Knight of God

This Year's Draft, What Do You Think Will Happen?

71 posts in this topic

I made a mock earlier. A mock is just that. Not authentic or real, but without the intention to deceive. That means it could happen, but not necessarily, not that way, maybe not that close, or maybe close enough. Every year during "mock season" that is the main thing used as a way to passive aggressively say, "I want this, not that." By simply saying, "He won't be available." No matter what happens, if we need "X" position, that is the position EVERY team is going to take. Even though out of 32 teams and 15 positions, its not possible for every player from that position, rated in the top ten of their position, to be gone. 

Someone will fall. Someone ALWAYS falls. Sometimes they slide to the lower half of the second day. I remember having Beasley in the 1st and Jarrett in the 3rd and being told it wasn't possible for Jarrett to be there. We took him two positions down.

I only use projections from the site that I like. No others, because I like the one I like. LOL. Easy science there. They are projections only and I use them as a guideline. Which many here do as well. My site shows Tanoh at 3rd and 4th. Many here have him in the first for some wild reason i don't understand, but it doesn't make it wrong. I don't do trades, I rarely discuss them. Not because I don't like them, but rather, I don't know. I prefer to mock step by step. Its easier. Especially since a mock can take me a couple of days if I do the research very closely. A trade would take even more time.

The statements made me think though. Since we really have no real idea, not even if the Browns will actually take Garrett, what COULD happen? I have heard from a few folks in the game, they thought the Falcons started giving out on the edge and in the secondary. Not one game was actually lost because of RG. Thing is, a few were lost not being able to get a short yardage stop, or stop the passing game of another team coming back late.

This made me think. Our five main targets needed to be DT, FS, Edge, DE, and OG. We took a DT in FA, but the other four may need a look. There are few at each position I don't like except for OG. Actually OL in general. I do like Pocic pretty well though. He is Brotherhood material. Had to get his hip scoped, but he's better now and ready to go. No lingering injuries. Something I have heard whispered a lot this off season is trading up though. Yeah, UP. I am not 100% certain how, or even if. That's kinda what I am thinking at this point though.

I think we are trading up. How about you? What do you think will happen?

Jabrill Peppers - Safety - Michigan - 5'11" 213lbs

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=130698&draftyear=2017&genpos=SS

Combine Watch: https://youtu.be/OQCyRzCEVJ0

Slappywhite and Diesel_Bird like this

I think we will stay put and take a pass rusher. I'm not completely sold on that though. Could see going FS if they fall in love with Obi and he is there. Could also see a trade up or trade down. 

Point is, I have no idea what we are doing lol

I'm with you. I have a feeling we are trading up. Nothing backing up my feeling, just me. I feel it's for Reddick, if it happens though.

Knight of God likes this

Posted (edited)

You saying you think they trade up for peppers?  The draft is a total crap shoot most years, I was kinda shocked they took Neal last year but that worked out.  I still think pass rusher staying put at 31 is best bet.  

Edited by Diesel_Bird

Definitely stay put or trade down. I think there's a lot of talent in this draft. If peppers fell to us at 31 I would take him over a pass rusher. He's going to be an impact player

Knight of God likes this

I am not saying we will for sure. Its just one of many ideas. This was one I have had for a couple of weeks. The trade up part has been mentioned a lot. Peppers is my wishful thinking.

Diesel_Bird likes this

Posted (edited)

Interesting take KOG...

So, what i think will happen or what I hope will happen?

most mocks if completely honest is what the mocker hopes will happen. 

i hope  we trade down to a team that wants a QB at bottom of Rd 1 and we grab an edge mid 2nd round (Tim Williams is my fav) and then a safety with our 2nd pick (Marcus williams).

But what I think will happen is we draft OG forest lamp with pick 31 and scramble for a project edge in 2nd round. 

Edited by Vandy
Knight of God and Slappywhite like this

2 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Interesting take KOG...

So, what i think will happen or what I hope will happen?

most mocks if completely honest is what the mocker hopes will happen. 

i hope  we trade down to a team that wants a QB at bottom of Rd 1 and we grab an edge mid 2nd round (Tim Williams is my fav) and then a safety with our 2nd pick (Marcus williams).

But what I think will happen is we draft OG forest lamp with pick 31 and scramble for a project edge in 2nd round. 

I agree 100% that its a hope thing. Same with what we will most likely do. You know what though? IRL, I am not always a fan of trading down. More isn't better to me...lol

I would not be opposed to it though. Not at all.

Vandy likes this

Just now, Knight of God said:

I agree 100% that its a hope thing. Same with what we will most likely do. You know what though? IRL, I am not always a fan of trading down. More isn't better to me...lol

I would not be opposed to it though. Not at all.

I hate trading up....but I do like Peppers. 

Knight of God likes this

2 minutes ago, Vandy said:

I hate trading up....but I do like Peppers. 

