Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheTrue7

April Hawks thread

216 posts in this topic

Celtics, Cavs, Cavs, Hornets, Pacers coming up. Looks like it's gonna come all the way down to that last game.

A: LAYUPS why the heck are we missing soooooo many **** layups

B: why are we driving and kicking out to an open shooter, who then drives and kicks out to an open shooter, who then drives and kicks out to an open shooter, who then drives..... TAKE THE FING SHOT!

C: SACK UP! 

:rant:

jayu70 and blkbigdog35 like this

22 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

A: LAYUPS why the heck are we missing soooooo many **** layups

B: why are we driving and kicking out to an open shooter, who then drives and kicks out to an open shooter, who then drives and kicks out to an open shooter, who then drives..... TAKE THE FING SHOT!

C: SACK UP! 

:rant:

Lol man that sh1t was happening the whole game. Let's not forget the damm turnovers :shrug:

jayu70 likes this

Not taking anything away from anyone who is a Hawks fan, but it's time to take the rosey colored shades off and call it what it is.

This team was a piece or two away from contending deep into the playoffs and possibly making a finals appearance. I'm scratching my head on how this team has gone in the opposite direction so quickly. Something is just not clicking with these players and you can tell it in their play that there is no fire.

Sorry Coach Bud, but I have to question your ability to adjust and drive these men  to be more successful than they are. Did you not learn anything from coach Pop?

Anyways, there is still a little time left for some improvement, but I'm sorry...I just don't see it from this bunch. Go Hawks and make some sort of miracle happen! 

32 minutes ago, blkbigdog35 said:

Lol man that sh1t was happening the whole game. Let's not forget the damm turnovers :shrug:

Just makes you more and more susceptible to the charge being called.. someone needs to take the **** shot

11 minutes ago, E. T. said:

Not taking anything away from anyone who is a Hawks fan, but it's time to take the rosey colored shades off and call it what it is.

This team was a piece or two away from contending deep into the playoffs and possibly making a finals appearance. I'm scratching my head on how this team has gone in the opposite direction so quickly. Something is just not clicking with these players and you can tell it in their play that there is no fire.

Sorry Coach Bud, but I have to question your ability to adjust and drive these men  to be more successful than they are. Did you not learn anything from coach Pop?

Anyways, there is still a little time left for some improvement, but I'm sorry...I just don't see it from this bunch. Go Hawks and make some sort of miracle happen! 

I'm an eternal optimist, but I don't feel we were as close as you think we were.. I'm glad we finally got an inside presence, but I don't think bud has any idea how to involve him.. and our lack of an alpha is killing us late in games.. 

gotta take advantage of these opportunities though.. bucks, pacers, heat all lose.. that's upsetting not to gain ground 

1 hour ago, E. T. said:

Time to put things into perspective. Our best player right now is 32-year-old Paul Millsap, who's about to be an unrestricted free agent. Coach Bud has never had superstar players, let alone above average players that could average north of 20 PPG. Coach Pop has had rosters full of HoF players in David Robinson, Tim Duncan, Tony Parker, and Manu Ginobili, and now has two established stars in LaMarcus Aldridge and Kawhi Leonard.

I'll give you as long as you need to tell me what coach Bud has had to work with that even remotely comes close to the above list of players.

I can guarantee you--give coach Bud, for example, the Timberwolves current squad, and we'd be a perennial 50-win squad. Heck, give him the Pacers squad, Blazers, or even the Phoenix Suns squad and we'd be winning a lot more.

Coach Bud (and I do emphasize the coach part) is not the problem. His decisions as GM are questionable, but I can't give him too much flack because there aren't many marquee, if any, free agents that would want to play in Atlanta and we're too good to get a lottery pick because we keep making the playoffs.

Something has to give. I'm generally opposed to drastic moves, but sometimes they are necessary to see any real, lasting change. With that said, I think it's time to blow up the roster and start fresh. I'd keep Howard though. He's still a rebounding force, even if his scoring ability has dropped off.

blkbigdog35, jayu70 and TheTrue7 like this

This team needs a rebuild. **** I was thinking about looking for a big man, but after tonight I think they should just take the best player available period and make it work. Even if it's a PG.

No.11 likes this

14 hours ago, JerseyNo12 said:

Time to put things into perspective. Our best player right now is 32-year-old Paul Millsap, who's about to be an unrestricted free agent. Coach Bud has never had superstar players, let alone above average players that could average north of 20 PPG. Coach Pop has had rosters full of HoF players in David Robinson, Tim Duncan, Tony Parker, and Manu Ginobili, and now has two established stars in LaMarcus Aldridge and Kawhi Leonard.

