This such a dumb comment on so many levels.

Edited by Bobby.Digital

3 minutes ago, Bobby.Digital said:

Yeah let's forget about every other game they played to get to the finals. Not to mention the refs completely took over that game. This such a dumb comment on so many levels.

Yes, this ^^^^ is a dumb comment on so many levels, you are correct!

8 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Or longer....