Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gazoo

Dontari Poe Signing gets very high ratings from pundits

38 posts in this topic

25 minutes ago, ShmevinShmarris said:

Poe is 26?? Holy cow for some reason I was thinking he's 29.

Peria Jerry was 29 when we drafted him.....lol.

32 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

I'm not a card-carrying homer myself, however I agree, I think Grady getting minimum 10 sacks is a realistic projection. Yes, I'll take a tiny sip of that Dirty Bird Kool-Aide, thanks.  :D

You guys are funny homers indeed. Grady's not gonna get 10 fricking sacks from a DT, who spiked that Kook-aide you guys are drinking?

he's gonna get 15! :rolleyes:

PokerSteve likes this

Posted (edited)

Was great to be out of town, not paying attention to anything until last night, getting home and checking the boards to see we signed Poe... I was like, "Oh HeII Yeah!", some 4 days after the fact... lol

Edited by falconfansince66
Dbl post..
gazoo likes this

6 hours ago, MAD597 said:

I hope this gives us the DL we always wanted

Poe = Grady Jackson

Beasley = Abe

Jarrett = Rod Coleman

Kerney =  Maybe TJ Watt?

What is exciting is we are almost in BPA for the draft right now.

Fixed it... (I think..) 

14 hours ago, Da_Truth said:

I really feel a lot better about signing him now that the pundits have spoken. :rolleyes:

funny how it is "who cares what they think?" when they don't agree.

NashvilleFalcon01 likes this

26 minutes ago, birdz4i said:

funny how it is "who cares what they think?" when they don't agree.

I could care less when they agree or disagree.  My point is--and has always been--the media's opinion carries no more weight than yours or mine. 

NashvilleFalcon01 likes this

On 3/19/2017 at 8:43 PM, gazoo said:

SB Nation - A

During the Falcons’ Super Bowl run, the team’s young and speedy defense found a rhythm in the latter half of the year. Still, the team finished near the bottom of the NFL in total defense and bolstering the unit is top priority. Adding nearly 350 pounds to the middle of the defensive line is a great way to start and will benefit all aspects of the Atlanta defense.

Bill Barnwell, ESPN - B

As a result, the Memphis product had to settle for a one-year, $8-million deal with the Falcons. The deal makes sense as a replacement for 35-year-old Jonathan Babineaux, who remains an unrestricted free agent and may retire. The Falcons had the league's fourth-worst rush-defense DVOA last season, and while Atlanta has made a conscious choice to sacrifice strength for speed, the 346-pound Poe gives Dan Quinn a mauling nose tackle on the interior of his defense. Given that Scott Pioli was the Chiefs general manager when Kansas City selected Poe in the first round of the 2012 draft, it's not an enormous surprise to see Poe head to Georgia.

Sports Illustrated - A-

The Falcons’ options up front will allow coach Dan Quinn to be creative with his personnel, mixing and matching as the situation demands. Poe was a three-down player in Kansas City, to the point that he rarely came off the field. He should have more of a chance to catch his breath with the Falcons. 

Bleacher Report - A+

Poe is probably a bit overrated and is coming off a down year, but he's still a nimble mountain of a man and has two Pro Bowl nods under his belt at the age of 26. And he undoubtedly makes a young defense better by bringing size and experience to the front. For a one-year, $8 million commitment, that's golden. 

Walter Football - A 

I love this signing. The Falcons are potentially getting a dominant presence in the interior of their defensive line. If Poe can't get healthy, then Atlanta isn't risking anything because it can just cut ties with him after this season. This is all reward with no risk.

The Falcoholic -http://www.thefalcoholic.com/2017/3/19/14973440/falcons-free-agent-grades-dontari-poe-atlanta-signing-rashede-hageman-grady-jarrett 

Pundits universally agreeing on anything causes me great concern. 

gazoo likes this

40 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Pundits universally agreeing on anything causes me great concern. 

funny....I was thinking same as I posted that!  Typically when we get a D grade draft, we pull 4 or 5 starters out of it. When we get an A draft, we are lucky to get one starter

Vandy likes this

This signing has the potential to impact the D-line as much as Mack impacted the O-line last season. It immediately makes the players on all three layers of defense better. And although I'm hoping we find a gem in the draft, Shelby and Clayborn are going to be able to chase a few sacks toward Beasley in addition to finding their own. Lots and lots of layers on this onion.

YungFalco likes this

6 hours ago, PokerSteve said:

I'm not a card-carrying homer myself, however I agree, I think Grady getting minimum 10 sacks is a realistic projection. Yes, I'll take a tiny sip of that Dirty Bird Kool-Aide, thanks.  :D

One thing the SB showed me was Grady truely has the heart of a warrior. He was tired but kept fighting.

falconsrus and PokerSteve like this

18 hours ago, Herr Doktor said:

I feel the same. I don't care about what anyone says about this season before a game is played. I care about what we actually do

On 3/19/2017 at 11:47 PM, JT said:

I'm probably just a Falcons homer but I believe Grady is going to get 10 sacks minimum barring no injury.

It's conceivable. His pressures and QB hits kept increasing as season went on leading to a 3 sack Super Bowl performance. Playing next to Poe we could see Grady break out in double digit sacks. 

Since1990 and JT like this

On 21/03/2017 at 6:30 AM, g-dawg said:

3-out-of-4 ain't bad.:rolleyes:

Lol I thought the last was a stretch also. Apart from Prime, Kerney is my favourite falcon of all time and Jack Crawford wishes he was half as dominant as Kerneys jock strap  (yeh it went weird but I'm really trying to say I loved that guy!!!)

g-dawg likes this