Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TRUju2111

The reason why our offense will not regress

48 posts in this topic

We'll almost certainly regress to the mean. We just had one of the best offensive seasons in NFL history. The odds are not in our favor to match or better those numbers. 

I think we have a great shot at 11 or 12 wins, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, droopy1592 said:

Ha we had the longest scoring drives of any team last season. We should be better here. 

Yes... long driving is never a bad thing. B)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

LOL funny post, sorry OP thats not a good thing.

Every OC is different. They call different plays at different times. Why do you think the D got better after the bye week when Dan started calling the D instead of Richard Smith....Same players, same defense scheme...Because play callers are different.

Yes the O will regress and that nearly 100% guaranteed. This is Sark running Kyle's offense. Kyle's offense. I'll say it again Kyle's offense. You really think Sark is a 100% expert in Kyle's offense and can call Kyle's offense as well as Kyle? LMFAO!

thanks for the laugh.

 

 

ps kyles offense.

Edited by runshoot
NashvilleFalcon01 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's all about staying healthy.  

I think/home we will upgrade our O-Line. If we do, our Offense will be as good as it was last year.  If Matt has time to operate, he can deliver the ball and our WR can get open.  Also, Free can chew up some yards on the ground.  

I think our Defense will greatly improve.  Not just due to the FA's we got, but due to the experience of the 1st and 2nd year guys.  Even if our D climbs up toward the top 10 (12th - 8th) we will be a tough team to handle due to our offense.  

Special teams... We have to stop getting penalties on Punt returns and kick returns. If we do that, we will greatly improve.  A 45 yrd return from the 10yrd line that has a penalty that backs us from the opponents 45 yrd line to the 5 yard line means it doesn't matter who is returning kicks for us.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

We were 8th in the league in STs in total. While any individual portion of that may improve, there isnt really a whole lot of room for the entire unit to get appreciably better. 

Not sure what is included in the overall number but when Bosher was injured and not kicking the ball well and we had to cover it was shaky(not horrible).

I would say kicking the ball through the back of end zone on most kickoffs helps this number as well. 

Plus we just lost our best SP tackler so we "may not" be as good on that as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We're gonna challenge for a top 5 all time offense next year. A nucleus of Julio, Free, and Ryan with good protection is just too much

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, runshoot said:

LOL funny post, sorry OP thats not a good thing.

Every OC is different. They call different plays at different times. Why do you think the D got better after the bye week when Dan started calling the D instead of Richard Smith....Same players, same defense scheme...Because play callers are different.

Yes the O will regress and that nearly 100% guaranteed. This is Sark running Kyle's offense. Kyle's offense. I'll say it again Kyle's offense. You really think Sark is a 100% expert in Kyle's offense and can call Kyle's offense as well as Kyle? LMFAO!

thanks for the laugh.

 

 

ps kyles offense.

Koetter called Mularkey's offense better than Mike Mularkey 

TRUju2111 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Alomar said:

I disagree. I think, if both teams stay healthy, it will be us vs. Raiders in SB LII.

I would rather play Raiders. Or any team besides Patriots.  The Patriots always seem to get lucky in playoffs unless they are playing a Manning.

Alomar likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, NashvilleFalcon01 said:

I doubt the team averages 34 a game, but the team will not regress for reasons you've mentioned.

If everyone returns and remains healthy...why not expect PPG in that ballpark?  The personnel in this offense is difficult to stop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Theyhateme : ) said:

If everyone returns and remains healthy...why not expect PPG in that ballpark?  The personnel in this offense is difficult to stop.

Well, can we expect to only turn the ball over 11 times? Can we expect our running backs to only fumble twice? Can we expect our OC to be as good a play caller as the former OC? Will we lead the league again in defensive touchdowns? Will we have to play in the elements this year? How will we perform? None of the teams in the top 10 of offense all time have done it in back to back seasons. Why do we expect to be the first?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, poutlipper said:

Pretty much seems to be the consensus.  I don't think our offense will score as many points next year, but I think we'll be better overall.

I can see that. 

But I think our stats will reflect the opponents as well. So if we play lesser defenses we could do as well or better and vice verse. 

