• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

@K26dp Dang, check this out. Wonder what happened. I really liked what I saw from him last year. It never made sense why the Braves got rid of him.

He was having a really bad year. His ERA was 11.70 and he had allowed 21 runners in 10 innings. Gave up 3 HR in those 10 innings too. I'm guessing at 27 and struggling that bad at AA he decided to pursue a different opportunity.

Cartersville, Georgia native and former #3 overall pick in 2009 Donovan Tate has retired from baseball and committed to Arizona football. Tate was a top QB prospect coming out of high school before picking baseball. His baseball career never caught traction. He never made it above Class A. 

1 hour ago, Unkn0wn said:

Texas just beat Houston but their bullpen walked 9 people in 4 innings. Two RP had 3 walks each. 

I watched that today.  That was painful.  Not to mention Texas batters strikeouts.  Over the 4 game series with Houston, Texas batter struck out 51 times in 4 games.  That is not a good combo (walking batters and having your batters strikeout) for winning games.

Does anyone remember the pitcher that would talk to himself on the mound after every pitch? Was it Jake Peavy or someone like that?

Your new reliever Jason Motte reminds me of him. After every pitch, Motte is talking to himself, taking his hat off, tugging his jersey, walking around, flipping the ball in the air, etc.

Sale is a great pitcher but his attitude is a problem. During that game he gathered up the Red Sox in the dugout and screamed as loud as he could that this "is not a game anymore, its a war". All this added on top of cutting up jerseys because you dont like them is a bad look.

10 hours ago, north falcon said:

Does anyone remember the pitcher that would talk to himself on the mound after every pitch? Was it Jake Peavy or someone like that?

Your new reliever Jason Motte reminds me of him. After every pitch, Motte is talking to himself, taking his hat off, tugging his jersey, walking around, flipping the ball in the air, etc.

Yes, Jake Peavy. Another guy that does that is John Lackey.

1 hour ago, Unkn0wn said:

Sale is a great pitcher but his attitude is a problem. During that game he gathered up the Red Sox in the dugout and screamed as loud as he could that this "is not a game anymore, its a war". All this added on top of cutting up jerseys because you dont like them is a bad look.

Yeah, he definitely seems like he's got some major attitude issues.

Former Cartersville High School two-way star and the 2009 draft's #3 overall pick Donovan Tate is going to the University of Arizona to try to make it in football.

Tate has been perhaps the biggest draft bust of the last 10 years. At the time of his signing, his $6.25 million bonus was the highest given to a prep school draftee. In six minor league seasons, he never climbed higher than the high-A level.

1 hour ago, K26dp said:

Former Cartersville High School two-way star and the 2009 draft's #3 overall pick Donovan Tate is going to the University of Arizona to try to make it in football.

Tate has been perhaps the biggest draft bust of the last 10 years. At the time of his signing, his $6.25 million bonus was the highest given to a prep school draftee. In six minor league seasons, he never climbed higher than the high-A level.

I'd call that a bust for such a a highly touted prospect not to even advance to AA

Just heard this cool story on the Rangers broadcast.  Gaylord Perry a notoriously bad hitter once told his coach he'd hit a homerun in a game and his manager said we'll land on the moon before you hit a homerun.  Well in 1969 the day we landed on the moon Perry hit his 1st major league homerun later that evening his 1st one in his 8th season.  

2 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

The Nats look unstoppable and so does Ryan Zimmerman. He just hit his 13th HR and is hitting .439/.475/.885. Zimmerman and the Nats are just murdering everything.

I'm just stunned at his performance. I never thought he'd be this kind of power hitter again after all his shoulder problems.

2 hours ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Just heard this cool story on the Rangers broadcast.  Gaylord Perry a notoriously bad hitter once told his coach he'd hit a homerun in a game and his manager said we'll land on the moon before you hit a homerun.  Well in 1969 the day we landed on the moon Perry hit his 1st major league homerun later that evening his 1st one in his 8th season.  

Pretty freaking awesome. He had a short stint with the Braves in his career.

33 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Yeah I just saw that. Any idea what happened?

Nobody really knows yet, Collins said it was an internal issue that been ongoing for awhile. Mets gave him a chance to correct it and I guess he didn't. They called a meeting with players in the clubhouse to brief the whole team on why it's happening.