Haven't heard that song since Wednesday. Peppers is an example. Wishful thinking. I like more guys than I dislike, but we are gunning for the ones I don't like...lol

Vandy likes this

Haven't heard that song since Wednesday. Peppers is an example. Wishful thinking. I like more guys than I dislike, but we are gunning for the ones I don't like...lol

Isn't that true? I thought I was the only one who felt that way about who we (Quinn) supposedly likes....and I loved the Neal and D Jones picks from the get-go

I like Tim williams as my favorite edge, he's a maniac in the LT mode in getting after the QB...but small liklihood we get him

I remember you loving Landon Collins way back when, peppers would be your Collins, yes?

Knight of God likes this

1 minute ago, ATLFalcons11 said:

This is literally why I made that "when is it a good idea to trade up" thread. I have this inkling, could be wrong or right, but just a strong feeling.

Well, I have heard from a few guys that its not off the table. TD is very aggressive, so is Blank. Quinn wants to win, so to them they see anything they want as a glaring hole. Right now I know we are interested in Obi, Tanoh, Rivers, Willis, Watt, Adoree, Lamp and Conley.

ATLFalcons11 likes this

7 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

Well, I have heard from a few guys that its not off the table. TD is very aggressive, so is Blank. Quinn wants to win, so to them they see anything they want as a glaring hole. Right now I know we are interested in Obi, Tanoh, Rivers, Willis, Watt, Adoree, Lamp and Conley.

I've done a better job of not being so giddy about the draft this year but the intrigue is starting to kick in because I honestly believe that our team is good enough to where we can do whatever we want. 

It'll be a fun thing to watch out for throughout for sure.

Knight of God likes this

I would be so f*cking mad if we got Peppers, especially if we for some reason were to trade up for him. The dude isn't really good at any position, where would we even put him? He can't cover or has the skills to be a DB, doesn't have the size or ability to play LB. Dude is overhyped just because Michigan put him at almost every position imaginable. To me he's a worse version of Taylor Mays. 

4 minutes ago, Atlantafan21 said:

I would be so f*cking mad if we got Peppers, especially if we for some reason were to trade up for him. The dude isn't really good at any position, where would we even put him? He can't cover or has the skills to be a DB, doesn't have the size or ability to play LB. Dude is overhyped just because Michigan put him at almost every position imaginable. To me he's a worse version of Taylor Mays. 

Ummm...yeah. Not interested in what anyone thinks of my opinion here. Question was, what do you have?

Ummm...yeah. Not interested in what anyone thinks of my opinion here. Question was, what do you have?

Personally, I would like us to just stay at our spot. No idea who we take this year, I'd like Obi Melifonwu if he's available though. Wanna see what Quinn could do with an athletic specimen like him. 

Knight of God and Kung-Pow like this

3 minutes ago, Atlantafan21 said:

Personally, I would like us to just stay at our spot. No idea who we take this year, I'd like Obi Melifonwu if he's available though. Wanna see what Quinn could do with an athletic specimen like him. 

I hope he drops. I am not saying I want to trade up. Dont get me wrong.

I do like Peppers though. I think Quinn would use him well. I love Obi.

1 minute ago, Knight of God said:

I hope he drops. I am not saying I want to trade up. Dont get me wrong.

I do as well, but I just don't know man. To me, he's even crazier than Byron Jones, and Byron moved all the way up to 29th I believe. NFL teams see that size with those athletic traits, not to mention solid game tape as well, chances are high that he gets snatched before our pick. 

Knight of God likes this

Just now, Atlantafan21 said:

I do as well, but I just don't know man. To me, he's even crazier than Byron Jones, and Byron moved all the way up to 29th I believe. NFL teams see that size with those athletic traits, not to mention solid game tape as well, chances are high that he gets snatched before our pick. 

Maybe, but there is a lot of talent. I am not in love with just one player this year. There are only guys I don't like.

Atlantafan21 likes this

Maybe, but there is a lot of talent. I am not in love with just one player this year. There are only guys I don't like.

Same, I'm not really looking at any top prospects considering they're obviously out of reach. So we're left with the good to maybe really good players. I'm a little surprised at how much people hate the idea of us picking a RG at 31 though. 

JPPT1974 likes this

2 minutes ago, Atlantafan21 said:

Same, I'm not really looking at any top prospects considering they're obviously out of reach. So we're left with the good to maybe really good players. I'm a little surprised at how much people hate the idea of us picking a RG at 31 though. 

Its because they really aren't as good as advertised and it gets in the way of grabbing a clear playmaker. We probably will, I won't like it though. I don't think there is even one worth a 31st let alone 63rd.

Its because they really aren't as good as advertised and it gets in the way of grabbing a clear playmaker. We probably will, I won't like it though. I don't think there is even one worth a 31st let alone 63rd.

I can agree with that. I'm in the same boat as those wanting someone flashy and not someone to plug in at RG. It's just that I feel like a lot of those players will be gone already by the time we pick. Examples would be Taco Charlton, Derek Barnett, Takk McKinley, Melifonwu, etc.