Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ShmevinShmarris

Julio Jones Pushing A Project That Will Create Hundreds of Jobs

42 posts in this topic

Didn't see it posted

http://www.wsbtv.com/sports/falcons-julio-jones-pushing-project-to-add-jobs-in-gwinnett-county/506005301

GWINNETT COUNTY, Ga. - Atlanta Falcons’ wide receiver Julio Jones is pushing a project he says will add hundreds of jobs in Gwinnett County.

Jones spoke to lawmakers Wednesday at the state capitol.

The mixed-use development, near the Mall of Georgia, is expected to bring more than 300 jobs.

Jones also told lawmakers the Falcons are working on bringing the city of Atlanta a Super Bowl win.

We're working on getting the chemistry back as a team and get the ball rolling, and it starts in April,” Jones said.

Governor Deal also tweeted a picture with Jones, who gave him a signed jersey.

© 2017 Cox Media Group.

JJ11 is a SUPERHERO. The BEST WR...on and off the field...is on OUR squad. God Bless this Gentleman. I can't remember who said it, but JJ11 is "Terrell Owens without the drama". 

BIRDLAND 2.0 and blkbigdog35 like this

I know someone who is involved in the project. It's going to be a retail investment property. 

1 hour ago, blkbigdog35 said:

Julio putting in some real work!!! My favorite falcon!!

Wow, what a true , humble hero! I remember seeing him proudly place his hand over his heart during the national anthem at a home game his rookie year! Dude is capitalist entrepreneur as well. Hail Julio!

blkbigdog35, Stoic and I love Julio like this

1 hour ago, Stoic said:

JJ11 is a SUPERHERO. The BEST WR...on and off the field...is on OUR squad. God Bless this Gentleman. I can't remember who said it, but JJ11 is "Terrell Owens without the drama". 

He's better than Terrell in every way!

blkbigdog35 and Stoic like this

10 minutes ago, BIRDLAND 2.0 said:

Wow, what a true , humble hero! I remember seeing him proudly place his hand over his heart during the national anthem at a home game his rookie year! Dude is capitalist entrepreneur as well. Hail Julio!

What does putting his hand on his chest have to do with anything? 

1 hour ago, Jy23 said:

What does putting his hand on his chest have to do with anything? 

Uhhh, patriotism, referring to another character trait, besides entrepreneurship. One more facet of a great, well-rounded kid.

blkbigdog35 likes this

2 hours ago, Stoic said:

And just like that....your weak-tea comment seems....trollish. 

I'm trolling bc I asked a question? Ok

Bunchy Carter likes this

That mega-project at MoG is gonna be epic. I live 5 min from the Mall and traffic is already a ***** up there lol gonna be worse with the new entertainment center. Actually Gwinnett Co really is an extension of Atlanta. Either way, I'm excited for it and the stuff Julio is pushing for shows he is more than a once in a lifetime talent for us, he is an exceptional businessman as well 

blkbigdog35 and Sun Tzu 7 like this

Posted (edited)

It is a mixed use development. I posted an Atlanta Business Chronicle about this month's back, like during the summer or early fall. 

It involves, apartments, retail, restaurant and a hotel. A $300 million dollar development.

Edited by The Peregrine

Just now, The Peregrine said:

It is a mixed use development. I posted an Atlanta Business Chronicle about this month's back, like during the summer or early fall. 

It involves, apartments, retail, restairs int and a hotel. A $300Olli on dollar decelopment.

And a multi-faceted luxury entertainment center 

The Peregrine likes this

2 minutes ago, D.B.N. said:

That mega-project at MoG is gonna be epic. I live 5 min from the Mall and traffic is already a ***** up there lol gonna be worse with the new entertainment center. Actually Gwinnett Co really is an extension of Atlanta. Either way, I'm excited for it and the stuff Julio is pushing for shows he is more than a once in a lifetime talent for us, he is an exceptional businessman as well 

What entertainment center?

1 minute ago, The Peregrine said:

What entertainment center?

"Also included will be a 50,000-square foot family entertainment center that officials said will boast “luxury bowling, sports theatre, arcade, private event space, restaurant and “multi-faceted entertainment options.”

https://www.google.com/amp/www.ajc.com/news/local/julio-jones-mall-georgia-mega-project-now-has-name/MKQVMvIIgYXWadsnC3m7qK/amp.html

The Peregrine likes this

1 minute ago, D.B.N. said:

"Also included will be a 50,000-square foot family entertainment center that officials said will boast “luxury bowling, sports theatre, arcade, private event space, restaurant and “multi-faceted entertainment options.”

https://www.google.com/amp/www.ajc.com/news/local/julio-jones-mall-georgia-mega-project-now-has-name/MKQVMvIIgYXWadsnC3m7qK/amp.html

This must be an update then.

Here is the one I posted.

http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/news/2016/09/28/falconsjulio-jones-involved-in-large-mixed-use.html 

BIRDLAND 2.0 likes this

10 hours ago, mashburn*Fibonacci said:

What kind of jobs is it?

My guess is they're referring to the permanent jobs needed to run a mixed use facility - management, maintenance, retail positions, etc.  What they don't mention are the hundreds of temporary jobs created to build it.  

BIRDLAND 2.0 likes this

9 hours ago, BIRDLAND 2.0 said:

9 hours ago, BIRDLAND 2.0 said:

Most definitely brother. Truly glad he wears the Red and Black.

BIRDLAND 2.0 likes this

I have been staunch on  no one player is worth 6 draft picks.

Today I see that JJ is clearly worth a lot more, and just stepped into the realm of Priceless.

BIRDLAND 2.0 likes this