Falconsfan567

Las Vegas Raiders

121 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, MoFalconsFan56 said:

Jerry Jones is the leader. https://www.google.com/amp/www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/heres-how-jerry-jones-will-reportedly-make-hundreds-of-millions-on-nfl-relocation/amp/

If you don't want to read that article, in short it explains how Jerry Jones owns a company (Legends is the name. Google it) that builds suites inside of Rams new stadium Chargers new stadium Raiders new stadium and Levi stadium. Jerry Jones has more pull than anyone in the NFL and if he wanted Goodell fired he could do it in ab 8 seconds but why would he when Jones just strong arms everyone and is getting his way? OAK STL and SD all lose a team so the rich get richer. This sport seems more corrupt than soccer. 

*Legends controls suites, concessions and sponsorships

Thanks mo, I'll definetley check out the read. 

i loathe jerry jones with every fiber in me, but the dude has the golden touch on making the moola. 

MoFalconsFan56 likes this

1 minute ago, Vandy said:

i loathe jerry jones with every fiber in me, but the dude has the golden touch on making the moola. 

It's pretty interesting stuff. Yeah JJ  is a marketing/money making genius, gotta give him that

Vandy likes this

The fans there are really what make this team.  They should find a way to demand that the team name "Raiders" has to be vacated (kind of like the Browns - Ravens deal).  Maybe change the name to Las Vegas "Gamblers" or something. Put 'Spades' on their helmets! 

Posted (edited)

10 minutes ago, falconfansince66 said:

The fans there are really what make this team.  They should find a way to demand that the team name "Raiders" has to be vacated (kind of like the Browns - Ravens deal).  Maybe change the name to Las Vegas "Gamblers" or something. Put 'Spades' on their helmets! 

The way the davis family and NFL chase the almighty dollar, Las Vegas Hookers seems most appropriate.

Edited by Vandy

5 minutes ago, Vandy said:

The way the davis family and NFL chase the almighty dollar, Las Vegas Hookers seems most appropriate.

Yeah, that certainly fits. Maybe they can call that new stadium the "Mustang Ranch" to go along with it! 

Vandy likes this

1 hour ago, Vandy said:

My mom grew up a Cowboys fan because of her uncle being a diehard Cowboys fan. He is so passionate about the Cowboys he will not talk to anyone during the game and don't you dare try to talk to him. She said that if she was at his house during the game she was forced to sit on the floor right in front of the TV and not say a word. It's how she became a fan. But she hates them now and its all because of Jerry Jones. Jones alienated a lot of folks because his first move after buying the team was firing Tom Landry.

Vandy likes this

1 hour ago, falconfansince66 said:

Yeah, that certainly fits. Maybe they can call that new stadium the "Mustang Ranch" to go along with it! 

I was with you right up til Mustang Ranch. :huh:

falconfansince66 likes this

Posted (edited)

20 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

My mom grew up a Cowboys fan because of her uncle being a diehard Cowboys fan. He is so passionate about the Cowboys he will not talk to anyone during the game and don't you dare try to talk to him. She said that if she was at his house during the game she was forced to sit on the floor right in front of the TV and not say a word. It's how she became a fan. But she hates them now and its all because of Jerry Jones. Jones alienated a lot of folks because his first move after buying the team was firing Tom Landry.

I understand, the way landry was handled was classless. Same for j Johnson exit.

After getting burned now twice , Oakland fans are gonna hate the davis family even worse. 

Edited by Vandy
Falconsfan567 likes this

On 3/27/2017 at 11:37 AM, athell said:

Right?  I can just hear the announcer now during introductions...

*Ladies and gentlemen, here come YOUR OAKLAND *cough* for the next two years *cough* RAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRS*

Talked with a fan in my 12 Step group--nothings changed, except he no longer has season tickets. They're still the Oakland Raiders. They always will be to Bay Area! 

You have to feel bad for the Oakland Raiders fan base after not only moving once but what will now be the second time. It makes the NFL look bad too all these teams moving so much in such a short period of time reflects instability. Plus Vegas is such a small market compared to the Oakland market and then add that to the gambling mecca of the world and it could end up very embarrassing to the Shield!

24 minutes ago, Falcons&Dawgs#1Fan said:

You have to feel bad for the Oakland Raiders fan base after not only moving once but what will now be the second time. It makes the NFL look bad too all these teams moving so much in such a short period of time reflects instability. Plus Vegas is such a small market compared to the Oakland market and then add that to the gambling mecca of the world and it could end up very embarrassing to the Shield!

These moves of the Rams, Chargers and now Raiders actually solidifies the NFL for the long-term. Once these stadiums are built those teams aren't going anywhere.

Also, they probably wouldn't have approved the Raiders move to Vegas if it weren't for the NHL's expansion team there.

This will have the chargers talking about relocating to the oakland area within the next 5-10 years. 

4 hours ago, Joey563 said:

This will have the chargers talking about relocating to the oakland area within the next 5-10 years. 

Why? The city of Oakland refuses to built a new stadium. Its the reason they left San Diego.

21 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Why? The city of Oakland refuses to built a new stadium. Its the reason they left San Diego.

Going off of the talk of Chargers going to Oakland that came up around the time of the move. NFLNW "experts" even said the Chargers could do like the Rams and let their bare minimum timeframe pass and relocate again.

1 hour ago, Joey563 said:

Going off of the talk of Chargers going to Oakland that came up around the time of the move. NFLNW "experts" even said the Chargers could do like the Rams and let their bare minimum timeframe pass and relocate again.

But someone is going to have to pony up to built them a stadium. They left San Diego because the city refused to built them a stadium. The Raiders left Oakland because the city refused to built them a stadium. Could things change in those cities in the future? Yeah, but I don't see that happening, at least not anytime soon. Remember how long it took the city of Oakland to renovate the coliseum to get the Raiders back? 20 years.

23 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

But someone is going to have to pony up to built them a stadium. They left San Diego because the city refused to built them a stadium. The Raiders left Oakland because the city refused to built them a stadium. Could things change in those cities in the future? Yeah, but I don't see that happening, at least not anytime soon. Remember how long it took the city of Oakland to renovate the coliseum to get the Raiders back? 20 years.

You might be right but i still think the disdain of 9ers and oakland fans would usher this in the future. However i forgot it took that long for Oakland to renovate; it seemed like less time than that.

3 minutes ago, Joey563 said:

You might be right but i still think the disdain of 9ers and oakland fans would usher this in the future. However i forgot it took that long for Oakland to renovate; it seemed like less time than that.

Well, not 20. That ended up being an exaggeration on my part. But it was 13. Raiders played in LA for 13 years. Left Oakland after 1981 and returned in 1995.