Madness21

Our Offense vs The Buc's Offense

144 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

I don't understand why everyone's worried about Mike Evans there's still not a secondary in the division that can take care of Julio Jones everyone keeps talking about everyone else's weapons when we have the best weapon in the league ready to deploy and destroy anyone.

I mean look at him he was injured that whole play-off series and look what he did.I swear if I hear another stupid Mike Evans or anybody else offensively in this division please.

Julio Jones is still who every team fears every team.

I agree Julio is the best in the game and it ain't even close, but I'm not gonna disrespect Mike Evans. Evans is a handful but luckily for us we got corners that can at least cover him one on one. I dare a team to cover Julio one on one lol

kiwifalcon and RoddyWhite84 like this

3 minutes ago, raysnill1 said:

I agree Julio is the best in the game and it ain't even close, but I'm not gonna disrespect Mike Evans. Evans is a handful but luckily for us we got corners that can at least cover him one on one. I dare a team to cover Julio one on one lol

I was wondering how you'd take my response as I wasn't trying to have a go.Offense within the NFCS starts and ends in Atlanta talk up everyone as much as you like.

Julio

Ryan the MVP

The best 2 headed monster running game good lord give me strength until someone can prove with wins and putting up numbers like we did last year this discussion is over.

raysnill1 likes this

1 minute ago, kiwifalcon said:

I was wondering how you'd take my response as I wasn't trying to have a go.Offense within the NFCS starts and ends in Atlanta talk up everyone as much as you like.

Julio

Ryan the MVP

The best 2 headed monster running game good lord give me strength until someone can prove with wins and putting up numbers like we did last year this discussion is over.

agreed. personally I get os sick of all the "I'm nervous about..." talk myself. until somebosy proves they can deal with Julio, Ryan, Free & TeCo and to a lesser extent Gabriel, I don't wanna hear it either. New Orleans is the closest to us as far as offenses but they do a LOT of scoring in garbage time trying to pad stats, when we were shutting down the offense in the 3rd quarter most games. and its not just the NFCS, it's the whole league, they're on notice...

kiwifalcon likes this

7 minutes ago, raysnill1 said:

agreed. personally I get os sick of all the "I'm nervous about..." talk myself. until somebosy proves they can deal with Julio, Ryan, Free & TeCo and to a lesser extent Gabriel, I don't wanna hear it either. New Orleans is the closest to us as far as offenses but they do a LOT of scoring in garbage time trying to pad stats, when we were shutting down the offense in the 3rd quarter most games. and its not just the NFCS, it's the whole league, they're on notice...

Fun fact: We outscored the Saints 76 to 38 thru 3 quarters last year. We doubled them up with 4 rookies starting on defense....

raysnill1 and RoddyWhite84 like this

13 hours ago, Vandy said:

I agree our D will step up, but doubt our offense stays clicking as same pace like it did last year without Shanny. He was brilliant at OC (until SB meltdown)...

I think Bucs are young and talented just like us. Panthers are solid as well. If either drafts s stud RB, look out. 

Last year was just our year, magical really. We had a lot of breaks go our way last year. Was there a healthier team coming in to playoffs than us?

J Winston to me is Ben Roethlisberger 2.0. I think he has 'it'. Cam doesn't, but Carolina has that stud defense. And if they draft a Fournette at RB......

This...I never wanted to say it but we DID have a little luck fall our way with the Packers and Seahawks being injury riddled around playoff time. Missing their guys on offense and defense hurt them and having a healthy dominating offense took us to the big dance.

Vandy likes this

7 hours ago, raysnill1 said:

He had over 225 yards and 3 tds against us last year. Maybe they should double him.

Jerz likes this

7 hours ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

This topic is offensive. We shattered numerous NFL records last year and lost nobody but our FB.

We scored almost 12 ppg more than TB last year. TB was in the bottom half of the NFL in points scored.

And offensive coordinator 

17 hours ago, JOEinPHX said:

The return of Vincent Jackson is pretty iffy.  He wants to come back but his rehab is a long way from complete and the gas tank is bumping around empty - the older you get, you know?

