Jump to content

Our Offense vs The Buc's Offense


Madness21
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, NashvilleFalcon01 said:

Winston will still struggle with turnovers and decision making. He also plays with too much emotion. We have the MVP, they don't. 

Agree. Also think Winston will struggle throwing accurately while horizontal looking out the earhole of his helmet with Beastley, Claborn and Poe using his carcass as a couch.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is it certain Martin will be around...i thought he was on the outs?

 

as far as the wideouts go, i think VJax is on the tail in of his career... So long as Desean realizes he's not the orimaru option, he and Evans are a top 5 duo in the league... and probably higher. I just haven't given much thought to other duos.

 

i think out trio of WR is better than theirs, and our TEs too....

most importantly though, assuming we're running the same system as last year, our scheme is much better, as is our Oline. And our backs

Link to comment
Share on other sites

QB: Clearly we have the advantage with Ryan, but it's hard to compare the two really. Winston is only 23 and has 50 TDs already. Matt was a rookie when he was 23. Winston needs to work on his accuracy/decision making, but he did make improvements in the 2nd half of the season. IMO he'll end up being a great QB.

RB: We have the advantage. Martin/Sims played poorly last year, but Quizz balled out for them. 

WR: Honestly i'd take their top 3 receivers over ours. Evans is a beast, but i'd still take Julio. Jackson is better than Sanu. Humpries is better than Gabriel. 

TE: Brate is much better than Hooper at this point. So Bucs.

O-line: They have the better guards in Marpet/Sweezy and we have the better center and tackles. 

Overall, it all comes down to Winston for them. Jackson adds some much needed speed to their offense. Should open things up for Evans and the running game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Im sure Falcons aren't sleeping on Winston and the Bucs as our fans seem to be. They will be a playoff team next season.

NFCS will be a dogfight between us, Bucs, and panthers next year. Toughest division in football.

Bro where do you see them getting us?

I think a lot of people have slept on the Falcons defense if anything.This off season we are going to see this defense go to another level.

I personally think if they do NO team in the division is going to get close to us.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Bro where do you see them getting us?

I think a lot of people have slept on the Falcons defense if anything.This off season we are going to see this defense go to another level.

I personally think if they do NO team in the division is going to get clos to us.

I agree our D will step up, but doubt our offense stays clicking as same pace like it did last year without Shanny. He was brilliant at OC (until SB meltdown)...

I think Bucs are young and talented just like us. Panthers are solid as well. If either drafts s stud RB, look out. 

Last year was just our year, magical really. We had a lot of breaks go our way last year. Was there a healthier team coming in to playoffs than us?

J Winston to me is Ben Roethlisberger 2.0. I think he has 'it'. Cam doesn't, but Carolina has that stud defense. And if they draft a Fournette at RB......

Edited by Vandy
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Bro where do you see them getting us?

I think a lot of people have slept on the Falcons defense if anything.This off season we are going to see this defense go to another level.

I personally think if they do NO team in the division is going to get close to us.

That's debatable.

Panthers defense took the pieces it needs to be successful. Our defense relied heavily on solid nickel packages in 2013 and 2015 to be successful, and free up our linebackers to disrupt the LoS and middle. Captain Munnerlyn allows that to occur, with him holding up his area.

With the experience that our secondary has now, and the addition of Mike Adams, our linebackers should stop dropping back and engage into what they've done best in 2013 and 2015, and I can assure you that we'll have some crazy schemes with Peppers, Addison, Butler, Short, and some of CJ as our pass rushers. 

Secondary shored up allows Coleman to go to his 2015 position where he thrived, and our scheme should be able to thrive and make us a defense in at least top 5 consideration for the 2017 season.

Offensively, can't say much until I see the draft, but I see us becoming better. If we can emulate 2011's juggernaut with our 2 TE sets and running game, I can assure you we won't be a pushover.

Also would have to wait and see if Matt Kalil can make that LT spot his own. If he plays at 2015 Oher's level, then Cam will thrive. When Cam trusts that his o-line won't back down to pressure, his mechanics and technique improves dramatically. There's a reason he exploded as MVP in 2015, and that's due to him staying calm and not reacting to phantom pressure he seemed to worry about all 2016.

But I'd have to wait for the draft to see if that would be a possibility.

Edited by SamMills51
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Im sure Falcons aren't sleeping on Winston and the Bucs as our fans seem to be. They will be a playoff team next season.

NFCS will be a dogfight between us, Bucs, and panthers next year. Toughest division in football.

This is said literally every year. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

why are people worried about Desean Jackson? he's had 1 good game against us and when he was with Philly we played them every year for like 6 years, they were almost a division rival. he's older now and our DBs are the exact same speed as him. the only WR to worry about on the Bucs is Mike Evans

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Realist said:

QB: Clearly we have the advantage with Ryan, but it's hard to compare the two really. Winston is only 23 and has 50 TDs already. Matt was a rookie when he was 23. Winston needs to work on his accuracy/decision making, but he did make improvements in the 2nd half of the season. IMO he'll end up being a great QB.

RB: We have the advantage. Martin/Sims played poorly last year, but Quizz balled out for them. 

WR: Honestly i'd take their top 3 receivers over ours. Evans is a beast, but i'd still take Julio. Jackson is better than Sanu. Humpries is better than Gabriel. 

TE: Brate is much better than Hooper at this point. So Bucs.

O-line: They have the better guards in Marpet/Sweezy and we have the better center and tackles. 

Overall, it all comes down to Winston for them. Jackson adds some much needed speed to their offense. Should open things up for Evans and the running game.

Huh??? Julio is far better than Evans at this point. I'll admit Desean is better than Sanu, though that might not be the case in the coming years as Sanu is much younger. But in what world is Humphries better than Turbo? Thats just ridiculous.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, MD-FalconFan13 said:

Huh??? Julio is far better than Evans at this point. I'll admit Desean is better than Sanu, though that might not be the case in the coming years as Sanu is much younger. But in what world is Humphries better than Turbo? Thats just ridiculous.

Really? I think Mike Evans is a top 5 receiver right now. He had a better year than Julio last year imo. Humpries has about 100 more yards and 25+ more catches than turbo.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...