Dalvin Cook

"Dalvin Cook, his stock has dropped," Kiper said Friday morning on 97.5 The Fanatic. "To the point where he might not even go in the first-round now. He could be an early-to-mid second-rounder now.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.nj.com/v1/articles/20342057/nfl_draft_2017_christian_mccaffrey_ahead_of_dalvin.amp

Interesting to hear that he would drop that far. Anyone know why? I wonder if this could shake up the latter half of the first round. 

Edited by Sidecar Falcon

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

I knew about the off the field issues. I didn't think he did that badly at the combine. 

Found this from another site

"Sports analytics say that a running back as unathletic as Cook hasn't been drafted in the first round in nearly two decades."

His 40 was the lower end of ok @ 4.49, his terrible 30.5 vert and 7.27 3 cone are what did him in.

28 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Found this from another site

"Sports analytics say that a running back as unathletic as Cook hasn't been drafted in the first round in nearly two decades."

His 40 was the lower end of ok @ 4.49, his terrible 30.5 vert and 7.27 3 cone are what did him in.

Was doing some research on him. Didn't know all that. It makes sense. 

8 minutes ago, FalcanFanatic93 said:

If he is there in the second we draft him and trade tevin colman for two later picks. Cook and freeman would be a **** of a one two punch. Plus cook would greatly improve our redzone offense.

Why' would you trade Tevin Coleman for dalvin cook ?? 

4 minutes ago, caponine said:

Reasons ? 

4,464 yards 46 TDs in only 3 seasons in the second best college football conference. He will be just as much of a threat in the passing game and will be an overall more consistent back then Coleman. Also, no shower accidents. 

EDIT: Coleman is also going to get paid in 2 years, while we could have Cook for cheap for potentially 5 years.. 

Edited by Realist

1 minute ago, Realist said:

4,464 yards 46 TDs in only 3 seasons in the second best college football conference. He will be just as much of a threat in the passing game and will be an overall more consistent back then Coleman. Also, no shower accidents. 

Ha funny soo your still on that ?? And  ,  he's basically a faster  version of Freeman? , Coleman got 2000 yards behind a terrible offensive Line , Dalvin had a good line . Coleman was very consistent this year . He helped Falcons win games tremendously 

1 minute ago, caponine said:

Ha funny soo your still on that ?? And  ,  he's basically a faster  version of Freeman? , Coleman got 2000 yards behind a terrible offensive Line , Dalvin had a good line . Coleman was very consistent this year . He helped Falcons win games tremendously 

I think he's harder to bring down than Freeman. Plus he's better inbetween the tackles. Also, see my comment about the contract situation.

7 minutes ago, Realist said:

EDIT: Coleman is also going to get paid in 2 years, while we could have Cook for cheap for potentially 5 years.. 

College stats mean jack for RBs. He tested absolutely terribly athletically and he's a terrible person.

11 minutes ago, Realist said:

Too soon to be worrying about Coleman getting paid....

and cook has much bigger issues than shower incidents. 

I do agree cook has the physical talent to excel at the next level. 

15 minutes ago, caponine said:

Why' would you trade Tevin Coleman for dalvin cook ?? 

I wouldn't, but I would to pick up a few picks. We draft very well and I feel like there wouldnt be a big drop off in production if any. Plus you never know what additions you could add with a couple picks. We have been hitiing on the late round picks as of late. Plus just my opinion but I like having a real physical back to wear down defenses. Coleman is a one cut back, but a good one. I just like exploring options and if cook drops that low he will have a chip on his shoulder.

1 minute ago, Vandy said:

Too soon to be worrying about Coleman getting paid....

and cook has much bigger issues than shower incidents. 

I do agree cook has the physical talent to excel at the next level. 

I thought he did before the combine. Now......i just don't know.

No, the combine isn't the end all, be all, but for running backs it's extremely important.

Let me look for the article I found a few years ago that discussed it. It was for fantasy football purposes but it still applies.

Cook is in like the 10th percentile athletically. His chances for success are very slim according to this.