And I do expect the Bucs to improve their run game.  They have an interesting situation with Martin.  An inconsistent, injury-prone guy with a drug addiction, who they can unload without any contract ramifications.  A guy who had a great rookie season and a great contract season but has been a huge disappointment otherwise.  Given the depth of this years RB draft, I have to believe they drop him and bring in one of the top five backs in this draft, especially if they can get some trade value.  I don't know if his contract has trade stipulations, but even if it does, they may have been voided by his suspension.

Whoa. Didn't know that. You guys may go wr early in the draft as well. The defense is loaded so you can afford some early skill player moves in the draft 

5 hours ago, Realist said:

He had over 225 yards and 3 tds against us last year. Maybe they should double him.

2 of the td's were in the blowout game. We don't need to double him. Justt put Collins on him in man to man. Him have 225 yards and 3 td's is cool but we beat ourselves in the 1st game and the second game in Tampa speaks for itself. 

22 hours ago, Madness21 said:

I still think that we have an edge because of our QB but  with their signing of Desean Jackson along with Evans, VJackson, Martin and suppose Winston improves even just a little. How far do you think they really are from us?

In the immortal words of Larry Miller, it's the difference between shooting a bullet and throwing it.

7 hours ago, Hard2BaBirdWachr said:

This...I never wanted to say it but we DID have a little luck fall our way with the Packers and Seahawks being injury riddled around playoff time. Missing their guys on offense and defense hurt them and having a healthy dominating offense took us to the big dance.

But we were injury riddled too. We just had better quality depth. We were missing our best corner, best TE, 2nd best edge rusher, one of our best run stoppers, backup SS that plays LB in certain situations and some more. We were not as healthy as some believe ourselves. Imagine if we had tru, Clayborn, Shelby, Ish, and Tamme. That's 4 starters and a major contributor. Bottom line is Seattle won a playoff game. GB won 2. They both just ran into buZsaw. Injuries are no excuse. GB won a SB with the most lost time injuries in the league in 2010. 

RoddyWhite84 likes this

The bucs will give us a run honestly..there an up and coming team just like we are and taking my bias glasses off they will live or die by Winston.he plays somewhat well they will be dangerous..so these years games I expect to be good but I'd still pick us to win those games considering how we match up with them 

4 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

2 of the td's were in the blowout game. We don't need to double him. Justt put Collins on him in man to man. Him have 225 yards and 3 td's is cool but we beat ourselves in the 1st game and the second game in Tampa speaks for itself. 

Evans actually hurt us before the outcome was decided. Neal cranked him as punishment after we'd built an insurmountable lead. All matchups between Evans and Trufant are must-watch All-22 footage. It's the best inter-division duel in the NFL right now, a top three corner vs. a top six WR.

TheFatboi likes this

3 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

But we were injury riddled too. We just had better quality depth. We were missing our best corner, best TE, 2nd best edge rusher, one of our best run stoppers, backup SS that plays LB in certain situations and some more. We were not as healthy as some believe ourselves. Imagine if we had tru, Clayborn, Shelby, Ish, and Tamme. That's 4 starters and a major contributor. Bottom line is Seattle won a playoff game. GB won 2. They both just ran into buZsaw. Injuries are no excuse. GB won a SB with the most lost time injuries in the league in 2010. 

McCarthy himself said after the game they just ran into a buzzsaw..they were throughly beaten across the board.good teams was supposed to do what they did to Seattle and green bay,they were weak we destroyed them.had it been the other way around it just would have been another add to the ballad of Rodgers or how clutch Wilson is..so I don't want to hear the injury excuse they both fought to get to the playoffs and win there respective games..just midnight struck for both of them.to quote one of my favorite movie lines..you have been weighed you have been measured and you been found wanting.

TheFatboi likes this

21 hours ago, raysnill1 said:

why are people worried about Desean Jackson? he's had 1 good game against us and when he was with Philly we played them every year for like 6 years, they were almost a division rival. he's older now and our DBs are the exact same speed as him. the only WR to worry about on the Bucs is Mike Evans

I know how to deal with Evans...

raysnill1 likes this

8 hours ago, Hard2BaBirdWachr said:

TRUFANT!!! tamme, shelby, clay, spoon

9 minutes ago, RoddyWhite84 said:

McCarthy himself said after the game they just ran into a buzzsaw..they were throughly beaten across the board.good teams was supposed to do what they did to Seattle and green bay,they were weak we destroyed them.had it been the other way around it just would have been another add to the ballad of Rodgers or how clutch Wilson is..so I don't want to hear the injury excuse they both fought to get to the playoffs and win there respective games..just midnight struck for both of them.to quote one of my favorite movie lines..you have been weighed you have been measured and you been found wanting.

