Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Carter

April 2017 UGA Recruiting Thread

168 posts in this topic

Looks like we are ramping up our efforts at QB with Jarren Williams and Justin Fields getting some attention. If you listened to the podcast then you'll know Kenyatta Watson himself suggested Emory Jones could flip late to UGA.

I would love to add Jones of course, but I've been kinda weary of where he ends up since @youngbloodz has been on here a few times saying its unlikely he will be an academic qualifier anyway.

UGA also hosted 5* QB Matt Corral from California at G Day. He is committed to USC, but says he was very impressed with UGA and likes their approach to recruiting him. Gonna have to stay tuned on that one.

95Dawg likes this

this staff is so desperate for some qb commits.  they have offered a ton of guys and now that they are going after williams that says it all about the state of the qb recruiting.  it's so hard to sell playing time with the two qbs we have on campus. 

this was from a trey dean update today.. read this paragraph..

"With Georgia, a lot of guys at my position are scared because they signed a great class of defensive backs in 2017, but I am not worried about that. I want to be around great guys at my position because I know it will make me better. I know a lot of the players there, I like the coaches a lot and it is close to home."

Scared?  seriously.  who in the heck is able to convince kids to be scared of coming to Georgia due to competition.  There is no way we have the depth and talent that an ohio state and alabama has in the secondary.  There are some rival coaches really selling that we have no playing time for kids. 

DB 2018 Chris Smith commits to the G!!!!  Boom!!!  Nice pickup.  We need some big MO!!

i thought it was interesting that even our new commit Chris Smith talked about "even with all of the guys they took in the last class I feel I have a shot to play.".. it's pretty clear what is being used against us by all of our rivals.. you get that same message from everyone some guys are talked into being afraid that they won't see any playing time.  if i was a conspiracy guy I would say that our rivals are very worried after the 2017 class and what kirby did and decided to use the same message so they have an easier time getting kids out of state and beating us in recruiting.. 

also guys we should be getting a basketball commit today.. Isaac Kante. 

Good get for UGA, especially this late in the process. Difference maker big at the MM level, but a real solid rotational big as a HM. Better player than Evan Cole who just signed with Tech.

I have a hard time getting excited at anything having to do with UGA basketball.. with CMF still at the helm.. 

and im normally the optimist 

usmcdirtybird likes this

13 minutes ago, ATLBrave said:

Good get for UGA, especially this late in the process. Difference maker big at the MM level, but a real solid rotational big as a HM. Better player than Evan Cole who just signed with Tech.

oh yeah he is a very nice addition and i like him better than cole.  our coaches did as well they went for him hard over cole. 

14 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

oh yeah he is a very nice addition and i like him better than cole.  our coaches did as well they went for him hard over cole. 

I know. Everyone has been recruiting the kid for awhile now. He wanted to go to a school in Georgia, but didn't have grades up until recently.