Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconsfan567

2017 MLB Season

1,091 posts in this topic

Bethancourt pitching for San Diego. He's thrown 2 wild pitches and walked one. He is throwing 96 he just doesn't have any command of it.

14 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

The Padres look really bad.

That's to be expected. They look like they'll change the 2003 Tigers for worst record ever.

The Royals bullpen must have watched the Braves bullpen because they gave up 6 runs in the 7th inning too and including 3 bases loaded walks

8 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Well when you're Opening Day starter is Jhoulys Chacin you're in trouble.

Had he been the Braves opening day starter the game would have been over before 1 and I would have gone to class.

So if I was a student on spring break, or took off, I could've enjoyed about 12 hours of baseball, like fall Saturday's with NCAA football, lol.

1 minute ago, DirtybyrdGA said:

So if I was a student on spring break, or took off, I could've enjoyed about 12 hours of baseball, like fall Saturday's with NCAA football, lol.

Just wish this week was spring break instead of last week. Gonna be hard to get my assignments done by Friday night. LOL!

Mike Minor finally returned to an MLB mound today. It was his first appearance since 2014. He threw a shutout inning for the Royals. They've converted him to the bullpen. Nobody is sure if Minor can be healthy enough to start for a full season. Royals are just hoping to get 50-60 innings out of him.

34 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Mike Minor finally returned to an MLB mound today. It was his first appearance since 2014. He threw a shutout inning for the Royals. They've converted him to the bullpen. Nobody is sure if Minor can be healthy enough to start for a full season. Royals are just hoping to get 50-60 innings out of him.

I missed it because I stopped watching after the Royals bullpen imploded to make it 7-1.

4 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Rougned Odor is 2-for-2 with 2 HRs and 4 RBIs and it's only the 3rd inning of game 1.

Yeah, I'm watching that game.  The kid is trying to earn that new $50 Mil Contract in the first game of the season.

6 minutes ago, jidady said:

Minor's getting swinging strikes and weak swings today. That's a good sign he's healthy. He also hit 96.

I didn't see him pitch Monday but he looked good today. Good to see. I remember Minor's MLB debut in 2010 against Houston. I believe it was the same game Chipper blew out his knee (I know it was the same series). I thought he was going to be a really good pitcher and he was until the shoulder issues popped up. Glad to see him back healthy.

I don't have anything against pitchers wearing single digit numbers but it sure is strange to see.

• Clayton Richard 3
  • Carl Edwards 6
  • Marcus Stroman 6
  • Matt Belisle 9

Good bye baseball and it's 9-1 Minnesota. Royals have surrendered 6 in the 7th. On Monday they surrendered 6 in the 7th.

Matt Strahm came into the game with an ERA of 108 because of what happened Monday and that just went up!!

Royals have walked 9 guys today after all the walks from the bullpen on Monday.

If this year is a struggle for KC they'll face some difficult decisions. Dayton Moore has been pretty open about the fact they have no more money to spend.