So with the AFC East and the NFC North being our opponents, they have formable units.

poutlipper likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Why our offensive rankings will go down.

Fair catch Weems got cut so we probably won't be leading the league in 90+ yard drives again!

That plus defensive stops. We will have many more this year and in quicker fashion. If our defense plays like it did at the end of the season I don't see why we can't score more. We scored more points during the last part of the season once the defense was called by Quinn, even though teams had film on us and they could see Shanny's tendencies and whatnot. Now they have to try to figure out Sark, and many don't realize MR will guide the direction of the offensive plan. He and Shanny were calling plays the other expected or expecting plays the other called. 

falconsrus likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

I can see that. 

But I think our stats will reflect the opponents as well. So if we play lesser defenses we could do as well or better and vice verse. 

So with the AFC East and the NFC North being our opponents, they have formable units.

Good point, we went against some tough D's this year, 7 games against top 15 scoring D's, 4 against top 10.  

 

I don't look at this offense as a flash in the pan offense.   I expect continuity and for them to be top 3 scoring offense for the next couple of years.  All of that being said, we all saw the improvement our defense made from the beginning of the season to the end.  This team is going to have a couple more chances at a Championship.

Crazy Trav likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, poutlipper said:

Good point, we went against some tough D's this year, 7 games against top 15 scoring D's, 4 against top 10.  

 

I don't look at this offense as a flash in the pan offense.   I expect continuity and for them to be top 3 scoring offense for the next couple of years.  All of that being said, we all saw the improvement our defense made from the beginning of the season to the end.  This team is going to have a couple more chances at a Championship.

I would also like to throw the log on the fire that we won't be facing as many good offenses this year as we did this previous year as well.

poutlipper and Crazy Trav like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/20/2017 at 6:00 PM, NashvilleFalcon01 said:

Well, can we expect to only turn the ball over 11 times? Can we expect our running backs to only fumble twice? Can we expect our OC to be as good a play caller as the former OC? Will we lead the league again in defensive touchdowns? Will we have to play in the elements this year? How will we perform? None of the teams in the top 10 of offense all time have done it in back to back seasons. Why do we expect to be the first?

OMG...I'm not really interested in rhetoric right now.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Once we sure up the RG situation, I see us being just as unstoppable. Julio with two good feet is going to run off just as much coverage as last year for others to find holes in the D. From the play calling standpoint I expect hiccups in year one just like with anything that's new. Takes a little time to get in that good rhythm. But I don't see a huge drop off unless someone is severely injured. I'm sure they realize that everyone besides the Pats is gonna talk in the locker room about knocking off last year's NFC champs as motivation...so they will need to up their mojo every week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/20/2017 at 0:27 PM, runshoot said:

LOL funny post, sorry OP thats not a good thing.

Every OC is different. They call different plays at different times. Why do you think the D got better after the bye week when Dan started calling the D instead of Richard Smith....Same players, same defense scheme...Because play callers are different.

Yes the O will regress and that nearly 100% guaranteed. This is Sark running Kyle's offense. Kyle's offense. I'll say it again Kyle's offense. You really think Sark is a 100% expert in Kyle's offense and can call Kyle's offense as well as Kyle? LMFAO!

thanks for the laugh.

 

 

ps kyles offense.

Hopefully Matt Ryan will be able to change plays as he sees fit. Matt Ryan is the one guy that may be smarter than KS play calling. If Ryan has freedom that Brady and Rogers does that would be great.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Theyhateme : ) said:

OMG...I'm not really interested in rhetoric right now.  

Those were legitimate questions. A lot has to go right for special seasons like the one we had. Why would we expect all of those to go right again? It's far from impossible, but not nearly a slam dunk. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/23/2017 at 7:24 PM, NashvilleFalcon01 said:

Those were legitimate questions. A lot has to go right for special seasons like the one we had. Why would we expect all of those to go right again? It's far from impossible, but not nearly a slam dunk. 

I'm more optimistic and pessimistic.  It wasn't a fluke that we got there.  I know its early, but we have talent at the key positions, the rookies have SB experience.  Outside of injuries, it makes sense to suggest that this is a playoff team poised to make another run at the SB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0