Absolutely. How does those teams having injuries apply to us when they made to the playoffs AND won games. Seattle put the beat down on Detroit and GB knocked off the top NFC best record having team in the entire league. I remember a board member saying our season was over when tru went down. Well built teams can live thru injuries. NE went 11-5 without Brady. NY won a SB with Jeff Hostetler. Washington won a SB with Doug Williams. A backup that year. An old backup at that. I think we are well built enough to still be a playoff team without Matt. We may not score as much or as frequent but you adjust your team. You put the weight on the rb's and let schaub compliment that and the defense will have to step up and I think they would in that situation. We are a very well built team and we're still getting better and building. 

RoddyWhite84 likes this

3 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

Absolutely. How does those teams having injuries apply to us when they made to the playoffs AND won games. Seattle put the beat down on Detroit and GB knocked off the top NFC best record having team in the entire league. I remember a board member saying our season was over when tru went down. Well built teams can live thru injuries. NE went 11-5 without Brady. NY won a SB with Jeff Hostetler. Washington won a SB with Doug Williams. A backup that year. An old backup at that. I think we are well built enough to still be a playoff team without Matt. We may not score as much or as frequent but you adjust your team. You put the weight on the rb's and let schaub compliment that and the defense will have to step up and I think they would in that situation. We are a very well built team and we're still getting better and building. 

I agree I just don't want to test being without matt..I don't think us getting to the bowl this year isn't out the question,we are building depth and I think the lack of it came back and got us in the bowl..this isn't Madden where if your starter goes down you got one just as equal to plug in bit the guys we had did an awesome job..and I know this is an unpopular opinion but has the game went on and mack became less effective I would have rather put garland in a center..the middle was getting blown up and we couldn't run up the middle..but mack is a warrior nothing taken from him at all.i just hope Matthews bounces back because he had the worse game of his life..but honestly alot started in favor of the Falcons not winning and it started super week..between Freeman and shannahan and other Lil underlying things just bad juju to me..

The NFL if it's true by not having us play the Pats first isn't doing them any favors it's making Atlanta look worse..that's the first team I'd want and I hope DQ says something about that to whoever he needs to.

Koetter had better weapons here still couldn't make the offense as good as the Falcons were last year. Also Mike Smith's defense should regress hard.

SamMills51 at it again, lol.

Back to the relevant topic.

TB needs a big step forward in the OL to compare w us. It starts there. 

Hampster cant seem to dominate in consecutive years, and he is not as good as Freeman in my bias opinion. 

Evans is really good, but Julio is still the best (2nd at worst) WR in the game. I would be curious the % QB of targets each gets their way, as this offense spreads the ball a lot..Not sure if Winston force feeds Evans like we did Julio 2 seasons ago.

Winston looks good, but so did another strong armed first round QB they had a few years back, who eventually hopped from team to team before the NFL moved on!

As long as Brees is with NO they are the offense to compare in the NFCS. 

18 minutes ago, RoddyWhite84 said:

I agree I just don't want to test being without matt..I don't think us getting to the bowl this year isn't out the question,we are building depth and I think the lack of it came back and got us in the bowl..this isn't Madden where if your starter goes down you got one just as equal to plug in bit the guys we had did an awesome job..and I know this is an unpopular opinion but has the game went on and mack became less effective I would have rather put garland in a center..the middle was getting blown up and we couldn't run up the middle..but mack is a warrior nothing taken from him at all.i just hope Matthews bounces back because he had the worse game of his life..but honestly alot started in favor of the Falcons not winning and it started super week..between Freeman and shannahan and other Lil underlying things just bad juju to me..

The NFL if it's true by not having us play the Pats first isn't doing them any favors it's making Atlanta look worse..that's the first team I'd want and I hope DQ says something about that to whoever he needs to.

Yea you never wanna be without Matt. There is usually a SB rematch during the season. I hope it is. 

14 minutes ago, Jesus said:

Koetter had better weapons here still couldn't make the offense as good as the Falcons were last year. Also Mike Smith's defense should regress hard.

Why do you think their defense will regress?