I'll give you as long as you need to tell me what coach Bud has had to work with that even remotely comes close to the above list of players.

I can guarantee you--give coach Bud, for example, the Timberwolves current squad, and we'd be a perennial 50-win squad. Heck, give him the Pacers squad, Blazers, or even the Phoenix Suns squad and we'd be winning a lot more.

Coach Bud (and I do emphasize the coach part) is not the problem. His decisions as GM are questionable, but I can't give him too much flack because there aren't many marquee, if any, free agents that would want to play in Atlanta and we're too good to get a lottery pick because we keep making the playoffs.

Something has to give. I'm generally opposed to drastic moves, but sometimes they are necessary to see any real, lasting change. With that said, I think it's time to blow up the roster and start fresh. I'd keep Howard though. He's still a rebounding force, even if his scoring ability has dropped off.

Valid points... no doubt spurs had good players. But also give credit to the system they were in as well. Do you think those players would have flourished like they did on another team under another coach in another system? Probably not. David Robinson most likely would have wasted his years here as a Hawk during his era.

My main thing is where is the identity, culture, and cohesiveness that comes from leadership. Yes, Bud could use better players... what coach wouldn't, but where's the development to make players better? I see a lot of wild playground ball. Shares of the blame has to go around full circle.

Blowing up the roster would make sense, but what are you building exactly? What is Bud's vision of a b-ball team!

blkbigdog35 likes this

4 hours ago, E. T. said:

Valid points... no doubt spurs had good players. But also give credit to the system they were in as well. Do you think those players would have flourished like they did on another team under another coach in another system? Probably not. David Robinson most likely would have wasted his years here as a Hawk during his era.

My main thing is where is the identity, culture, and cohesiveness that comes from leadership. Yes, Bud could use better players... what coach wouldn't, but where's the development to make players better? I see a lot of wild playground ball. Shares of the blame has to go around full circle.

Blowing up the roster would make sense, but what are you building exactly? What is Bud's vision of a b-ball team!

That's the million dollar question!  Very good point by the way!

E. T. likes this

Monday's Hawks News: Millsap's return not enough in loss to Nets

11:30 AM ET
  • ESPN.com

How the Hawks became scoreboard watchers after another loss: There was good news from the Hawks despite the loss. Paul Millsap is back. The Hawks best player returned after missing the past eight games with a left knee injury. He finished with 14 points, but was 4 of 14 from the floor. “Overall I felt pretty good,” Millsap said. -- The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Millsap returns but Hawks fall to the Nets: Goodbye, old friend. The Nets under first-year head coach Kenny Atkinson are playing spoiler to the Hawks' playoff chances and position. The former Hawks assistant coach has two wins over his previous employer in the past week. Two dreadful losses for the Hawks. -- The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

20 hours ago, TheTrue7 said:

Just makes you more and more susceptible to the charge being called.. someone needs to take the **** shot

I'm an eternal optimist, but I don't feel we were as close as you think we were.. I'm glad we finally got an inside presence, but I don't think bud has any idea how to involve him.. and our lack of an alpha is killing us late in games.. 

gotta take advantage of these opportunities though.. bucks, pacers, heat all lose.. that's upsetting not to gain ground 

Okay bro give me your honest opinion how are you feeling about these boys making the playoffs now because it's starting to slip away.  I keep watching and hoping they flip a damm switch or something but I just don't know at this point  :sadwave:

I hope we go after Jimmy Butler this summer.  Make Baze go to them with Bembry, 2017 1st round pick and 2019 first round pick.   

Resign Millsap and THJ, Butler.  

I can dream.   

11 minutes ago, usmcdirtybird said:

I hope we go after Jimmy Butler this summer.  Make Baze go to them with Bembry, 2017 1st round pick and 2019 first round pick.   

Resign Millsap and THJ, Butler.  

I can dream.   

Could definitely get down with a move like this.

1 hour ago, blkbigdog35 said:

Okay bro give me your honest opinion how are you feeling about these boys making the playoffs now because it's starting to slip away.  I keep watching and hoping they flip a damm switch or something but I just don't know at this point  :sadwave:

They seem to play up or down to their competition, so if they take a lower seed, that should play in our favor.. personally, I want Boston but honestly no one in the east is incredibly frightening..