Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SirrDooley

Can anyone reference this article back to our current defense??

32 posts in this topic

52 minutes ago, abcranford2 said:

Correct, in nickel you take lb out and replace with a db 

So who would be the 4 linemen. Nickel is obvious passing down, so we need guys that can get to the QB. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, SirrDooley said:

So who would be the 4 linemen. Nickel is obvious passing down, so we need guys that can get to the QB. 

We tend to use a variety of different people.  One of them is usually Beasley though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, SirrDooley said:

So who would be the 4 linemen. Nickel is obvious passing down, so we need guys that can get to the QB. 

Last season we had Freeney at LEO, Jarrett at NT, Clay at 3 tech and Vic at LE often in nickel. Clay would be at LEO or RE when Freeney wasn't on the field. When Clay went down, Upshaw filled in admirably at DT. But basically, it wasn't one set combination. Strongly dictated by matchups, injuries and ultimately gut instinct by Quinn. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Falcanuck said:

Last season we had Freeney at LEO, Jarrett at NT, Clay at 3 tech and Vic at LE often in nickel. Clay would be at LEO or RE when Freeney wasn't on the field. When Clay went down, Upshaw filled in admirably at DT. But basically, it wasn't one set combination. Strongly dictated by matchups, injuries and ultimately gut instinct by Quinn. 

Well if we were to draft an edge rusher we could

Potentially have RE - rookie, Jarrett, poe/Clayborn, Beasley.  Doesn't that sound nastyyyy 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SirrDooley said:

Well if we were to draft an edge rusher we could

Potentially have RE - rookie, Jarrett, poe/Clayborn, Beasley.  Doesn't that sound nastyyyy 

Dam right

SirrDooley likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Falcanuck said:

Dam right

So basically we have our base covered which is what play 1st down( can we put some names that would be out there?) and based on the situation we are in nickel or base after 1st down? Just want to get a better understanding of how we were last season on the line vs what can we be after the draft? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Watt's multiple knee injuries to both knees scares the crap out of me.

Yep. Lawson's injury history too. Big PASS!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0